TEAM SIX

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    Nice job everyone getting the challenge accomplished, :)
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Hi guys! I'm here its just been a crazy busy week. I'm exercising and working on challenges. I have the stairs challenge completed. Will finish the vids hopefully tomorrow and I'm good on my calories.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Videos done - loved them, great fun. Another 310 steps so nearly there, only 411 left !
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,938 Member
    Hey Team Six! Sorry I've been so quiet this week. I took a break from being on my phone so much, and that's how I mainly get on MFP. It was a fun week taking a break from electronics and doing more with my family. I was able to accomplish the challenges. I had a lot of fun doing the videos with my munchkin who liked to add her own moves. :wink: The stairs really kicked my butt, but my family is actually starting to notice the changes in my body and are vocalizing it to me, so that is a great feeling! :blush: I think I may make a weekly stairs goal from now on, because I really have enjoyed those challenges a lot! Getting in steps is nice, but climbing stairs really works the booty! :wink: Hope y'all are having a great Sunday!

~Vicki
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Sorry guys I didn't get the videos done this week. I have been a bit off on everything for the last month or so. I will try to get everything next week.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Week 8 destination is posted. The spreadsheet will be available about 6am Pacific time.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    The Spreadsheet is up and running!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited December 2016
    Wowee last week already? This has been my favorite challenges!! Hope to do another race!
  • Rigibann
    Please can I clarify with the Challenge 2 option - when choosing a previous challenge, if the week had two bits do we need to do both or can this be just one - for example, Transylvania's two parts were a climbing and a twisting challenge - would we need to do both?
  • TrkyVic0327
    Challenge 3

8 lifestyle choices to continue and 1 new one to try:

1. Drinking half my weight in ounces of water
    2. Eating the rainbow in fruits and veggies each week
    3. No late night snacking
    4. The RAJIO TAISO routine each morning
    5. Squats that I have added to my weekly legs routine
    6. Walking outside versus the treadmill
    7. Staying within my calorie goal intake
    8. Logging my activity and food every single day into the MFP app
    One new one to try:
    9. Different country's dances
    I love all the different cultures' dances that we have done over the course of this challenge, and it makes me really wnat to try more! Even if I fall flat on my face, I'd still love to try. One in particular is the Chinese morning exercise in this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU_WiBZDxng

@MissionEnforcer

• TrkyVic0327
    Challenge 2:
    I think I'm going to pick one of the stair ones since those were my favorite, and I want to continue them kicking my behind, literately! :wink: I suppose I should go big or go home and pick the one with more steps, although Transylvania was probably one of my favorite challenge weeks! So "Climb the Inca trail" with 889 steps up and 889 steps down it is!
    Today, I got in 140/1778. I'll "step it up" the rest of the week! :wink: :smiley:
    Kind of sad that this is the last week, but excited as well! We've all worked so hard to get to this finish line! I am so proud of all of us, Team 6! We may not be winning in points, but we can finish as strong as we're able, and that's something to be proud of! <3 Y'all are awesome! Can't wait for the next challenge, whenever that may be! :smile:
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Please can I clarify with the Challenge 2 option - when choosing a previous challenge, if the week had two bits do we need to do both or can this be just one - for example, Transylvania's two parts were a climbing and a twisting challenge - would we need to do both?
    In the Q&A thread this answer was given by hawkins410:
    You don't have to do BOTH challenges from a country, just ONE of the challenges. So if you'd like to do the stairs from either Transylvania or Peru, go ahead.
  • shauna30
    8 lifestyle choices to continue
    1 Counting calories really counts!
    2 Keep drinking water. It fills me up and keeps my mind clear.
    3 Communication within a team is key
    4 Being active every day is important
    5 New dance videos are fun and I should keep dancing with the Peruvian guy!
    6 Eating a variety of colors is fun and keeps things fresh.
    7 I knew exercising outside was important but I really noticed how much after our outside challenges.
    8 Learning about new locations is invigorating to the mind. I'm going to continue with this.
    One new one to try
    Staying active when I can't run. This week I've been feeling awful about exercise. I found out my knee injury is going to require surgery and so I haven't wanted to exercise at all. I'm going to have to get out of this silly mindset and find other ways to exercise.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    1. log my food choices every day.
    2. make the healthy choice to have a healthier body (blood pressure, heart, immune system)
    3. cook as many meals as possible at home to know what I am eating
    4. exercise everyday!
    5. push myself beyond what I think my limits are.
    6. get a good night's sleep
    7. remember to drink plenty of water
    8. don't let those around me influence what I eat or drink
    One new one to try
    9. Winter is always the hard time of year to stay active. I want to try to enjoy a winter activity. I chose snowshoeing.
  • Rigibann
    1. To keep a positive outlook and not allow self persecution
    2. Keep logging in to mfp even if know I have exceeded my calorie allowance
    3. Aim to exercise every day, even if it is only to reach the Fitbit target of minimum of 250 steps per hour
    4. Continue to drink lots of water including over the weekends
    5. Motivation with friends - this is a two way benefit
    6. Limiting the amount of fast food by pre-planning my meals
    7. Remember to allow myself some 'me' time with proper relaxation
    8. Keep smiling!
    New one to try -
    My husband likes to play golf especially in the warmer months and he is always suggesting I accompany him - maybe I should give this a go.
  • MonicaA2013
    8 LIFESTYLES TO CONTINUE....

1) Continue to monitor my sodium (bad at that)
    2) Keep under calories till maintenance
    3) Continue running
    4) Finish the Aftershock program
    5) Continue to drink ALL my water EVERY DAY
    6) Reach my 10k step goal daily
    7) Remember to always stay positive
    8) Keep the JUNK foods under control

TRY SOMETHING NEW...

MAYBE i will try out some of those dance videos on YouTube and learn some new moves :wink:
  • GrandmaJackie
    8 lifestyle choices to continue:

1. Pre log my food choices every day.
    2. Make the healthy choice when I'm tired.
    3. Just because my husbands snack at night, say no!
    4 Have dinners at home more, to know what I am eating.
    5.Get some sort of exercise early everyday!
    6. Allow something sweet into my menu
    7. Get a good night's sleep
    8. Drink plenty of water even when I'm busy.

One new one to try is to get MORE outside walks in even when it rains.

• shauna30
    I completed challenge #2 todayKAUAI, HAWAII:
    “HIKING THE NA PALI COAST”. It sure didn't feel like Hawaii this morning. 23 degrees (real feel of 13) but I made it 4 miles outside. There's nothing like exercising outside!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2016
    I'm doing the stairs challenge 100 floors of 127 floors (Transylvania's stairs climbing)
  • MonicaA2013
    I think today would be a good day for me to do challenge #2 and start on challenge #1. I have 2 days of mostly indoor weather and i cant think of a better way to spend it atm. SO HERE GOES NOTIN' !!!