Fastest weightloss HELP!

Options
I have so many big events coming up in the new year! I want to remain healthy but my target is to get back into size 8-10 !! Anyone got any tips that have worked for them.. whether it's cutting certain foods or hiit training routines etc.. thank you!

Replies

• Pottsey_x
    Pottsey_x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 12 at the minute, it's mainly my stomach I want to target! Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a post pregnancy bod and my 2 boys have certainly made an impact on me! But now I'm determined to change it! X
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Pottsey_x wrote: »
    I'm a size 12 at the minute, it's mainly my stomach I want to target! Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a post pregnancy bod and my 2 boys have certainly made an impact on me! But now I'm determined to change it! X

For a short term fix, for the holidays and early new year, you may be able to use a corset to fit into your 8-10 party clothes, while you're working on a permanent solution. Try setting your MFP to 1.5lbs a week to lose and see how following that calorie allotment works for a month or so.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Fast weight loss isn't always the best way to go, as you can risk losing muscle and doing a lot of damage to your hormones and internal organs.

As mentioned above, set your deficit to lose .5lb a week and because your deficit is so small, you need to be super diligent in your weighing and logging.

You can also buy clothes that fit your current size, if that's a viable option for Holiday parties and what not.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle McDonald thoroughly.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I would do HIIT for at least 20 minutes 3-4 times a week while staying within a calorie deficit.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

This. It functions perfectly for exactly what you are trying to achieve here. But actually read the book, and don't just try to pick up random information online.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I found reducing sugar intake to under 30grams and increasing fiber to over 30grams while sticking to a 500 calorie deficit each day works wonders. It's extremely tough to follow but really works and you see results quickly. Good luck!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Stick with your one pound per week deficit numbers, weigh your food, work out, and have patience. Fast doesn't work, isn't sustainable, and people tend to gain it all back. Been there, done that. Many times, in fact.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

This...it won't be pleasant though
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can "diet" your way there you know cutting carbs and sugar, 1,200 cals or less, over exercising etc but know in advance that it won't last...I don't know about you but I rather take my time and make sure that is "real" and that I'll be able to maintain this in the long run ;)
  • trigden1991
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Interesting how your acknowledgement of my comment gets 2 likes and I get 2 flags. Must be my measly post count :neutral:
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

^This. It's not really within the parameters of this board to fully discuss it, but it's made for situations like yours.

It's not suggested for anything long-term at all, and will not be pleasant. You need to be made of strong stuff to stick with the protocol and have to do some sort of resistance work (at least the bodyweight exercises he outlines in the book) to ensure you're doing the plan properly.

Also, do get the book so you understand thoroughly what you're doing and have your nutritional bases covered.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Interesting how your acknowledgement of my comment gets 2 likes and I get 2 flags. Must be my measly post count :neutral:

People are probably flagging you for "recommending" a VLCD.

It's a commonly used plan in the bodybuilding world that's safe if used correctly and people actually read the book.

I need to stress that correctly part.

I am totally against people just blithely eating at too low a calorie level, but RFL is different, structured, and has a specific protocol to safeguard against the pitfalls that can occur with a low caloric intake.

It's certainly not what most people eating too few calories who post on these boards are practicing.
  • trigden1991
    Options

It's a commonly used plan in the bodybuilding world that's safe if used correctly and people actually read the book.

I am totally against people just blithely eating at too low a calorie level, but RFL is different, structured, and has a specific protocol to safeguard against the pitfalls that can occur with a low caloric intake.

It's certainly not what most people eating too few calories who post on these boards are practicing.

Completely agree with everything you have written. Although my only recommendation was to read a book.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Completely agree with everything you have written. Although my only recommendation was to read a book.

Have you read the threads here? I'm pretty sure that suggesting reading any book is a bannable offense.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    FAST isn't the way to do it imo, and as others said, you should have started a while ago...

but,
    There is no secret to losing weight, eat less and move more. At your current size 1lb a week would be a sensible amount, that way you can minimise losing muscle along with the fat.

We can't spot reduce but as you lose weight your problem areas will reduce in size. Exercise especially resistance training or using weights will really help.