Moms who feel run down?

I can't be the only 30+ mom who feels old, run down, and can't seem to find the time for myself. I'm tired of being fat, tired, and sore. And I don't like feeling like my life is already half over because my dad died this summer at age 59 of basically a completely busted heart. He never took care of himself and I don't either and I don't like it. I want to be a transformation poster! I'm starting with food for now with plans to face the physical cliché after the new year by joining a gym. I'm almost 300 pounds and I'm just fed up. I want to be a good example for my 4 year old son. Any other moms want to keep in touch and keep each other going!? xkcz5g3dxzo7.jpg
g7h9qctpka1p.jpg

Replies

• shur77
    shur77 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! 39 year old mom who's just exhausted, Overweight and chronically stressed. I used to be very very fit (as little as 2 yrs ago) and a 6 day a week 1.5 hr per gym rat and now I'm weak..chubby flabby and fed up.
    I'm trying not to have an all or nothing approach right now and just started by logging a calorie deficit plugged into mfp. I think post holiday season I'm going to be trying to manipulate macros again and adding daily walks and meditation in in between. It's finals week next week though and I'm just overwhelmed right now.
  • katey82
    katey82 Posts: 70 Member
    I feel the same way! I am the mom of a almost 4 year old boy and I want to teach him to be healthy and take care of himself. I want to feel good about myself and not feel ashamed any more! Please feel free to add me!!
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Same here!

I was feeling insecure and was blaming my weight gain on my pregnancies.

I saw a meme that said "a year from now, you will be happy you started today." It totally hit me, so I changed my diet.

I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies, so it was a familiar diet for me to follow. I started there for a couple weeks, then I started logging in mfp to see where I was calorie wise.

I've just started exercising, but not consistently and not much. I've lost 13 lbs
  • srrosenbalm
    srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Raquel. I'm a mom of a 6 year old, and I started out at 185 lbs. There are days when I feel so tired, and just fed up. I know what my end goal looks like, but some days are harder than others to be consistent. 2016 was not a good year for me personally or emotionally, but I was able to lose weight due to stress. This was not a reliable or healthy way to drop lbs. It did help kickstart my attitude towards making REAL changes. I've gained weight since then, and now I'm hoping to lose another 30+ lbs. I'm looking to add more friends that log regularly to help with motivation. Feel free to add me!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Hey, you can make a comeback! I was 37 when I started. 202.5 lbs, completely sedentary, with sleep apnea (ZZZZzzzzz...) and PCOS. Today, at 40, I feel like a completely different person, way healthier than I was for years.

Start small. Baby steps are great. I started with just focusing on diet for the first month. I didn't count calories, just made a few easy food rules--eat less junk, eat 2 servings of produce at each meal, take one serving of a food and eat it and then evaluate whether I really need another serving or not, write down every single bite I put in my mouth. I had very bad habits/impulse control with sweets and bread-type foods so I chose to limit those to one serving per week, both on Sunday, but that's not necessarily what you have to do. It worked for me though because I always knew that if I turned down a dessert, it wasn't the last dessert I'd ever have the chance to eat in my life (which is how I acted previously) since I'd get one on Sunday.

After a month, I added physical activity--walking 3x/week. After another month, a very simply bodyweight routine on 3 other days a week. After that month I switched from walking to the C25k program, which moves you into running little by little. I started the whole weight loss project in January and by July switched from bodyweight exercise to weight lifting on those 3 days. Like I said, baby steps all the way. It really works and keeps you from getting overwhelmed and burned out.

Feel free to add me. I haven't posted on my feed a lot this year but I am planning to switch mostly to it and get off the forums after the holidays. Best of luck to you all, whatever you do!
  • kathykrupa297
    kathykrupa297 Posts: 29 Member
    I definately feel the pain of not loosing weight as well. I have two kids and a full
    Time job. So excuses are abundant. But I suck of feeling tired, fat, and overwhelmed. I want my body back!! This week I have started to use the tracker and also I gave up refined sugar. I will also try to add in some exercise even if it's just 10min.
    Next week is decrease my carb intake.
    I have decided that 2017 will be a great year!!!!!!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    33 year old mom of a 1 year old! I got back on here because the scale tipped 300 *again* and I'm tired of it. I want to put it in the rear view mirror and keep it there. I'm working on my goal of losing the weight and actually becoming a runner! I am eyeing a 5k at the end of April next year, because it looks like a lot of fun. I've sent you a friend request. :)
  • 1lsttyme
    1lsttyme Posts: 24 Member
    I am a little older than most of you posting so far....44. Do it now! do it now! Do it now!

Otherwise you will be like me, 44 and nothing has changed except the weight has caused more health problems, you are more tired, you are more overweight and you could have done something about it years ago. I am still trying to do something about it but if I can pass something on to my younger self it would be to change my eating and exercise.

All of that is easier said then done of course. Depression, pain, loneliness, stress, and a myriad of other things keep me where I am.

Don't give up. Find a buddy. Get out. Move around. Win the battle today and start again tomorrow.
  • cljbaby2015
    cljbaby2015 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm a 35 year old mom if 2 boys. I also feel down and lazy. I want to exercise and eat right but I just don't seem to do it. So you can add me. Maybe we can get each other on the right track
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello! I'm a 34 year old mom of 4 kids (12,9,8,2). I've always been a thick girl and have used the "mom card" of why I can't keep the weight off. I've lost 50 lbs before getting pregnant with my 4th child but sadly I gained almost all of it back. I'm struggling to take the weight back off. I really have no excuse and I need to get my mind straight on getting my "sexyback". Decided to hop on the weightloss train before the New Year. I'm now on week 2. If any of you ladies would like to add me, please feel free to.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    I can't be the only 30+ mom who feels old, run down, and can't seem to find the time for myself. I'm tired of being fat, tired, and sore. And I don't like feeling like my life is already half over because my dad died this summer at age 59 of basically a completely busted heart. He never took care of himself and I don't either and I don't like it. I want to be a transformation poster! I'm starting with food for now with plans to face the physical cliché after the new year by joining a gym. I'm almost 300 pounds and I'm just fed up. I want to be a good example for my 4 year old son. Any other moms want to keep in touch and keep each other going!? xkcz5g3dxzo7.jpg
    g7h9qctpka1p.jpg

You are absolutely beautiful!!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    I felt like I was reading my diary when I looked at your post. 38 year old mom of a 5 almost 6 year old. Work 10 hour days quite often sitting in an office chair staring at a computer. Only get up to run to all the meetings I get scheduled into. Sooooo tired lately. Have been working at this weight-loss thing for awhile. Started out at just shy of 300 lbs. Dropped 80, decided I needed a break and low and behold after two years 30 of those little there's came back. So now I'm working at it again and I just won't stop. My daughter deserves a healthy mom and I deserve to live my best life.
  • I know how you feel. I have 5 kids ages 1 through 12 and most of the time I'm exhausted. I need to find some more energy!
  • elleske
    elleske Posts: 23 Member
    I totally relate. I have a 8 year old, work 32 hrs/wk, and am going to school part-time. My long-term goal is to lose 80 pounds. I'm coming back to MFP after falling off the wagon after a 30 pound weight loss. I'd love to have other mom friends to talk to regularly for encouragement and motivation!
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    33 year old mom of a 1 year old and 3 year old. Although my weight is in check I still struggle daily with anxiety & insomnia which can really take a toll on you. So yes, sometimes I'm just tired!!
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Sorry for your loss. You sound really fed up and ready to change!! You got this!! You are definitely not alone being an exhausted mom. I have two children ages 8 and 4 and work full time. They are my motivation. Years ago I quit smoking and decided I wanted to be a healthy strong mom. Plain and simple. Everyday is a new day. I try to be a better person than I was yesterday. I've learned to enjoy working out and try to make better food choices. Take it one day at a time. Some days are better than other. I know I am a work in progress. I am 5'6, 39 years old looking to lose 20-30 pds. I would love to have friends who are going to be motivated super moms!
  • Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    Right here! My daughter is 21 months and I work from home (a blessing but also a curse). I am constantly stressed, exhausted, and just trying to keep my head above water (there's just never enough hours in the day!!) Caring about myself and my health has gone completely to the wayside and I need to get it together. Im sick of feeling like a shell of my old self! I would love to give and receive some support on here so please feel free to add me!
  • RManning2018
    RManning2018 Posts: 3 Member
    I am so glad that I saw this! I am definitely feeling that way and have for quite some time now. I am just getting started, but I am so tired all the time and having to do for so many people that I can't seem to actually get started. I need all the motivation and encouragement I can get. I am 38, have two kids (17 and 6) and am married. I am up at 6:30, out the door by 8 and work until 7 most nights (then until 9:30 or 10 at home). I am always busy and cannot find time for myself at all.
  • Tucker3306
    Tucker3306 Posts: 54 Member
    Sounds like the first and most important part of weight loss you have conquered....that is making your mind up to do so! You got this! :)
  • luckyjen76
    luckyjen76 Posts: 31 Member
    hi, first of all let me say you are beautiful, I am a mom and I have a 4 yo and 1yo, I was in the same spot as you I lost my dad this past January he was 69 years old and his health was just really bad I believe my motivation for getting healthy had a lot to do with losing him I don't want to leave my children at an early age because I didn't take care of myself, I completely changed how I eat and I do alot of walking I'm currently at a healthy bmi and feel good , although I still have a rough week here and there, feel free to add me or ask anything you like, you can do this!!!!!