Kicking butt&taking names thread->What are you scare of? Whatcha gonna do about"mess"in your life?

OMADing1
OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
Ya know, I'm really growing tired of "fear" and "mess" ruling and reigning and controlling the lives of so many of us, so many people, all day, all night, all the time. We all have issues of one sort or another, but this fear, it's so diabolical and is such a cowardly and lying "spirit", kinda like the Wizard behind the curtain in the old wizard of Oz movie. Fear is causing many us to quiver, shake in our boots or stand still in frozen in apathy or complacency or WORSE, causing to to "turn tail and run, right back to the "fear-filled lying mess" that got us in the overweight, obese or even morbidly obese place we've come from and/or or really believing to permanently get out of.

Let's talk about FEAR and how we're either kicking it's butt and taking names of others of it's ilk (like laziness, procrastination, self pity/self-destructive mind-sets, addictions and all kinds of other mess that's keeping us from our goals of getting slimmer and healthier--(mentally and physically).

Nobody's a doctor on here, I know I'm not--but sometimes talking about things that are hindering us from accomplishing our goals can be just the ticket to help us either continue on our quest of OMAD with power OR can help us see how deceived we are/have been and do something about it and restart this OMAD journey once more--FOR REAL this time o:)

Let's talk about how we've overcome certain fears and how much of a lie those fears were, as we're defeating them daily and accomplishing our OMAD goals (those of y'all maintaining, PLEASE CHIME IN too, okay?!?) and also let's expose how much of a fool we've made out of by listening to and believing the fear that has kept us distracted and defeat it, as we dared to take fear and other issues causing us to stumble on our journey and how we may overcome fear and mess daily, and thus producing results of becoming more and more slimmer and healthier too--shall we? YES!

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Today I am pretty sure we have to go out and buy some groceries. This is for most people just a task that no one thinks about.... and for me too sometimes.

But other times (like today) I just dont want to leave my house or go anywhere ( It's psychological fear based on other people).... I guess its left overs from my breakdown.

But I have already talked this over with myself this morning and I am going out today if I like it or not.

I feel better when I go outside, and makes me a little stronger each time I do. I also realize that when I do go outside no one is judging me and that its not the end of the world.

That was hard to spill that out, but I did!! I dont like to dwell on negative things, I like to be posative and happy!! But it did feel good to get it out though!!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    That is a big step forward, Kitty! Great job facing that fear. Most people are too busy worrying about themselves in public that they aren't judging. A few people do, but you don't have to let them impact your inner peace because their opinion is their opinion and not yours. You don't have to own it.

My fear is that I'm going to do this OMAD way of eating and not lose weight after all the effort.

This is based on a previous experience of plateauing on low calories and lowering my maintenance TDEE by 300 calories a day as a result . I've since then mended the metabolism and am scared to lower it again. I'm stepping out and starting today "officially" on OMAD as I saw videos and read articles that this will not affect metabolism to a great degree.
  • OMADing1
    Today I am pretty sure we have to go out and buy some groceries. This is for most people just a task that no one thinks about.... and for me too sometimes.

But other times (like today) I just dont want to leave my house or go anywhere ( It's psychological fear based on other people).... I guess its left overs from my breakdown.

But I have already talked this over with myself this morning and I am going out today if I like it or not.

I feel better when I go outside, and makes me a little stronger each time I do. I also realize that when I do go outside no one is judging me and that its not the end of the world.

That was hard to spill that out, but I did!! I dont like to dwell on negative things, I like to be posative and happy!! But it did feel good to get it out though!!

Ya know, the more I hear from you...the more I just am so blessed and appreciate you so much. What you've just done/shared here is nothing less than shero type of action. What a power-filled and courageous lady you are....such a tremendous example to me and everyone here.

Ugh, it's amazing how we "allow(ed)" and "give(n) place" to fears such as you'vewe've experienced. If/as you, me and everyone of us continue to say NO, to y/our fears and take the HUGE step to expose them and then give that stankin fear the ole one two by doing the opposite it's "commanding" us to obey/do (like going to the store any ole way) BOOOM! Here comes freedom and slowly but surely, you'll start doing more and more and laughing (like I'm doing now in the face of my fear) about going out and walking, and living a whole new and totally normal but wonderful new life, really. I know this for a fact, because OMAD lifestyle has helped me overcome similar fears/dreads that you're experiencing/have experienced.

o:) Kitty o:) ...you're an amazing and wonderful woman and I'm sooooo VERY glad you're here and thank you ever so much for posting!!!!
    {{{{{{ <3HUGS <3 }}}}}}
  • OMADing1
    DebSozo wrote: »
    That is a big step forward, Kitty! Great job facing that fear. Most people are too busy worrying about themselves in public that they aren't judging. A few people do, but you don't have to let them impact your inner peace because their opinion is their opinion and not yours. You don't have to own it.

My fear is that I'm going to do this OMAD way of eating and not lose weight after all the effort.

This is based on a previous experience of plateauing on low calories and lowering my maintenance TDEE by 300 calories a day as a result . I've since then mended the metabolism and am scared to lower it again. I'm stepping out and starting today "officially" on OMAD as I saw videos and read articles that this will not affect metabolism to a great degree.

Deb, THANK YOU so much for posting here, you're a tough and wonderful person, and I'm sooooo GLAD you're here. Honey, let me tell ya, I was the QUEEN of slow metabolism, period. I know results are all individual, but let me tell you. The fear you have is a liar, period. Because what OMAD did for me is boost my metabolism so high, it's like I was 40 or more years younger. Fasting/OMAD does something to one's system, just do the program and you'll see and will be laughing right in the face of your fear, as you see your metabolism boost tremendously, your energy sky-rocket, your vim-vigor for life increase tremendously. Talk is cheap, but results don't lie. As you do the program, kick fear and dread in the butt by no longer listening to it nor obeying it and you'll SEE for yourself how your metabolism boosts, and it's not going to take that long either...doing OMAD faithfully--I promise!!!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    OMADing1 wrote: »

...Honey, let me tell ya, I was the QUEEN of slow metabolism, period. I know results are all individual, but let me tell you. The fear you have is a liar, period. Because what OMAD did for me is boost my metabolism so high, it's like I was 40 or more years younger. Fasting/OMAD does something to one's system, just do the program and you'll see and will be laughing right in the face of your fear, as you see your metabolism boost tremendously, your energy sky-rocket, your vim-vigor for life increase tremendously. Talk is cheap, but results don't lie...

THAT will be a dream come true!

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 wrote: »

...Honey, let me tell ya, I was the QUEEN of slow metabolism, period. I know results are all individual, but let me tell you. The fear you have is a liar, period. Because what OMAD did for me is boost my metabolism so high, it's like I was 40 or more years younger. Fasting/OMAD does something to one's system, just do the program and you'll see and will be laughing right in the face of your fear, as you see your metabolism boost tremendously, your energy sky-rocket, your vim-vigor for life increase tremendously. Talk is cheap, but results don't lie...

THAT will be a dream come true!

Again, as you work the OMAD lifestyle...this dream and more will come true, I promise!
  • OMADing1
    Here's some things (I call "Joe-isms) I tell myself to help me give the "ole one two" to temptation, hunger and the dreaded thoughts of "backsliding":

1.) Snacking makes you fat.
    2.) You can have it, just not now.
    3.) Just eat and be done with it.
    4.) He who has dynamite within him, best stay away from sparkles.