TEAM SIX

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,790 Member
    I finished the stretching exercises! Nice job everyone for getting the mini challenges complete.

Lets see if we can have 100% participation this week.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Done the 'Pilgrims Promenade' with Bruno (I don't usually do dog walk during the week so this was not my normal routine) - was rather muddy but not cold. Stretching still to do.

I have to say that I join many of you when I say I am really thankful for my family, my husband, kids and grandkids - thankful that we are lucky to have good health as there are many less fortunate than us. Just to hear children's laughter just makes any worries or cares fade away.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,937 Member
    I also completed the Pilgrim's Promenade for the turkey trot challenge. It was invigorating walking outside with such cool temps, but I was bundled up appropriately. Ohio doesn't get quite as low as Alaska. :wink:

Challenge 3:

I am so thankful for the life that God has given me. My family, my in-laws, and my friends make my life so full. :smile: I am grateful for my husband and his awesome job that allows me to stay home and raise and teach our daughter. I am thankful to have supported my husband through his time in the Army and that now he will spend every holiday, birthday, and weekend at home with us. I am thankful for our men and women that continue to serve our country. I am even thankful for the bit of drama that is currently going on in my family (my in-laws to be exact) right now, because I know that at the end of it all, we will come together as a family and love each other through it. And lastly, I am thankful for MFP and all the wonderful people I have met through it! You all inspire me to live better and make healthier choices daily. <3:smiley:

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

~ Vicki
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    I am also thankful for so many things. I am thankful for my Lord and Savior. I am thankful for the men and women who have given their lives to make sure I live in a country that I am free and can worship as I please. Thankful for this beautiful world that I can explore and enjoy. For my family, especially my parents. For the opportunity to work and serve others. For a home and abundant food, clean water, wonderful friends and life itself.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Rockette stretches done over the last three days (wouldn't want to do all in one day!) and I can't say that I looked too elegant ha ha.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    I'll be finishing the Rockette stretches tomorrow, Hope you all have a fab weekend X
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Hey team i must apologize to you for my lack of exercises this week and not getting all of the challenges done. I got the lazy bone and have had a hell of a time kicking it out of my system. The constant rain doesn't help any either ... UUGGGGH !! I will do my best to get back on track today and stick with it from here on out.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    I had an awesome Thanksgiving full of family and great food! I think it's time to stop playing around and get back to watching what I eat :smile:
    I had a beautiful run down Yellowfork canyon with my friends to compete the Turkey Trot challenge. The only problem is that my fracture in my tibia is coming back to haunt me. 7 months of not being able to run like I want to is hard. I'm going to contact my physical therapist and find out what my next step needs to be.
    Good luck to everyone on finishing the challenges! @MonicaA2013 I know how you feel. It's hard to get going after a holiday and rain doesn't help anything!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    I did a 5k Turkey Trot for the LA March of Dimes on Thanksgiving.

I'll be finishing the Rockette tomorrow (I'm actually enjoying them....although I'm sure it would not be enjoyable for anybody to see me doing them!!)

For the Thankful Challenge:
    This was very hard for me. It's been a rough year. With that being said like most of you I am extremely thankful for the freedoms I have due to the unselfish and brave men & women who fight for us both on home soil and away. I am thankful for my health and my parents and grandparents health, also family and friends who are there daily, sometimes hourly! I am thankful for all of MFP family as well, they truly made my journey an enjoyable one.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving or week if you do not celebrate it.

• MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    After looking at my week i guess i haven't really done all that bad.
    I did manage to complete the 1st challenge after all today. SO glad i was able to get out and run. Barely beat the rain !
    As for the dancing/stretching not so good on that one :'( I looked into it but just never got enough gumption to get up and do it . I will work harder next week i promise.
    I even failed on my Aftershock workout this week. Will need to do that next week and start the next level a week later than planed.
    After all the lazy and over eating I did this last week i am only up about 1.5 LBS, so all in all not bad. AND i know most of that is the sodium and alcohol. LOTS of water has already begun to fix that..LOL
    I will work on getting a bit more exercise tomorrow to help us out too.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,070 Member
    Hi Team!
    You perhaps wondered what became of me - I am still battling some virus, and not able to do much working out, so I asked to step down so that I wouldn't drag our team down. But I am still lurking around and cheering you on.

Go Team Six! >:)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Maalea wrote: »
    Hi Team!
    You perhaps wondered what became of me - I am still battling some virus, and not able to do much working out, so I asked to step down so that I wouldn't drag our team down. But I am still lurking around and cheering you on.

Go Team Six! >:)

Hope you feel better soon! Starting Tuesday, I'm staying at my daughter's during the week. I'm going to see how it goes so I might have to do the same, :(
  • TrkyVic0327
    I hope you feel better soon, @Maalea !

• TrkyVic0327
    @GrandmaJackie , I hope you stay on the team. It's okay if you don't have big numbers every week. We're not in the running to win, so it really shouldn't make a difference anyhow. Just trying to stay active as it gets colder out and this challenge helps keep me movin' and a groovin'. :smile:

Hope everyone had a great week!

~Vicki
  • lewiann
    lewiann Posts: 4 Member
    I am thankful for family and friends. I'm thankful for people who motivate me to be the best I can be. I'm thankful for each new day. Life is a gift
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who made this beautiful world for all of us to enjoy! I'm so thankful for family to share my life with. I'm extremely thankful this year that my husband and myself were able to enjoy two Thanksgiving holidays this year. We got to celebrate with our son Spencer and his family and my daughter Shauna and her family in Utah, then get on a plane and celebrate with Katie, Jessie and Abbie and their families in Washington the next day. I'm thankful for planes, ha!ha! Life couldn't be better
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Off to Peru! The dressed up guinea pigs crack me up. It's like the funny cat pictures you see online but its real life!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    THE NEW DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    THE SPREADSHEET WILL FOLLOW SOON!
    HAPPY RACING EVERYONE!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    WEEK 7 SPREADSHEET IS UP!
  • GrandmaJackie
    I keep losing the spreadsheet so this is for easy access, :) It looks like In the theft couple of days I'lm going to hit the stair master, :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRqt4GvOnfbAztyZcNaolQQoCAX5SRCZHabOfAKUZec/edit#gid=1025773285