114 Pounds Lost - You can do this!

jvanessa89
jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
edited December 2016 in Success Stories
Only about a year ago I was almost 300 pounds and decided it was time to change for my health and happiness. When I started this journey I set a goal for myself of 170 pounds (which is a healthy weight for myself being 5'10.) I steadily gained weight over the years, and never tried to lose weight in my life, never "dieted" before or anything until I decided to do this last year. I never believed I could do it until then, I just kind of resigned myself to thinking that being overweight would be my life.
This whole journey is all about being healthy. I fell in love with walking & learning about nutrition and I love knowing that what I put in my body is good for me and how it benefits my well-being. Now I have lost 114 pounds this past year & am only 6 pounds away from my original goal and only 3 pounds until I'm out of the "overweight" range and it's a bit surreal.
I am so close to something that years ago I never would have imagined I could do. It's all about mind over matter and believing in yourself and loving yourself which will lead you to make healthier choices. Don't have any doubts that you will succeed, set your eye on what you want and if you believe wholeheartedly that you will do it then you will. It might take time and patience but if you never quit you will get there. I don't think what I've done is special, I feel like anyone that wants this can do it. Don't get discouraged or let anything get in your way :)

dvidfhkprvfj.png45v6ywntxlpe.jpg

o2icstc2sec8.jpg

Replies

• Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Wow! Amazing work!
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    You look wonderful! Congrats for your fantastic journey!
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    That is fantastic and you look wonderful! Congratulations you deserve it :)
  • DivaRunningMom
    DivaRunningMom Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations
  • jvanessa89
    Thank you so much everyone! :)
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Thank you for sharing!!! You are beautiful!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Thanks for sharing ! Congrats on the loss!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    You look absolutely amazing. Very inspiring!

"Don't have any doubts that you will succeed, set your eye on what you want and if you believe wholeheartedly that you will do it then you will"<--this!!!

• danidarling11
    danidarling11 Posts: 6 Member
    This is fantastic and inspiring! Thank you for sharing! You look so much happier and so much more confident! I love this!
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    You look fabulous! Way to go!!
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member
    Love your attitude! What an incredible achievement!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Beautiful young lady!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Nice job and great story!
  • Serenade_N
    Serenade_N Posts: 152 Member
    That is a great message, especially for people like myself who are just starting out,
    Set your eyes on what you want and believe wholeheartedly you will do it THEN YOU WIILL.
    Love it! Thank you!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Amazing! Great job :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    That is awesome! I have a similar road ahead of me. I have 114 left to go to get to goal! Thanks for the inspiration. :smiley:
  • char71165
    char71165 Posts: 65 Member
    I am inspired! Thank you so much for sharing. I like what you said about believing you can do it and then doing it.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Just love these uplifting words! Thank you for sharing your vision and for your support for all of us. You are truly a success story!!
  • jvanessa89
    edited December 2016
    I'm so happy I could be of encouragement to others! Thank you :)
  • Inspiring! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!