Spider Cookies - both coconut and peanut butter varieties
    Italian Christmas Cookies
    Apple pie - Cortland apples only
    Peanut butter pie
    Chocolate sugar cookies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Egg nog. Yum.

Cheese cake is a favourite of mine, Nut mixes with seeds, coconut and a few chocolates. I usually get beef jerky in my stocking too.

Before switching to LCHF, I used to eat a homemade cinnamon bun or two every day over the holidays. Now? I'll just have one. Too much sugarwhich affects how I feel for a few hours.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Those little chocalate hazenut balls wrapped in gold with the fancy name
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Buttertarts (but can't eat these anymore because of Crohn's :( )
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    I'm skipping all of the "holiday" desserts. I've been having dreams at night about eating chocolate pudding and brownies. I am making a huge pan of Ghiradelli brownies for Christmas and that will be the only dessert I have. I would just make them now, but then the entire pan would sit in my house. I need to wait until I can have one and leave the rest with family. I can't be trusted around those brownies.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Pavlova! :):):)

And, of course, Nanaimo bars.
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    Dutch apple pie.

There's an apple orchard that's local to me that makes their own take and bake pies that are AMAZING and they're a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. We have one at Thanksgiving (along with pumpkin and pecan, of course) and at Christmas. I didn't have any this year at Thanksgiving because I ate WAAAY too much dinner and was physically ill by dessert time. I didn't even want to take a piece home.

Needless to say, I'm counting the days...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Pavlova! :):):)

And, of course, Nanaimo bars.

15931744788_1e60124cd5_z.jpg
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I'm a traditionalist and will enjoy my once-a-year treat of plum pudding with brandy butter on Christmas day. Though I think we will be having pavlova too - and it will look suspiciously like the one @machka9 posted I think. The better question might be whether there any Aussies who won't be having pavlova on 25 December?

Although yesterday I helped with a cooking frenzy that included proper old fashioned stuff like coconut ice and cheese biscuits from the Women's Weekly biscuit book (not a dessert, but a treat) and a new experiment with some seriously delicious panforte. Yum!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    My favorite cookies are....
    1. Gingerbread cookies (big soft ones)
    2. Snickerdoodle
    3. Peanut butter blossoms
    4. Good ol regular frosted sugar cookies
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Norwegian Crowns! My Great Grandmother made these every year and they are to die for. They're like spritz, but waaaay better. There's no liquid; just butter and hard boiled egg yolks. LOL I've made many attempts over the years, but mine always crumble. :/ Crumbs still taste good, though!

Holiday Memory: Growing up, our family holiday get-together was on Christmas Eve and dessert always consisted of fruit salad and those cookies. My G-Gma also made these beautiful lace oatmeal cookies, fattigman and krumkaker. Man, Norwegians know how to make some delicious cookies!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Pecan pie with whipped cream!
  • Machka9
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I'm a traditionalist and will enjoy my once-a-year treat of plum pudding with brandy butter on Christmas day. Though I think we will be having pavlova too - and it will look suspiciously like the one @machka9 posted I think. The better question might be whether there any Aussies who won't be having pavlova on 25 December?

Although yesterday I helped with a cooking frenzy that included proper old fashioned stuff like coconut ice and cheese biscuits from the Women's Weekly biscuit book (not a dessert, but a treat) and a new experiment with some seriously delicious panforte. Yum!

I have my pavlova egg (the mix) all ready to roll! :)

Left to my own devices, I'd eat the whole thing. Fortunately, I suppose, my husband will want at least half. :mrgreen:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Apple pie, chocolate, all the cookies my step mom makes.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Pecan pie a la mode.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    My mom's peanut butter/chocolate fudge. I can (and usually do) eat myself sick on it. Good thing it's only for Christmas!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    My mom's peanut butter/chocolate fudge. I can (and usually do) eat myself sick on it. Good thing it's only for Christmas!

I've followed my mom's fudge recipe (the type with marshmallow fluff) and mine ends up only able to be eaten with a spoon unless it's frozen. Hers always ended up acting like proper fudge.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Peppermint brownies. Regular chocolate brownies I make all year, but during the holidays I sprinkle the top with crushed up peppermint bark. My mom used to make dozens of different holiday treats every year. My favorite was the fudge she would make without pecans just for my brother and I.