Sign-in, December 12

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    khsm6sw7vb9t.jpg

As I have lived my life, I believe that there are lots of things we must do that do not make us happy. Nonetheless, there are lots of reasons to focus on choosing to do what makes us and others happy. Some of the things that makes me happy are being with my family; being with horses and dogs; and reading an interesting science fiction or fantasy.
    What makes you happy?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Awww......@bocasdelbob
    Yes x 3 today. I finished all my testing thank goodness
    Thought I had lost it I couldn't start the snow blower. I ended up shoveling. Only to find out it needed gas. :/ you would think some one would make sure it was ready to go. Lol
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Exercise: brisk walk= 40 min
    Calories: yes, still having a sweet tooth, though...
    Tracking: yes
    I am grateful that what I do for work makes a difference in individual children's lives (teaching). I am blessed to have two healthy, smart, caring, independent adult children. I am lucky to have a boyfriend who adores me, flawed as I am, and a mom who is aging in an enviable manner.

Also, many evenings I am happy that I allotted enough calories for a glass of wine. : )

@bocasdelbob, thank you for making the world a better place.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    DECEMBER 12
    I'm out of the inner circle for December but I'm still in the challenge.
    Exercise - Yes: Body Pump, Pilates
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - Way under, hoping to mitigate any weekend damage!

@am_change - I love that you can see both sides of the same coin! A positive realist!

As far as being happy, I'm going to go with my TV mom, Florence Henderson: “It Takes A Lot Of Courage To Be Happy, But I've Got Courage, So I Think I Will Be Happy Again."

• RangerRickL
    2fd8pdrz3lb4.jpg
    Saturday, after a lovely snowfall, I took two of my granddaughters for a toboggan ride while being towed by that vehicle ( a John Deere Gator). That was real happiness for the girls and me, the Grandpa!
    Today, I did 42 minutes of HIIT workout after 18 minutes of warmup
    Calories: good
    Tracking: vitally important and ok
  • RangerRickL
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, Bob @bocasdelbob and @deejkush and @am_change and @2020pinktogo
    You are all a blessing to me!!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Exercise? Yes; a cold 24 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • MissEESmith
    MissEESmith Posts: 110 Member
    Yes - Divvy & Sworkit
    Yes
    Yes
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    am_change wrote: »
    We all have a soft spot for Buddy.

I'm happy.
    I live in a tiny cottage with a husband who suffers anxiety and a baby who has at 10mobths still never slept through the night. I have to return to work next month.
    Or:
    I have a roof over my head and it's affordable. I married the love of my life who makes me smile every day. We have a perfect, healthy, cheeky and inquisitive daughter. We're all in good health. I'll be getting a modest salary again from next month from a job I adore making a real difference in vulnerable little people's lives.

Count your blessings.

Yes x 3.

Needed this.

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Yes x 3, 94 minutes of exercise

34 minutes walking + 60 minutes day 11, December 30 Day challenges
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    @bocasdelbob I love your stories about your buddy <3 They make me happy
    @am_change I feel your pain and share your joy.
    @RangerRickL I wanna play!! that looks SO fun! Your grandkids are so lucky to have you!

I have a lot to be happy about. I have been trying to focus on it all lately. I have an amazingly supportive husband that makes me laugh and smile constantly. I have a son that keeps me on my toes and makes me proud to be his mom. He is only 17 months old but he has so much joy in him. And I have an amazing support system in my friends. They are always there for me to vent, or share my happy with.

Short story: This past weekend we hired a tree service to come out and shape our trees. We typically research and select providers based on reviews and experience. But for some reason my husband and I were both drawn to a sign near our gym and on a whim decided to call for service. It ended up being a Iranian man. When he came over to do the service we got to talking and found out that his wife and son were still in Iran trying to immigrate to the US. He immigrated years ago with his daughter and is working as a tree trimmer for extra money. He was so proud and excited to have that opportunity. This man was the kindest warmest soul I have come across in a long time. He was such a bright light in our day and yet he was facing several hardships. It was a reminder to me and my husband about perspective and attitude. A reminder we desperately needed due to some current family stress. It was a lesson that you can CHOOSE to be happy. I just had to share

12/12:
    Exercise? Yes, Made it to the 5 oclock. We did weighted lunges and BOY do I feel those today
    Calories? Yes I was so rushed that I had to skip breakfast this morning so I had lots of calories left over to indulge in an extra sushi roll for dinner :)
    Tracked? Every Bite
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 60 mins weight training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES! :mrgreen: 60 minutes elliptastic workout and 5 minutes stretching cool-down.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes. :neutral: I was actually a bit low after my heavy workout, but it's all good.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes. :+1:

I have to admit that I haven't really ready through a lot of these check-in posts, although I have in "This and That" but I'm SO GLAD that I read todays...it made me :smiley: HAPPY just reading all these touching stories and other things that make you all Happy! Thanks for sharing!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 88 min gym working (stationary bike/tread) and ab and arm app workout

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!

Being with my hubby makes me happy. :)