Warning: topic about, ahem, bodily "digestion" (the exit side of things)

AmeliaOMAD
AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
Hey y'all,

Got a bit of a gross question (well I don't think it's gross per say, it's normal, but some people don't like to talk about it).
Been on OMAD for 5 days, and waiting on the final process of digestion, the exit of the food :wink: .
Hasn't happened since Sunday, it's now Friday.
I don't feel uncomfortable, I just notice that it hasn't happened.
For the record, I've been taking epsom salts(magnesium) hoping for some action, but nada. Don't want to rely on laxatives (got some in the cupboard).
Also, my meals consist of about 80 percent vegetables(in volume on the plate), with plenty of good fats as well.
Did anyone else's system get bit shocked at first, and halt the normal processing?

Appreciation to all, and my apologies to the squeamish:)

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have constipation also. Only a couple marble sized this a.m. I plan to add spinach and dark green leafy veggies. This has happened in the past with a diet change. I think it is gut flora needing to catch up with extra fiber?

Also I plan to take some magnesium. It is harmless and will sometimes soften the stool. Although I see you are already doing this. Maybe it is an adjustment phase.
  • DebSozo
    Maybe Epsom salts are too harsh? Have you tried a normal plain magnesium supplement?
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Could be, Deb. Ill check the stores tomorrow...
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Itms nice to know we aren't alone! Btw, count that into your weight, it could be you lost the pond but you've still got the weeks food to say goodbye to, and it's adding weight
  • AmeliaOMAD
    pound, that it is. BTW, epsom salts are a good old fashion remedy if you're desperate. cleans you out in a disturbingly efficient manner (though I'm used to them, so my body doesn't react so much, I take a small amount every day for magnesium, but like a quarter of a teaspoon). If you want a flush, take about 2-4 teaspoons. Tastes foul, but works
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    My WORD--WOW :# !!! I how soon we forget the trials and tribulations when living OMAD. When I first got started, and fully into the swing of OMAD (about 2-3 weeks totally in). I so remember going thru what you are now experiencing. I can count on one hand the times I've ever been constipated n my long life and constipated I was, to the MAX and I was really scared about it too--if felt unnatural and blech. I'm so used to being regular all my life and OMAD is my first experiencing fasting. I went to the health food store and purchased a tea called "Smooth Move" by Traditional Medicines and again, MY WORD :o ...that stuff works like crazy, you take it before bedtime and the next day, all day BLAM :s and was actually scary as all get out for me the next day. My stomach was cramping and I'm surprised my tonsils, eyebrows ears and didn't come out with all of the "movement" I had. ALL DAY LONG the next day. I mean it cleaned me out like "it was nobody's business" :p and though this is nobody's business, I'm posting because it was kinda scary for me to be constipated. I wanted to let you know it's normal and happened to me too--big time. After a couple of days when it was over and I was regular again, I said to myself, "I'm going to do this Smooth Move Tea once a month". But NAH... I didn't do it, because the results were so dramatic and effective, I don't want to venture there again. Plus, after that, no more issues.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Smooth Move Tea, 16 Tea Bags
    https://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Smooth-Move/dp/B0009F3PJE

Again, I never drank another cup of this stuff--it works and almost too well! Soim_sorry_card_cute_puppy_eyes_sorry_postcard-r8a4f2b6cce2d4619a46448dfe7b0784c_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg IF this is...
    tmi-critter-300x205.jpg

• AmeliaOMAD
    Ha! That's fantastic OMADing1 :) It's like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer "missed his chance" and wasn't himself for a week, he finally used "the apparatus" and was a new man. That's good to know we ain't the only crampy campers
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You are doing fine. You'd feel uncomfortable if there was trouble. Add in black beans and march fiberous stuff if you get worried. I averaged on straight-up OMAD loss between once every three days and once a day, varyingly. For a while, just make some toilet time so that you won't worry.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    jicrgb67nwyo.jpg
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    I bought some oat fiber a while ago when i was constipated, it worked great, ive been taking it all this week as im constipated again. I like to add it to my hot drink at breakfast.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Thanks guys, and good one SavedByGrace!!!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    This is one reason to not get discouraged if the weight isn't coming off fast. We could just be backed up and if we stick it out, we will see results.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I've got the same situation going on. I can only go on weekends when I'm eating more.

Oat fibre sounds interesting. I wonder if I can find in Malta.
  • DebSozo
    You are doing fine. You'd feel uncomfortable if there was trouble. Add in black beans and march fiberous stuff if you get worried. I averaged on straight-up OMAD loss between once every three days and once a day, varyingly. For a while, just make some toilet time so that you won't worry.

I had a few ounces of canned black beans (drained and rinsed) with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Then I poured on lots of Italian seasonings, cooked up some kale and sprinkled with the vinegar, and steamed up some spaghetti squash. This morning I was no longer constipated!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Bran