Fat Loss and Muscle Gain?

Ok Ive been trying to loss fat while not also lossing any muscle mass. I've come down from 189lb to 180 and seem to be stuck at 180. But here's the kicker. My waist has gone from 43" to 40". The waist caliper measurement has gone from 22mm to 19". I have taken up 2 notches on my weithg and pants belts. My chest 44' to 43". Shoulders 19 to 21.5. Hips 37.5 to 36.5. Quads 24.5 to 24. So if I am reading this righ I am mostly lossing fat and mainting muscle?

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Looks like your gaining muscle. Seems like alot of movement in the numbers to be just "maintaining" muscle.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    You could be experiencing some newbie or returners gains or if you're measuring post workout it could just be "pump" but I wouldn't concern myself too much with it for now. Keep lifting. Keep eating at a deficit and get your bodyfat lower.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sounds like you are losing fat. Great job so far!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Sounds right to me... Are you strength training?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit?

If so, you've probably lost both fat and LBM (lean body mass, including some muscle) unless you've been lifting heavy wts to counteract the potential LBM loss.

The only way to know for sure is to do a pre and post DXA scan (or hydrostatic weighing) to meaure your BF and LBM.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit?

If so, you've probably lost both fat and LBM (lean body mass, including some muscle) unless you've been lifting heavy wts to counteract the potential LBM loss.

The only way to know for sure is to do a pre and post DXA scan (or hydrostatic weighing) to meaure your BF and LBM.

Yes I am eating at a deficit and I lift heavy 5 times a week 1 body part a day