How to Exercise During a Two-Day Car Trip?!

I leave for FL in less than 30 days!!! But I'm traveling by car, are there any quick and easy exercise I could do during a re-fuel or a stop for lunch? The first day will be the trip from NJ to SC/NC and the 2nd day will be from SC/NC to FL.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'd probably focus more on stretching so my muscles didn't get sore and tight...
  • CaeTroi
    CaeTroi Posts: 27 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'd probably focus more on stretching so my muscles didn't get sore and tight...

Thanks! I made the trip last year solo and stopped in GA....Note to self: GA is not a half-way point from NJ to FL. I'm also worried about snacking while driving, especially during such a long trip with minimal movement...If only there was a self-driving car so I could stretch, nap, and do yoga of some sort ;)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    It's two days, just make sure to stretch at every opportunity and don't bring snacks into the car unless you are buying a single serve and logging it before eating. Done.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Get up an hour earlier and do some kind of workout before each trip, then be on your way...?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Go for a short (5 minute) walk. Not really exercise, but I find it clears my head a bit and stretches my muscles enough. When I drive, I'm with 2 dogs who always need a bit of time out of the car every 2-3 hours.
  • CaeTroi
    @Dano74 as long as we're not leaving at 4am, I could definitely do that! Thanks for the idea!
    @grmckenzie another great idea! Thanks for that! I'll be following my boss who is hauling her 2 or 3 horses (she doesn't know who she's bringing down yet). Unfortunately we don't take our horses out for walks during breaks haha
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    2 days. Don't bother. Just what everyone else said make sure to stretch, Maybe take short walks whenever you pull over. Focus on keeping your body happy and limber through the 2 days
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I love hotel gyms for some reason. Probably because they have different equipment. Anyway, I'd probably try to fit in 30 minutes to check out whatever the hotel (if it has anything.)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Cut a hole in the bottom of the car and make like Fred Flintstone. Saves fuel, too.

lold
  • CaeTroi
    @jemhh Thanks for that! I've never traveled down with my boss before, so totally didn't even think about the fact that it's a 2 day haul which means we'd spend the night somewhere...I'm such a linear thinker sometimes

@CattOfTheGarage it's already a Prius, so don't think I'd save much more fuel anyways ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Squats and lunges. Grab something heavy to hold in your hands and add an overhead press.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Is there a reason why you can't just skip the workouts for two days?
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    It's good to get the blood pumping on those long rides! I have a 10-12 hour one coming up, solo driver (w/kid + dog).

My kid and I do jumping jacks- mostly it's for her to expend energy but good for me to perk up. Bonus fun looks from random people at the rest stops. Mostly smiles!!
  • CaeTroi
    @NewGemini130 thanks for the tip! From the sounds of it I'll be solo in my boss' prius while she drives her rig. Good luck with the dog and kids!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Why not just relax and enjoy your trip?