Where do your lifts rank?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I'm novice, but nearly intermediate with all of them. Which is pretty awesome for just starting out. I'll get there...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I don't think they actually factor age into their calculations. I looked at the numbers based on my actual age of 52 and compared the results against a 24 year old and got the same thing.

I just did the same. The percentages changed.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't think they actually factor age into their calculations.

If in doubt check Killustrated's strength charts which definitely factor in age in into their standards.

See:
    http://lonkilgore.com/freebies/freebies.html
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »

If in doubt check Killustrated's strength charts which definitely factor in age in into their standards.

See:

That says I'm almost elite on deadlift, firmly in the advanced category for squat, and elite on bench. :shrug:
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Bench advanced (not surprising...former bench monkey)
    OHP intermediate (huh, I'd have to hit 207 to be advanced)
    Squat intermediate
    Deads intermediate

Neither squats or deads are that much of a shock. I never worked legs when younger and it's taking time to build them up.
    However, over the past 3 years of solid lifting I think I've done alright.
    I've gone from/to:
    Squat 165/315 (and I could barely, I mean barely get 165)
    Bench 185/305 (former bench monkey so it came back rather quickly)
    OHP 105/185 (again, upper body was much stronger)
    DL 185/385 (had never, ever done DL before so....)
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member

It's so satisfying to get to that 200lb deadlift. That was my goal for the end of 2016 and I just got it last week. Going from 195 to 200 was a big mental jump for me though. You got this! Good luck with everything!

Aww, thanks! And congrats on yours - that's awesome! Thus far, I have a love/hate relationship with deadlifts - so satisfying when they go well, but so SO frustrating if I'm having an off day. But yeah, cannot wait to pull 200. :D
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I don't think they actually factor age into their calculations. I looked at the numbers based on my actual age of 52 and compared the results against a 24 year old and got the same thing.

I just did the same. The percentages changed.

You're correct. I was only looking at the classification.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Holy crap. I feel so weak, but I've just squeaked into novice. Well, I had. I have something going on now and had to stop lifting and go back to bodyweight stuff with resistance bands because my joints are not happy with me (I have psoriatic arthritis) and I wasn't recovering.

I've been strength training two years and am slow to progress due to frequent deloads thanks to health issues and just general slowness in adapting to stimulus.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited December 2016
    TR0berts wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »

See:

That says I'm almost elite on deadlift, firmly in the advanced category for squat, and elite on bench. :shrug:

Killustrated is more generous in terms of rankings but there's no questions that the categories are clearly differentiated by age in terms of the weight necessary to achieve each level.

PS: I just compared the Strength Levels for my performance vs men aged 24-39 and my ratings drop 1-2 levels to Novice or Intermediate from Advanced, so I found there is a difference in their lifting standards by age; at least for me.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    edited December 2016
    gvesymeq9g6p.png
    8cl70ju6tgdt.png
    qbel11bti5kf.png

Fully in intermediate status. I'll take it for only lifting for two full years. No lifting background prior to that...none in HS or College. Wish I would have taken advantage of those puberty hormones when I had that chance LOL.

Only about 20lbs away from advanced for squat and DL, but still 50 away on bench :disappointed:

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I'm quite pleased

w7wrrzizl9tw.png
    j6twdax8lem3.png
    sv1ote2d4fht.png

My bench sucks in comparison but feckin tendonitis

kv0x2n2px0ys.png
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Holy crap. I feel so weak, but I've just squeaked into novice. Well, I had. I have something going on now and had to stop lifting and go back to bodyweight stuff with resistance bands because my joints are not happy with me (I have psoriatic arthritis) and I wasn't recovering.

I've been strength training two years and am slow to progress due to frequent deloads thanks to health issues and just general slowness in adapting to stimulus.

I deal with PA among some other chit. Let me know if I can help in any way.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I've been lifting on and off for two years and continuously since September. I don't do 1RM, so these are off my 5x5 numbers.

Your Strength Level for Bench is Beginner
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 81.5 lb
    You're stronger than 9% of female lifters in your age group weighing 245 lb

Your Strength Level for Deadlift is Novice
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 185.5 lb
    You're stronger than 21% of female lifters in your age group weighing 245 lb

Your Strength Level for Front Squat is Beginner
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 84.5 lb
    You're stronger than 3% of female lifters in your age group weighing 245 lb

Your Strength Level for Shoulder Press is Beginner
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 66.5 lb
    You're stronger than 17% of female lifters in your age group weighing 245 lb

Your Strength Level for Bent Over Row is Novice
    We estimate that your one-rep max is 79 lb
    You're stronger than 23% of female lifters in your age group weighing 245 lb
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Weight: 143lbs
    Started lifting in May 2016

Squat: 150lbs - 1.05x BW - Novice
    Bench: 80lbs - .56x BW - Novice
    Deadlift: 200lbs - 1.4x BW - Intermediate

...it's a start LOL

Those numbers are nothing to be shy about!! I've seen big guys not deadlift 225. Haha
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    25 year old female powerlifter. Lifting almost a year and a half now and started lifting as a means to lose weight. Kinda just discovered I was pretty strong. I also have a powerlifting father, former world record holder though so no one be discouraged that I'm a newbie and strong lol.

4frz3zcluo4h.png
    6q1vqx3knkqm.png
    s9mysb3k102d.png

Amazing!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    After 2 years of lifting, I am still just a wuss by these standards. Thanks alot @nakedraygun

Right there with ya...granted, I don't really do "heavy"...my lifting is more in support of my cycling and general health than anything.

I'm supposed to run a good 12-15 week heavy cycle starting January and I'm not really looking forward to it...I find them boring.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Weight: 143lbs
    Started lifting in May 2016

Squat: 150lbs - 1.05x BW - Novice
    Bench: 80lbs - .56x BW - Novice
    Deadlift: 200lbs - 1.4x BW - Intermediate

...it's a start LOL

Those numbers are nothing to be shy about!! I've seen big guys not deadlift 225. Haha

Thank you...working on my new goal: 2 plates!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    After 2 years of lifting, I am still just a wuss by these standards. Thanks alot @nakedraygun

Right there with ya...granted, I don't really do "heavy"...my lifting is more in support of my cycling and general health than anything.

I'm supposed to run a good 12-15 week heavy cycle starting January and I'm not really looking forward to it...I find them boring.

At least were pretty.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    after 4 months of lifting at 35 years old I'm just in the intermediate for deadlifts and the upper novice range for bench and squat.

I had a bunch of excuses of why my numbers weren't better all written out here but here it is. I'm improving and getting more and more confident under the bar and plan on jacking these numbers up higher next year.