50 lb weight loss progress (before/after pic)!

Hi all! I'm 2.5 months into my fitness journey, and I thought I'd post a bit of an update to spread inspiration to all who could use some.

I made some radical lifestyle changes to get in shape. This has been a challenge, but harnessing the power of self control/motivation and feeling/seeing the positive effects is the most rewarding thing I've ever witnessed. This is what drives me to continue.

In January of this year, I was at my heaviest (260 lbs) and I flat-out did not like the way I looked or felt, so I simply decided to change that. My eating habits were grotesque (snacking carelessly on whatever I felt like eating) and my activity level was pretty much zero (lying on the couch all day). I was also regularly staying up for 34 hours straight and sleeping 18 hours. It was a mess, and it's actually a wonder I wasn't more obese. My BMI was 35.

For the last 2.5 months, I've been eating a very balanced diet (hours of research have made me a bit of a nutritional wiz), doing intense cardio every morning for 30 minutes, getting a static 8 hours of sleep each night, and doing about 30 minutes of upper body strength training daily. I feel fantastic, and I'm finally starting to like what I see when I look in the mirror. My BMI is currently 28 (20% body fat).

So, I'm getting closer to my target, and very much enjoying the progress. As cliche as it sounds, if I can do this, anybody can. Cheers!

ch0k0pmr8vf7.jpg

Replies

• MsRichard429
    MsRichard429 Posts: 1 Member
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Great progress - averaging 5 pounds a week I guess? - probably too rapid for many on here :wink:

I lost a similar amount at a similar rate last year but got distracted and put it all back on. Hopefully you will not be as daft as me!

• jaymattic86
    jaymattic86 Posts: 12 Member
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Great progress - averaging 5 pounds a week I guess? - probably too rapid for many on here :wink:

I lost a similar amount at a similar rate last year but got distracted and put it all back on. Hopefully you will not be as daft as me!

Yes, an average of about 5 lbs/week, though the rate has slowed of course as I approach a normal BMI. It's really all about having a healthy and resolute mindset - whenever I step on the scale and see a lower number, it's a rewarding sensation that makes me determined to keep up the good work (like a pat on the back). :)

Truth be told, my metabolism is probably a lot more efficient than I ever thought to acknowledge - hence why I wasn't heavier than I was after so many years of carelessness - and I had been taking it for granted. But really, anybody can do this. I'm not that special :P
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Terrific job!!!
  • krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    Great job! It takes a lot of work to remake lifestyle habits. Keep it up!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Great job for turning it all around!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!