Am I the only idiot on the open message boards

Wow...quite difficult out there on the message boards. Lots of bro science, and they travel in packs. They attack you in packs, too. I fight back asking for peer reviewed evidence...and that's where they trip and fall on their face...and it just gets them angrier. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Chris91gp
    Chris91gp Posts: 9 Member
    I can honestly say I only come to this board, but I've heard what you're saying from a few people.
    It's too bad that it's like.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    camtosh wrote: »
    There is soon to be a new board for like-minded folks: www.ketogenicforums.com It starts up on Jan. 1st, or if you are on 2KetoDudes on facebook, you can ask the admins for an early invite. Looks promising.

Yeah, I heard about it. Can't wait!!!!!!!!! I even get into fights with "sugar pusher" trolls on dietdoctor's site. Geeeeez.

• fruttibiscotti
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Shhh. We do not speak of the other boards here. We must keep silent or risk losing this group. We understand, but shh. ;):)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10184341/please-read-group-expectations#latest

Good advice nvmomketo.

• fruttibiscotti
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I got buffeted around like a flea in a vacuum cleaner in several non-MFP health & nutrition forums before (by pure happenstance) I discovered this safe haven

Apparently, the facile concept that people's metabolisms are not identical is not universally acknowledged.

Yeah...when will the CICO framework finally die...seriously.

Btw...Mel tome? Omg....heaven.

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    I got buffeted around like a flea in a vacuum cleaner in several non-MFP health & nutrition forums before (by pure happenstance) I discovered this safe haven

Apparently, the facile concept that people's metabolisms are not identical is not universally acknowledged.

Btw...Mel Tormé? Omg....heaven.

And not just for Xmas!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Bonny132 wrote: »

I sometimes wonder onto the fun boards and every now and then if I see a keto post under new, I will advice them to come here for more info.

This is a good thing.....That's how I found the board, so it's definitely good to get it out there once in awhile for the people that are looking for a place to get info and resources.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member

And not just for Xmas!

Since you're a Mel Torme fan, you may already know this. A year or so ago, I ran across what I think was Mel's only movie appearance: "Good News" with June Allyson, Peter Lawford and a terrific cast singing and dancing DaSilva/Brown/Henderson songs. Mel wasn't required to do much in the way of acting in this musical romp but he was very much a plus to the film.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    There is soon to be a new board for like-minded folks: www.ketogenicforums.com It starts up on Jan. 1st, or if you are on 2KetoDudes on facebook, you can ask the admins for an early invite. Looks promising.

It's up and running now. ☺
  • RalfLott

And not just for Xmas!

Since you're a Mel Torme fan, you may already know this. A year or so ago, I ran across what I think was Mel's only movie appearance: "Good News" with June Allyson, Peter Lawford and a terrific cast singing and dancing DaSilva/Brown/Henderson songs. Mel wasn't required to do much in the way of acting in this musical romp but he was very much a plus to the film.

Haven't seen that one. Thanks for the tip!

He made quite a few cameo appearances on TV, but I believe he also had several movie credits. His recordings stand up amazingly well, especially the tracks with Marty Paich's killer bands.

Great nickname, too. No one would ever be tempted to call me "Velvet"; "Fog" on the other hand....
  • fruttibiscotti
    MyriiStorm wrote: »

It's up and running now. ☺

Yay! Thanks for letting me know!

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    This is the only board that makes sense to me. I stay away from the " Would you date the above post " sites.

Haha I blocked the chitchat section, my eyes were starting to hurt from all the rolling i was doing. I would rather not see those ridiculous posts.
  • RalfLott
    This is the only board that makes sense to me. I stay away from the " Would you date the above post " sites.

Haha I blocked the chitchat section, my eyes were starting to hurt from all the rolling i was doing. I would rather not see those ridiculous posts.

Yippee! How did you do that?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    on the main forum page hover over the gear icon next to the sub forum and select unfollow.
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    edited December 2016
    on the main forum page hover over the gear icon next to the sub forum and select unfollow.

Thank you! I'm sick of seeing those on my home page
    edit: well that didn't work all those ridiculous topics are still on my home page - under Recent Forum Topics :neutral: