Beer question

Which beer do you think gives you the most bang for your buck i.e. low calorie, tastes great, etc? My go-to is corona light - it's only ~100 calories, is delicious, and goes great with lime (vitamin C!) Also I don't feel too bloated/full even after knocking back a few of them. What are some other good options?

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I like Pure Blonde - though I don't know if that's widely available outside Australia.
    They market it as low carb but I don't care about that - I like it because it tastes good to me and and it has relatively lower calories that other beers.
    My husband claims it's terrible beer but I don't care about that either, he can have his Heineken or Becks and I'll stick with my Blondies.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Bud Light Platinum - 137 calories but 6% alcohol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2016
    Soul Style Green Flash Brewery is 195 calories for 12 ozs. and get a nice little buzz(6.8 ABV) Or you can drink your watered down bleh at 4.1ABV at 98 calories. Craft beer FTW!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Coors Light.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I go the opposite way. I have yet to find any beer with the word "light" or "lite" in it that is worth the calories I have to spend to drink one.

Give me one or two West 6th IPAs (188 cal) or Stone IPAs (200 cal), and I'll drink water the rest of the night and I'll be happy!

This is me too. If I'm going to have a beer, I'll just plan the calories for a delicious higher-calorie beer because that is my preference. Whenever I drink a light beer, I just feel ripped off.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Bass Ale - on tap, of course
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Bud Light Platinum - 137 calories but 6% alcohol

This
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Water
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I'd honestly rather drink a beer a bit higher in calories that I really enjoy. I will save up calories for a couple of really good beers on the weekend. Most of the ones I really like at the moment are under 200 calories. I can have a couple of them and still easily be at or below maintenance.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I am no beer connoisseur, but I like hoppy beers and most IPAs/similar styles are relatively high in calories (like 300+ for 20 oz), so I generally just have one (or get a glass/sleeve instead of a pint). I usually prefer to just have one pint of something great over downing three insipid ones.

In the summer at parties I will sometimes bring Canadian 67 or Michelob Ultra or Corona Light or whatever if I know I'm going to be drinking several, but IMO all "light" beers taste pretty much the same - enjoyable and refreshing if super cold on a hot day but not really worth it on a regular basis.
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    I'm a Coors Light gal. 102 calories.
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    I'd honestly rather drink a beer a bit higher in calories that I really enjoy. I will save up calories for a couple of really good beers on the weekend. Most of the ones I really like at the moment are under 200 calories. I can have a couple of them and still easily be at or below maintenance.

My goal is to be at least 500 calories below maintenance every day and also get close to my macro goal. I allow myself ~180 grams carbs/day. If I'm going to drink, I'll have at least 2 or 3 beers (I don't see much of a point in only drinking 1 beer) and the beers that I love all have around 20 grams carbs/200 calories per serving. I find it very difficult to get close to my macro goals and 500 calories below maintenance if I'm drinking these types of beers (although I agree they are more delicious).

Maybe once I am at my goal weight, I'd switch back over to regular beer (can't wait for this day!). In the meantime, corona light with lime is a pretty good middle ground for me (better than avoiding alcohol altogether).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    When it comes to beer, I'm a snob...there's not a 100 calorie beer or "lite" beer in the world that's going to do it for me. I'd rather just have a couple of high quality craft beers and let the chips fall where they may.

Hallelujah! I picked this little beauty up last night. It's my beer advent calendar. Twenty-four craft beers selected just for me, and not a 'lite' one among them.

ib959j23aza5.jpg

Wow -- what a neat idea! I've seen those for whiskey, didn't know they made them for beer too.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    When it comes to beer, I'm a snob...there's not a 100 calorie beer or "lite" beer in the world that's going to do it for me. I'd rather just have a couple of high quality craft beers and let the chips fall where they may.

Hallelujah! I picked this little beauty up last night. It's my beer advent calendar. Twenty-four craft beers selected just for me, and not a 'lite' one among them.

ib959j23aza5.jpg

53196596.jpg
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    The majority of craft beers I've tried have tasted like ear wax. I'll take a Lone Star or Coors Banquet.
    I recently tried Coors Light, and I don't hate it. I always avoided it because when I was bartending, some people would order a Coors Light with a glass of ice and a straw. Which is, just, no.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Come butler, come fill us a bowl of the best
    Then we hope that your soul in heaven may rest
    But if you do draw us a bowl of the small
    Then down shall go butler, bowl and all.