January Fitness Challenges

MiamiSeoul
MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
edited December 2016 in Challenges
2017!

WE MADE IT!

Now, let's make this the best year of our lives!

Welcome to the January 2017 30 Day Fitness Challenges! Some of you are newbies, some are seasoned veterans, but we are all here to become better, healthier & happier people.

Join us on January 1st.

We haven't focused on arms since August; try one or both. My thighs haven't seen this kind of attention since November. I'm bringing back a crowd favorite, the Sun Salutation Challenge, you're welcome @sharondjs & @klove808. For a little 2017 twist, I've included something extra (we can start the year fit AND clean.) Do one or all.

v7y2quj4tkef.jpg

p1nlqng17wnd.jpg

w0si3c8ez9d6.jpg

zymac1shxsrd.jpg

o3h2gzoojt74.jpg

Just a suggestion, I like to weigh, measure & take lots of "before" pictures on the first of the month. Feel free to share if you like!

There is no formal group to "join". Simply touch/highlight the little star at the top right of the page. Come back & check-in daily. Share your struggles & successes.

Everyone is welcome. We are a judgement-free group. It's not about perfection, it's about PROGRESS. Do your best and as always GO GET YOUR GOALS!

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello my dear!

I'm in for the thigh slimming challenge and the cleaning one :flushed:

Sun salutations are definitely out. The arms I'm not sure yet. The dips and the push-ups might be problematic.

ETA: Have a wonderful Christmas!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Lovely sun salutations! Thanks @MiamiSeoul ! I'm in for that and the cleaning one .... Will be doing weight training in conjunction still too.

Here's to everyone having a wonderful, progress filled, happy new year!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm in for the arm challenge, thigh challenge and going to try the cleaning challenge! Wish me luck with the cleaning one, lol
  • lakechasmith
    lakechasmith Posts: 36 Member
    I'm in for the cleaning and arm challenges.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    These look like great challenges. I'm in for the thigh slimming challenge, the 30 day arm challenge and the cleaning challenge.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    135terry wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    These look like great challenges. I'm in for the thigh slimming challenge, the 30 day arm challenge and the cleaning challenge.

Ditto!!!

New Year - New Challenge!!! Love it :-)

Thigh slimming
    Arm challenge
    Cleaning challenge

Bosh!!!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited December 2016
    Saving to ponder....
    (Sometimes I sign myself up for too much.)
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you for these. Considering the arm and cleaning challenge
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Hello!!

I'm in for the Thigh Slimming, one of the Arms challenge and the Sun Salutations!! I know what you mean @joans1976 I do the same thing, you don't have to do all of them. I also run and cross train.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Good morning! I'm in on the sun salutation and cleaning challenge for January 2017.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Hi!

I am in for the thigh challenge, the first arm challenge and cleaning challenge.
  • Marney25
    Marney25 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm in for the thigh slimming, sun salutation and the cleaning challenge. I'm looking forward to a clean house too!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    I am going to do the thigh, both arms and the cleaning challenge. Looking forward to a great January!
  • MiamiSeoul

#ThoughtfulThursday

qcgkbhj7po8v.jpg

• alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    @MiamiSeoul Well damn it, now I have to commit! :smiley: it's tough to say "no" when you throw out a quote like that.
    I'm in for the Sun Salutations. I am also doing my own Good Morning challenge. It's a full body way to kick start the day!
    fgb4xl2dyuya.jpg
  • Bellipong
    Bellipong Posts: 27 Member
    I'll have a go too! Definitely the cleaning challenge and I think I'll try the thigh challenge. Thanks for the ideas.
    Heather.
  • MiamiSeoul
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    @MiamiSeoul Well damn it, now I have to commit! :smiley: it's tough to say "no" when you throw out a quote like that.
    I'm in for the Sun Salutations. I am also doing my own Good Morning challenge. It's a full body way to kick start the day!
    fgb4xl2dyuya.jpg

t5kcx18bia8e.jpg

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey girl, you finally got me with one! I'll be the weirdo and just join for the cleaning challenge (I'm in plenty of other workout challenges). My house has turned into one big dust collector and I need something that breaks it down into bite-sized pieces to tackle. Liking the 30 day cleaning challenge to add to my collection of challenges to do...though guess it's activity to log as well. ;)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    I'm in for the thigh slimming challenge.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    I want to try this again :)