40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• jennylg44
    jennylg44 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! I am 46 and have lost 48 pounds this year. My goal now going into the new year is to build more muscle and firm up. Don't really want to spend any money buying stuff so I am going to try just using videos on amazon and youtube. I do Jazzercise twice a week now. Any suggestions are welcome!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!!!

Shortcut to Size: Legs and Abs done, hopefully i will get time to get a workout in, tomorrow as well. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Upper"=Done!
  • keenacece76
    keenacece76 Posts: 2 Member
    We had a cook out at work yesterday so considered that as my cheat day. Still ate light for dinner and was happy to wake still 1# down from last Saturday. This is week 2 of our 8 week challenge so going to get in more cardio and stay under my calorie count this week. Want to ring in 2017 at least 16# lighter.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2016
    Walked dog, bagged a mountain of leaves and did HIIT class. Will enjoy potluck without guilt tonight ;)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    35k bike and an hour in thw pool with the kids. I
    ..am....tuckered
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,933 Member
    edited November 2016
    Long weekend and my final SUP race weekend for the year. It was glorious! Distressed Mullet, our paddling magazine, covered the race! Here's the article: http://distressedmullet.com/2016/11/13/englewood-paddlefest-results-photos-recap-day-1/

Friday was a shrimp boil, pre-race fun night. Awesome food, awesome friends. :tongue:

Saturday was perfect weather, so we had minor chop and relatively light wind. It was a fast race. Placed third in my division (women, 50+, 3 mile, SUP Surf Board). But was very happy since it was my best time / mile for all my races this year. Next year, I'm moving up to SUP 12'6" race board division for the short races (3-4 miles). Will look at moving up to elite/long races for the year after.

Today was a great day with Beach games and then a Pilgrim Paddle to have Thanksgiving dinner on the sandbar/beach. It was a wonderful weekend. :smiley:

Super tired, and a bit sunburnt (even though I applied sunscreen). :relaxed:
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Shortcut to Size, week 3: Chest, Triceps, Calves
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    P90X Day 22: X Stretch and a 3-mile jog...DONE! Now off to enjoy a cheat night and a very special dinner. For the second month in a row my team at work won our monthly sales contest so we get an amazing dinner. Beef Wellington here I come!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hot Barre done. For the life of me, I am perplexed that I burn so many calories in a class where I am shoeless. Have a great day everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Upper"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    P90X Core Synergystics. Cold is finally on the way out!
  • BettyM1017
    P90X Day 23: Kenpo X (aka Les Mills Combat 60 Live Ultimate Warrior Workout
  • BettyM1017
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    P90X Core Synergystics. Cold is finally on the way out!

@tojo_73 That was supposed to be my workout today but I flip flopped today and tomorrow's workouts because Wednesday is my long run day. How was it?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    What a busy bunch!!!! Hello everyone!!! Well, as of Nov 11, I'm 53yrs old!!! Always a double celebration because I'm an ARMY Veteran. I'm getting closer to my senior citizen discounts!! Woohoo!!

I'm still eating mostly Keto. I've gotten used to it! At least not suffering from the leg cramps, low energy, etc. Doing my own lifting program. Cardio is almost non existent but I'd rather lift. Had every intention to workout today but work and personal life got in the way. Back at it tomorrow!

Good night!!!

Awesome! Welcome aboard!