Food Network fans...what's your favorite show?

2»

Replies

• Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    I enjoy watching Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    The only thing left to watch on Food Channel seems to be Chopped, which they air endlessly.

The only thing "new" on FC sems to be "Beat Bobby Flay" but even that is getting old. I usually record it and fast forward to the 2 elimination results and an done watching it in 10 mins or less

However, I'll admit that I do watch Giada on occasion but not entirely for her cooking. ;)

For recipes, I turn mainly to the Create or Cooking Channels or PBS, where I prefer to watch Lydia, Julia, Jacque, America's Test Kitchen and/or Cook's Country to get cooking ideas.

PBS for the win! Our local station also shows a lot of local chefs on Saturdays and has huge collections of Pittsburgh cookbooks for memberships and fundraising.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Another vote here for Triple D!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Currently, Clash of the Grandmas.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    edited December 2016
    I love so many of them, but probably at the top are Worst Cooks, Cutthroat Kitchen, and chopped.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    I'm really dreading Tregay's (is that how you spell her name? She's the latest winner from Food Network Star this past summer) new show. She was charming at first, but her loudmouth sass started to get really old after a few episodes. Damiano should have won.

100% agree!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    The competition shows. Clash of the grandmas is hilarious.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't have cable tv, (I do watch the Food Network at the gym sometimes) but I do enjoy almost all of the cooking shows on PBS, especially America's Test Kitchen & Cooks Country.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    I love all of Guy Fieri's shows but really dislike him.

And anything with Alton Brown. He had a show called Good Eats which was really good and informative.

And Japanese Iron Chef with the English dubbing was great as well.

^ This. Exactly. Why do I love his shows if I don't love him? His grocery games show is my no brainer show.

I'm going to butcher her name but Giada Delaurentis needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Can't stand the way she pronounces her "rrrr's." Grrrr.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I love all of Guy Fieri's shows but really dislike him.

And anything with Alton Brown. He had a show called Good Eats which was really good and informative.

And Japanese Iron Chef with the English dubbing was great as well.

^ This. Exactly. Why do I love his shows if I don't love him? His grocery games show is my no brainer show.

I'm going to butcher her name but Giada Delaurentis needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Can't stand the way she pronounces her "rrrr's." Grrrr.

I like Giada, but I don't think that I've ever cooked any of her recipes. I usually like spaghetti and macaroni and cheese (as far as pasta dishes are concerned,) so a lot of her recipes just don't appeal to me
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    I'm really dreading Tregay's (is that how you spell her name? She's the latest winner from Food Network Star this past summer) new show. She was charming at first, but her loudmouth sass started to get really old after a few episodes. ....
    Tregaye. I loved her sass, and was glad she won. Apparently her new show will be called Kitchen Sink and starts in January. I hope she does well.

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Cutthroat Kitchen, Beat Bobby Flay, and Food Network Star.

I like Giada, but rarely watch her show. I just get all of her awesome recipes from FN.com. Her and Bobby Flay, I noticed, cook things with a lot of flavor, with fresh ingredients, and their recipes generally don't require more fat or oil than what is absolutely necessary. Nom!
  • Another vote for Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen. I <3 Alton Brown. I think I would watch anything he did lol
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    I love Worst Cooks and Food Network Star!