Lunch ideas with no microwave needed?

Just looking for cheap and filling options for work lunches I can bring that doesnt require a microwave to heat up. I don't eat fish or pork or mayo as a side note, and all I have been eating lately is peanut butter and banana sandwiches on whole wheat and some fruit on the side but not really filling me up.

Replies

• tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    I LOVE cold pizza!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Do you eat turkey/ham? If so, a turkey or ham sandwich (or wrap) with cheese and mustard might be an option...you can add veggies, too.

A salad with your favorite toppings and a meat, maybe?
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Pre cooked chicken breast. Salad. Half an avocado.

Or left over roast veggies and meat are quite nice cold the next day.

If you want to stick with sandwiches, make a salad sandwich with meat (ham, chicken, beef).

Someone mentioned mustard as a dressing if you need one. Or a balsamic dressing. Or pickles or chutney (high in sugar).

Hard boiled egg is alway a good addition to lunch to fill you with a bit of protein.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    I love my wraps! You can really put anything in them. I always include protein, and lots of veggies!
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    I like cold pasta/quinoa/other grain salads with lots of vegetables and simply tossed with olive oil and lemon. Feels like summer!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Salad. Boom. Put anything you'd want in a sandwich on a huge bed of veggies instead.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Cold pasta.