Thoughts on weekly average?

joshperson195
joshperson195 Posts: 819 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Feeling guilty for my intake the past week... Hardly in a deficit. Went over my macros on Sunday, too :/p92np2dwlv8m.png

Replies

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2016
    <checks Calendar>

Yep. Last week of December. You ate at maintenance for the holidays. Call it a win. Nothing to feel guilty about here.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Isn't your 1810 goal a deficit already? It should be if you told MFP your goal was to lose weight. You aren't supposed to try to come under your goal by hundreds of calories a day.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    That's not maintenance, if she has set MFP to lose then her deficit is already built in. She's also not under by hundreds a day, it's 300 a week. That's like 70 cals a day under. OP this is a perfectly good week, presuming you have told MFP all your true stats and that you want to lose.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    am not seeing the issue - You splurged on Xmas day but ate under every other day of week and your weekly calories were still under your limit.

What is the problem?
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    I didn't even dare log Christmas Day so well done!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Your calorie average is right on point. Don't worry about it. For weight loss, the most important thing is your calorie goal. After that, macros are secondary, but really protein is the most important macro to get close to your goal. As long as your calories are good and your protein is on point, your carbs and fat can vary...since they are basically for energy metabolism (as long as you get enough fruits/veggies for nutrients and fiber). Well done :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Not seeing the problem? And macros aren't a big deal. I didn't even track them during my weight loss phase, still lost 50lbs with no issues :)