Up 5lbs since wednesday

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Messes with your head even if you can pinpoint the reason. I got shot full of steroids last week and put on massive doses of anti-inflammatory drugs - I gained 10 lbs in 2 days! Not a comfortable feeling.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I went on a 6-day backpacking trip. Carried about 40 pounds of gear for 45 miles and 12,000 foot elevation gain.
    Came back 10 pounds heavier...then dropped 15 pounds in the week after I got back.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It's all muscle, don't worry ;)

Snort
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Love my non actionable gains. I get fascinated by how much I can pee the day after.
    Got to admit- it is usually whole weekend away with the girls, or vacations that take me ove a 5 lbs gain.
    You have my respect @SueDonim B)

Cheers, h.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Jumped up 6 lbs over night in the middle of October and I still can't figure out why that happened. Never have had that much of a jump for my period, which didn't come for two more weeks anyway (it was late), and I had already ovulated, no extra salt or carbs the days before... and it took 3 1/2 weeks to get back to where I was. I was starving for the week after the jump, also. Talk about frustrating. Thought I might have been pregnant, but no.

My dr told me there's no reason to check my hormones and therefore didn't run a panel when I had requested it. Currently changing drs, in case anyone was wondering.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    My biggest jump was 4.2 pounds from one morning to the next. That day I had gone canoeing for the first time in months, so my muscles were probably retaining water, and I had a burger and fries, which is pretty rare.
  • drivennightrunner87
    drivennightrunner87 Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2016
    :/ Up 3 lbs since yesterday (binge ate carbs around 11 pm, 2 and 4 am)...jogging more today!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    I went up 5lbs overnight last week or so. It's gone now.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    6lbs up due to flying it's weird but happens every time. It went over the space of a few days.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    9lbs is some good going

I'm down 1.5 but boy do I have DOMs in my glutes
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    9lbs is some good going

I'm down 1.5 but boy do I have DOMs in my glutes

I am proud of that! LOL :)

eta butt DOMS are the worst..
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    I was up 7 pounds after 9 days at an all inclusive resort in Aruba. WORTH IT.
  • avskk wrote: »
    I had a high sodium day yesterday but drank a ton of water hoping it'd balance out. I woke up almost 3lb heavier anyway. I'm feeling... wait for it... salty about it.

Same for me this morning. So much salt between lunch and dinner, and I burned about 1600 calories on my bike ride so I ate to compensate and stayed within calories, but so much density...now I am more dense. ;)
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    I have massive swings in weight after a big carb/sodium intake. My all time record is 11.8 lbs after the three day 4th of July weekend this year. It was a total DGAF weekend - my TOM was looming, and I had three days filled with booze, BBQs, and brunch. I regret none of it! but must admit I almost had a heart attack on the scale that morning - lol.

I got back on track, and 8.5 lbs of water weight came off with 5 days. I was back down to my goal within 2 weeks. Thank god - I'm short and that amount of weight really shows!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    8-10lbs of water weight during period and around 5 for ovulation. Every. Single. Time.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    I wanna play! I just stepped on my scale after an impromptu weekend away (full of awesome, salt-laden food and far more carbs than I can usually fit into my allowance after I meet protein and fat goals) and I'm up 8 pounds since I last weighed on Tuesday. I just laughed. I was pretty undisciplined this week anyway, so I'm sure a small portion of that is legit, but I was impressed - that's a new record for me. Not the kind of PR I normally want to celebrate, but whatever. ;)