People Who Waited for Sex Before Marriage?

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2016
    The only person I know is my mother. I dont think many people waited after the 1960's maybe the 1950's.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Anyway...I am really traditional. Not that I believe you should wait for sex before marriage, but that isn't (always) the first thing on my mind. Never like the hook-up scene or one-night-stands. Sex was never a driving force to going out with someone. Usually that happened more naturally over time.

And I never understood finding out if sex was "good" first. I guess if you simply break it down to a physical act and that holds more of value over the intimacy of it, I can see how it is important. I was always more about the compatibility of being with the person than grading on sexual performance. If I was into someone than sexual activity was always enjoyable.

Meh.

Most people I know are interested in the total package, including sexual compatibility. I'm fairly adventurous and I've dated women that I've been very attracted to and otherwise compatible with...but it was just boring in the bedroom because they were so vanilla. Conversely, I also dated a girl who turned every encounter into a freak circus or something and it was a bit much for me...

I think sexual compatibility is just as important as anything else.

Do you still have freak circus girl's number? You know, just asking for a friend.....

Yea you could send her my way too, if your done.. lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    Anyway...I am really traditional. Not that I believe you should wait for sex before marriage, but that isn't (always) the first thing on my mind. Never like the hook-up scene or one-night-stands. Sex was never a driving force to going out with someone. Usually that happened more naturally over time.

And I never understood finding out if sex was "good" first. I guess if you simply break it down to a physical act and that holds more of value over the intimacy of it, I can see how it is important. I was always more about the compatibility of being with the person than grading on sexual performance. If I was into someone than sexual activity was always enjoyable.

Meh.

Most people I know are interested in the total package, including sexual compatibility. I'm fairly adventurous and I've dated women that I've been very attracted to and otherwise compatible with...but it was just boring in the bedroom because they were so vanilla. Conversely, I also dated a girl who turned every encounter into a freak circus or something and it was a bit much for me...

Do you still have freak circus girl's number? You know, just asking for a friend.....

I'm good at sharing! :p:#
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 wrote: »

Meh.

I'm good at sharing! :p:#

So am I... Im sure we can work something out. :)
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    That's why the butt sex was invented. FYI- Butt sex isn't sex.

I think this calls for a whole new thread since you're redefining sex

I'm not redefining it...some religious factions are.
  • That's why the butt sex was invented. FYI- Butt sex isn't sex.

My butt would beg to differ...
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Well I'm not one of them. I got married at 35 and didn't even wait.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member

It isn't? Thought it was actually called "anal" sex...then there's oral...is that also not "sex"? I could give two *kitten* about what religious nuts think.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Who waits for anything these days? I put a lot of stock into the sexual compatibility aspect but alas.... There are other factors in life. Who knew?
  • JustMissTracy
    I didn't couldn't wait, but my first boyfriend was also the first marriage for me.
  • JustMissTracy

It's funny because there are people that are actually serious about that. I dated a girl in college and we had been seeing each other for about a month...we were getting pretty hot and heavy back at my apartment and she stopped me and told me there was something I should know...I couldn't have sex with her because she was a virgin and saving herself for marriage. I was a little taken back and probably had a funny look on my face because then she was like, "it's ok though...we can do other stuff...I give pretty good head and you can put it in my butt...but my vagina is off limits."

WtCB6.gif

Odd that the vagina is sacred but the booty is fair play...

LOL! Good thing she has her priorities in order! Wouldn't wanna mess up the vajayjay...but everything else is fair game!
  • JustMissTracy

It's funny because there are people that are actually serious about that. I dated a girl in college and we had been seeing each other for about a month...we were getting pretty hot and heavy back at my apartment and she stopped me and told me there was something I should know...I couldn't have sex with her because she was a virgin and saving herself for marriage. I was a little taken back and probably had a funny look on my face because then she was like, "it's ok though...we can do other stuff...I give pretty good head and you can put it in my butt...but my vagina is off limits."

WtCB6.gif

Did you marry her, though?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member

WtCB6.gif

LOL! Good thing she has her priorities in order! Wouldn't wanna mess up the vajayjay...but everything else is fair game!

If she married, I bet that guy is disappointed...all he probably gets is vagina since married and all...

I also wonder how that conversation would go..."I've been saving myself for you babe...well, except for my *kitten* and my mouth...but my vajayjay has never been used."
  • PowerMan40
    I like the build up of sexual tension between people, its fun, and very distracting. So there is something to holding off on sex with someone, until you cant stand it no more... lol Then you have mad monkey love sex..... lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member

WtCB6.gif

Did you marry her, though?

Lol...no...she ended up being kind of a weirdo.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Ironically , most of us do more waiting for sex after marriage...and kids...and work...and life.