Show us your Christmas Tree!!

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Not sure if this falls into the ban of on Religion but its Merriest month of the year so....

I'll post mine when I put it up Monday if the thread isn't shut down

Funny thing is that Christmas is (to me) a mostly secular holiday. Are there plenty of folks that enjoy Christmas with out the religion? Least as I was raised, never entered a church or taught religious beliefs.

Maybe that's just my take.

We have a tree up. But it's for the cats to bat around. Haha! See? Empty boxes and cat toys.

20161206_193538_zpsli3sqzlx.jpg
    I have taken up with the Catholic bunch. Even have an advent wreath this year. :wink:
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Not sure if this falls into the ban of on Religion but its Merriest month of the year so....

Funny thing is that Christmas is (to me) a mostly secular holiday. Are there plenty of folks that enjoy Christmas with out the religion? Least as I was raised, never entered a church or taught religious beliefs.

We have a tree up. But it's for the cats to bat around. Haha! See? Empty boxes and cat toys.

20161206_193538_zpsli3sqzlx.jpg
    I have taken up with the Catholic bunch. Even have an advent wreath this year. :wink:

To me Christmas isn't a religious experience but I won't get into that. The season of giving and all that. Joy to the world :)
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    One more I took...

t975w8ls55py.jpg

Gorgeous!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Wow! Some gorgeous trees in this thread! Mine's a living Norway spruce this year, still chillin' outside until a few days before Christmas. I'm following the tradition of my paternal grandmother, who always had living trees for Christmas she planted after the holidays.

blt5h5vaf8yk.jpg

What an awesome idea. I want to find a little one for my mom we can plant after
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Wow! Some gorgeous trees in this thread! Mine's a living Norway spruce this year, still chillin' outside until a few days before Christmas. I'm following the tradition of my paternal grandmother, who always had living trees for Christmas she planted after the holidays.

blt5h5vaf8yk.jpg

What an awesome idea. I want to find a little one for my mom we can plant after

Cool! I hope you will! It should be easy to find one at a good nursery.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Then why the advent wreath??

Growing up we never observed any religious beliefs. As an adult, recently (2-3months) I've taken up with the Catholics. That's why the wreath. But the tree is just a cat toy/holiday thing. I don't see it as an expression of a belief system. Make sense? I easily assume Americans think of Christmas as a holiday celebration, not a religious celebration- becasue that is the way I experienced it.

TL:dr
    Child- uneducated, unassociated
    Adult- educated, associated
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    edited December 2016
    TommyW45 wrote: »
    272yimqobn5c.jpg
    One of 15 trees we have !

I went to post one of our trees and saw...you beat me to it, lol
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    @Black_LabeI don't you have a pic of your tree?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    My inside tree and the one in the porch :)
    sty48415olnv.jpg
    uibzsdshsxyv.jpg
    7kilgpqx2lhw.jpg
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    My inside tree and the one in the porch :)
    sty48415olnv.jpg
    uibzsdshsxyv.jpg
    7kilgpqx2lhw.jpg

Lovely!
  • TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Pamela_43 wrote: »
    TommyW45 wrote: »
    272yimqobn5c.jpg
    One of 15 trees we have !

I went to post one of our trees and saw...you beat me to it, lol
    I put our beach tree on also !! Couldn't do all of them lol !
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    I went all out this year
    I saw these and wanted to pick one up! I went with a smaller plant.
    0gG2m5w.jpg]

YpqftHh.jpg
    We've added a few new ornaments.