The Random Announcements Thread (Non-Weightloss-related)

arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
Big storm cells heading our way. Red and dark-red on the map. Promises to be a big night of storms. I love storms!

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Hope all is well, and I agree, storms are super exciting!

Thank so much for adding this thread B)
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Waiting for snow here!
  • OMADing1
    Here's something cool, and I've tried MANY of these tips, they are wonderful and really work!

50 Laundry & Mending Tips – Timeless Wisdom Collection
    http://tipnut.com/laundry-mending-tips/
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Love this sort of stuff - thanks OMADing!
  • OMADing1
    This is one of my favorite spots to save money (printable coupons and promotion codes) on EVERYTHING you can think of.

RetailMeNot was established to aggregate coupon offers[clarification needed] and make them available to consumers. It distributes over 500,000 coupons[citation needed] from over 50,000 stores[citation needed] in retail categories including accessories, automotive, baby products, beauty products, clothing, electronics, furniture, health, home & garden, jewelry, pets, photography, toys and travel.
    https://www.retailmenot.com/

BEFORE you buy anything, be it from a brick and mortar store or online, if you check here first, you'll save a lot of $$$$$$$ <3

Bath stuff:
    Taking baths are a huge stress reliever for me. Stress (when not if I allow it) is a big ole ugly temptation to/for me. One of my favorite things I do to battle stress/fatigue is taking long warm/hot baths. These are some of my favorite ingredients to add to my bath water:

2 cups of baking soda (makes the water incredibly soft and an extra cleansing agent that really does a lot of great stuff. Look it up on the web for more deatails!

The juice of 1 or two or so lemons (this makes the bath water smell intoxicating and is an astringent and does all kinds of other good stuff. Some people say to be careful about using fresh lemon juice too much because it can bleach the skin and/or burn. It's never happened to me though, again read up on it.

Dr. Teal's Epson Salts (my favorites are chamomile, lavender and many others, this stuff is fabulous and works miracles for all kinds of aches and pains.

A fabulous perfumed bubble bath of one sort or the other

burning lovely smelling candles in the bathroom as I soak & listening to peaceful, calming and encouraging things as I soak...just makes it a spa like atmosphere.

The next time you're feeling stressed/overwhelmed or feel that "Calgon take me away" deal--try the stuff I listed above and watch your tensions and woe float away!
  • OMADing1
    Fonar7 wrote: »
    Love this sort of stuff - thanks OMADing!

YAY! I love these kinda of things too. PLEASE add something too, if you are so inclined <3
  • OMADing1
    edited November 2016
    Everyday is Thankgiving to me--every single solitary day to me is "Thanksgiving", period. It's FUN and POWERFUL being thankful for the good times and the bad time (cause I LEARN or and ever striving to learn "something" from bad days and times/my mistakes, so I'm purposely making an unofficial daily personal holiday of thanksgivings and going and getting outta my own way to be thankful to not just for the good, but more importantly, for the bad and the ugly days and times too--everyday! BOOM!

I love it! <3B)<3
    ETA: it-is-not-happy-people.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    about 4-5 inches of snow last night and today. Cold!
  • arguablysamson
    Tons of rain and cold now and for the next several weeks. Everyone is sick and calling off. Yucky.
  • arguablysamson
    I still love the rain, though, and the wind.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    about 4-5 inches of snow last night and today. Cold!

Oh my...I'm in Southern CA and I thought 50 degrees was cold....Brrrrr...
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Tons of rain and cold now and for the next several weeks. Everyone is sick and calling off. Yucky.

I love rain but don't get to see it much.....stay warm and don't get sick!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This year's Winter is expected to be very cold, much moreso than usual. I just bought some bulky, unfashionable hat, gloves and boots online but very, very toasty and cozy. And all waterproof! I'll be staying warm and dry no matter what.

It doesn't make a difference what it looks like as long as you're warm. That's the most important thing.
  • Nymba
    Nymba Posts: 17 Member
    We had snow here yesterday. 6" of the fluffy white cap. Thank goodness we have a tractor come by to clean the driveway. I clean the deck out back and a space on the grass so that my little Yorkie can get out there to do his business. He is so small that the poor little fellow is almost lost in it if I don't keep it a shoveled off.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Eeeeks! Sounds cold.
  • arguablysamson
    We are now (this evening) facing the high temp for the next day (40s) which will get below freezing for a couple of days here in Austin. I soooo get broken in by the cold!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Nymba wrote: »
    We had snow here yesterday. 6" of the fluffy white cap. Thank goodness we have a tractor come by to clean the driveway. I clean the deck out back and a space on the grass so that my little Yorkie can get out there to do his business. He is so small that the poor little fellow is almost lost in it if I don't keep it a shoveled off.

My mom had 2 poodles that had trouble with that. It must be difficult to whiz when snowbound! At least your Yorkie doesn't mind going out in the cold. Can he maneuver stairs by himself?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    We have been having weather that is in the 40s. Then it freezes at night and we got a bit of snow. Thankfully it has been melting during the day when the sun comes out. I'm not looking forward to extended snow and hope we don't get any blizzards this year.
  • Nymba
    Nymba Posts: 17 Member
    When there is a lot of snow on the deck he goes 4 or 5 steps and Whiz. Lol... He knows there is no way he's making down the stairs. I even shovel an area on the grass so that he can do his business. I do try to keep it all cleared though. My exercise.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Nymba wrote: »

You could use puppy pads on your porch or inside your home and that way your baby doesn't have to get out in the cold. I owned several pet stores and the pads were very popular.