Trying to loose these 2 lbs in a week is hard

2»

Replies

• ladypena7
    ladypena7 Posts: 39 Member
    ladypena7 wrote: »
    Im trying to loose 2lbs per week

It's tough because that's a big deficit to cut. How much total are you trying to lose?

Im 135lbs, thats what i say but im really 132 i want to get to 120lbs but my goal is 115 healthy in 5'3

But with so little to lose your goal is too aggressive to be done in a healthy and sustainable way. Put your stats into mfp, set your goal for 1lb a week and stay within your calorie budget.

Yes i possibly will but il going to try atleast one week
  • ladypena7
    Perhaps a full body swim suit picture will help us all determine whether you even have the 12 pounds to lose in the first place.

#forscience

Lol
    ninerbuff wrote: »

It's tough because that's a big deficit to cut. How much total are you trying to lose?

Im 135lbs, thats what i say but im really 132 i want to get to 120lbs but my goal is 115 healthy in 5'3
    So let's do the math here:

Based on your stats, your BMR is approximately 1411 calories. Now even if you added daily activity and say 300 calories of exercise to your day, let's say your at 2000 TDEE. Losing 2lbs a week you'd have to eat 1000 calories a day or less. AND THAT'S NOT GOOD. Your body will retaliate by slowing metabolic rate more and any weight loss will come to a crawl.
    That's why trying to lose 2lbs a week for you isn't a good idea.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I see im new to all of this but im going to take into consideration what you just said
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

But with so little to lose your goal is too aggressive to be done in a healthy and sustainable way. Put your stats into mfp, set your goal for 1lb a week and stay within your calorie budget.

actually if she is only trying to lose 12lbs she needs to set it to .5(1/2) lb a week. anything over 25lbs should be 1lb a week(anything higher than 50lbs can be 1-1.5lbs/week,and over 75lbs- 2lbs/per week),but her goal is definitely too aggressive. OP the less weight you have to lose the slower its going to be.so set your goal for half a lb a week and go from there.
  • ladypena7

Yes i possibly will but il going to try atleast one week

If you weren't looking for advice darling, what did you come here for?

well she doesn't want your bad realistic advice. Just the kind that is supportive of her journey.

OP should for 5lbs per week, this way if you get 2 you can call it a win.*

*disclaimer: this is terrible advice and should never be attempted at home...or ever

who said i wasnt looking for advise jerk
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

actually if she is only trying to lose 12lbs she needs to set it to .5(1/2) lb a week. anything over 25lbs should be 1lb a week(anything higher than 50lbs can be 1-1.5lbs/week,and over 75lbs- 2lbs/per week),but her goal is definitely too aggressive. OP the less weight you have to lose the slower its going to be.so set your goal for half a lb a week and go from there.

this..
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Don't sweat it.

Fat is better than muscle anyway and I can prove it.

Have you ever pulled a muscle?

Hurts, doesn't it?

Have you ever pulled fat?

* not everyone here necessarily needs to answer this.
  • ladypena7
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Don't sweat it.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Bye @Motorsheen
  • Motorsheen
    Don't sweat it.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Bye @Motorsheen

Hahahahaaaaaah, Doh!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Don't sweat it.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Bye @Motorsheen

Have you seen the rest of his comments? It's not you, it's him.

Too many episodes of South Park makes him forget his manners.
  • Motorsheen
    Don't sweat it.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Bye @Motorsheen

Have you seen the rest of his comments? It's not you, it's him.

Too many episodes of South Park makes him forget his manners.

You can't forget what you never had.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member

Another vote for setting her weight loss goal for a half pound per week, since she only has 12 pounds to lose.

Creating a bigger deficit is too aggressive, and thus not likely to be sustainable.