Gifts for trainers at gym

Wasn't quite sure where to put this ... but does anyone get holiday gifts for the trainers at their gym? I have a personal trainer I see twice a week and there are a couple of trainers I do group classes with multiple times a week. Are tips appropriate? Or maybe a gift basket with healthy snacks or something? Just curious - this is my first year spending a lot of time with the trainers.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It's totally up to you! I don't think it's expected at all, but always appreciated. Personally, I would get my private trainer a small gift and cards for the others, or a basket to share.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Just a quick note - be sure you check the rules at your gym. They may not be allowed to accept gifts or tips. If not, a nice thank-you/holiday card with a personal note is always a nice gesture. :)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    I personally always feel awkward when clients get me gifts. They pay a lot for training and I get paid extra when I train, so I feel I am adequately compensated. (That being said, I don't give any of the presents back!) :D

I would echo the previous answer--not expected, always appreciated, doesn't have to be anything big.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    I enjoy getting new cars and fists of cash.

Azdak wrote: »
    I personally always feel awkward when clients get me gifts. They pay a lot for training and I get paid extra when I train, so I feel I am adequately compensated. (That being said, I don't give any of the presents back!) :D

I would echo the previous answer--not expected, always appreciated, doesn't have to be anything big.

^ Woah woah woah who asked you

;)
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    edited December 2016
    Wasn't quite sure where to put this ... but does anyone get holiday gifts for the trainers at their gym? I have a personal trainer I see twice a week and there are a couple of trainers I do group classes with multiple times a week. Are tips appropriate? Or maybe a gift basket with healthy snacks or something? Just curious - this is my first year spending a lot of time with the trainers.
    Questions:

Are you single?

Is he single?

Do you have a crush on him?!?!?!?

If the answer is no to all the questions, you can buy him a gift and that won't be awkward at all. People give gifts, no need for rules.

But conversely, if you are socially crazy like I am and society looks like a coen brothers movie to you that you can pole fun and laugh at.... give him a box of heavily icing-ed entenman (how do you spell that?) eclairs.

If you are a normal person aka good individual, just give a 25$ or 50$ amex card with a thank you note and exit the building.

Don't let us down buffalogal, come back and report the experiences.

No romance ... lol. Happily married and he also trains my hubby. Even though I pay for my training, my personal trainer has been a huge influence on my life this past year (helping me meet goals I never thought I could meet) so I think a gift is warranted. He was talking today about how he doesn't let himself splurge often but when he does it is for a big ribeye and a couple craft beers. So I am going to get him a gift certificate for our local steakhouse that has a decent beer selection. And I decided for the group trainers I will put together a gift basket of healthy snacks.