The cheese appreciation thread

Replies

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Wouldn't**
  • drivennightrunner87
    drivennightrunner87 Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2016
    i'm pretty crazy about havarti (the plain kind)... i like eating it sliced by itself
  • jenilla1 wrote: »
    Cheese. The one, single food I COULD NOT eliminate. Everything else is optional. Technically, you could deny me cheese and I would survive, but I don't think I could be truly happy. I would always miss it... :(

I honestly can't remember a day without cheese in some form or another. I even take it with me on backpacking trips. A life without cheese is like a life without cheese. Not good.

Agreed...too much of it breaks me out tho /: could be a sensitivity to dairy....and NONE of the other kinds (soy, etc.) even compare!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    I HAVE to weigh in on this thread...I have been trying to stay as Paleo as I can since February. My GF is not. So we have cheese in the house. Luckily she has pretty wide-ranging taste, so we get some good stuff. I will not eat it as is, but I do shred it on chili and melt it on burgers; which leads me to the real reason for posting here:

I give you

http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

Read 'em and weep!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I love cheese.. ALL the cheese.

But, I really love it if is is sliced paper thin (if it can be sliced). Brie and Camembert wrapped with puff pastry and baked alongside wine...YUM!!!

Fondue, too... LOVE fondue with a good crusty bread.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    wc8aqr95cmm5.jpg

Thank goodness the bag is small.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Oh god I love cheese so much. There was an amazing cheese place near out last home and they did these $25 cheese platters. It's probably a good thing I don't live there any more. 20 year gouda, 10 year Hook cheddar, the good St Andre. Cashiel blue omg. They made their own pickles and seasoned their marcona almonds just right.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    ^ sounds like u lived in heaven
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    If you love me, smoke me some cheese! Smoked cheese is ... oh ... I lack the words!!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Cheese is life. Since my blood sugars have been super high all day (even with aggressive corrections, eating low carb, and a ton of walking) half of my calories are coming from cheese and pepperoni.

If my BG keeps being this witchy, I might do some leftover beef tips and gravy and douse it with Parmesan cheese. And for dessert... man I really wish I had some Gouda and a good German wine. <3
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    How on earth have I missed this thread?

Cheese is good. Preferably French, soft, and gloriously unpasteurised.
  • VertBert
    VertBert Posts: 34 Member
    All varieties of cheese please. Especially fresh cheese curds from Upstate NY...squeaky good!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    This thread is very Gouda!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    I loved the adult grilled cheese Panera had with cheddar fontina and some other cheese it was delicious!

I get to cut cheese all day so I'm learning about cheeses I never heard of! It's fun to learn.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    What is the best/ worst cheese ever? And do you prefer a soft or hard cheese?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I just came here to say that next time you're making a sandwich with melty cheese to give muenster a try.

220px-Block_of_Muenster_cheese.jpg