Yoga and braless: Yes or No?

I know there's different types of yoga (piyo, hit etc). However if it was the generic vinyasa yoga, would you go braless?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    WTH? Do what suits you best!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Most yoga tops have a "shelf bra" or some kind of support. I'd say for the average to small busted woman, it's probably OK.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    thats totally a personal decision. i would never go braless,. and i wouldn't care if anyone around me was braless. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
  • PuppetPrincess
    PuppetPrincess Posts: 22 Member
    Self practice at home? Yeah all the time. To a class? Uh no. Pretty much none of the outfits I wear for yoga would really stay put during down dog. I would be too distracted thinking about accidentally flashing a classmate to really enjoy my practice. I usually wear a very soft sports bra so it is not constricting but no one else has to see all my bits if my clothing shifts.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I would not but you do you.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    I go bare boobs all the time.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    I'm a little too. . . er . . . bouncy for braless. But whatever floats your boat.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Depends on what size you are--for me, completely braless seems a little... floppy... (I wear a 32F and do vinyasa yoga). I don't wear one of my super-smasher running bras for yoga, but I wear a bralette (with a tank over it) or tank with a built-in shelf bra. I've yet to have a wardrobe malfunction.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I don't even go braless at home, let a lone out in public and 100% definitely not to the gym!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I'm a 32B and I NEVER go braless unless im sleeping or wearing a large sweatshirt at home with my husband lol. I dont like the look of nipples, and prefer not to see others... sorry if thats rude, but I think its showing too much.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    :D
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I know there's different types of yoga (piyo, hit etc). However if it was the generic vinyasa yoga, would you go braless?

Would I? No, I wouldn't go braless.
    Do what you are comfortable with though.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I'm shirtless, who cares?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I won't do any more than get the mail braless, but I have a trainwreck situation going on. If I could pull it off, I'd be all about it.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Let em free!!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    I can and do, if I am not wearing a cut out yoga top. My sister always tells me I need nipple guards. She says I should ignore her because she's jealous - she can only go bare in a well fitted sports cum workout bra tops. Lol

ETA: If you'd like to, go for it!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I don't have any good sports bras so I always work out braless, but I also have small breasts so it doesn't matter much for me lol

Just be careful you don't poke anyone's eye out :lol:
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    If you are small wearing a bra is a matter of modesty. You know not flashing the class when you bend over. If you are larger a bra with good compression makes twisting into complicated yoga poses a whole lot easier. As someone who has done yoga at a variety of bodyweights I can tell you that stopping halfway into a pose to move boobs or any other fat floppy bits out of the way is a PITA.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm a 32B and I NEVER go braless unless im sleeping or wearing a large sweatshirt at home with my husband lol. I dont like the look of nipples, and prefer not to see others... sorry if thats rude, but I think its showing too much.

You don't like nipples? :open_mouth:

That's like not liking elbows, we all (maybe some exceptions) have them, what's not to like ?

Also nipples is not any ruder than chin ...don't worry