The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Hi, I'm 37 although mentally I think I've been stuck at 27 for the last 10yrs. Been on mfp for almost a year now :)
  • bigfroth74
    bigfroth74 Posts: 3 Member
    Age 42 here started Nov 1 down 11 lbs so far.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    I'm on the downside of 35...does that count?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Lots of great "middle agers" here. So, for those of you that exercise - what is your "go to" workout?
  • lowcarbog
    lowcarbog Posts: 42 Member
    Boxing is my go to workout. I have a heavy bag in my basement. Unreal workout and great for stress relief!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    Lots of great "middle agers" here. So, for those of you that exercise - what is your "go to" workout?

I mostly use the elliptical or stationary bike at the gym and try to get out and ride my bicycle when I have the time and the weather cooperates. I need to start adding strength training though.
  • 4bzat43
    4bzat43 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi...42 here, about to be 43 in a couple weeks. I need my 43rd year to be a change...Love to be part of a team.
  • Kari_Bear78
    Kari_Bear78 Posts: 533 Member
    I'm on the downside of 35...does that count?

Love your name!!! Lol
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

@sdereski You know mine! :)
  • your all more than welcome to add me, 30 year old female here :)
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    For me, my go to would be lifting 'progressive overload'; gotta retain the muscle mass, y'know?
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member

cycling - but when weather or time fail me then bodyweight stuff on fitnessblender - or just an hours walk :-)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    A game of hurling or football.
  • bigfroth74
    bigfroth74 Posts: 3 Member

Indoor rowing
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »

@sdereski You know mine! :)

Yes I do! Great job with your training runs!
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Go-to workout was the elliptical, but to much of my disbelief, I am falling in love with the treadmill.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Hey fellow middle-agers :D

42 years young here, love more friends to keep me motivated and accountable feel free to add me :)
  • ferret150
    ferret150 Posts: 75 Member
    35 years old here. I never considered myself middle-aged. But I guess I am. Nice to meet you all. Please add me.