Shout outs to Joe (Let's embarrass/thank Joe thread)...pls. add more

2»

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    {{{ :) Waving Hi and sending more thanks to you Joe! :) }}}

While walking today, I saw someone who I see on my walks on a regular basis. They stopped me and told me "you're looking really good--I see a huge change in you, you look so much slimmer". Then I saw a family member who sees me on a regular basis, and she told me for the FIRST TIME (again, I see here almost daily), that she sees a big difference in me AND the way I look and she's going to "miss" the "big me". :# I too am seeing a difference in my appearance. My double-chin is almost 90% gone, and even though I still have a long road to travel (44 more pounds), I just want to thank you again for all that you do here on OMAD to help folk like me.

Lastly, you posted something to someone that I want to thank you for as well (I'm going to post it on my journal and it's sooooo important to know and REMEMBER, that maybe it ought to be a "sticky" here it is:

Joe-ism 101

Everybody plateaus. And some plateaus are long. You are not alone in that. And the reason you feel the difficulty is because you have little to lose and your losses will necessarily be slow. You need to give yourself six solid weeks at it. You will lose if you keep yourself in a fasted state with a sizable deficit and train your body to draw on your reserves rather than what you eat. Don't be waiting around for confirmation bias, though. You will psych yourself out.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    I absolutely adore you Joe....thankyou for starting this forum and having the bravery to go against society and sharing your diet with us all. Your the most sharing and caring human being I've ever met. ((huggles))
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    B)
  • OMADing1
    Okay, at the risk of sounding like a "groupie" or something weird like that, too bad, I've GOT to give another HUGE shout out to Joe today. Joe...I just really really REALLY appreciate you so very much--THANK YOU for how you've helped me today o:)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    I absolutely adore you Joe....thankyou for starting this forum and having the bravery to go against society and sharing your diet with us all. Your the most sharing and caring human being I've ever met. ((huggles))

I agree. Thank you Joe-- for going against the flow. I appreciate your videos and generosity of spirit. You are willing to help others.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I fourth that. I thank you every day Joe for what you have meant to me. You are a treasure.

s6syqvbks4fk.png
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Thank you for all you do Joe!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I fourth that. I thank you every day Joe for what you have meant to me. You are a treasure.

s6syqvbks4fk.png

...and I thank you right back real quick here for posting that cute bear pic! :-)
  • OMADing1
    Here's one more shout out/THANKS....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbUzc1UvSpg

You have NO idea how very much this video means to me, especially today. Also, you're looking so very healthy Joe and it's super encouraging and inspirational as all get out to me. B)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I really like this 'Do's and Don't' video! We are so lucky to have Joe to help us. I have learned more from him than anyone else. I like how he adds the psychological aspect of weight loss into his teachings which really resonate with me. Thank you so much Joe!!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Yeah, I love the do and donts vid also. Good stuff Joe.