Terms of endearment

13»

Replies

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    For my husband, it's usually his name or honey, and I do use baby. Usually baby at home, not out :)

My kids are "babes", just like my parents call me :)
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    I has no one to call me pet names right now.
    :cry:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    I have names for everyone I call my father dad my mother mom my grandparents lolo and lola my son son my wife wife and my dog dog. I even have some names for people here from tattle tales to snitches to butthurt or uptight yeah pretty much i rename people i meet

What do you call me? :p *gertrude* :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My ex always called me (darrrhlin)..its the way it sounded to my aussie ears..he is Canadian ..still calls me that actually ..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Angela937 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm baby girl, he's Daddy
    That's effing bizarre. I never ever liked the whole daddy *kitten*. It's not funny. Very paedo...

Just cause its not your thing doesn't mean you should criticize it. I find it highly erotic!

To each their own. I would feel like a pervert calling someone my daddy. Granted my dad is deceased, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

We're in a Dominate/submissive relationship. For me, its very natural. I've never called my own father "Daddy" before, so it isn't weird to me.

Calling your OH Daddy can also be a regional thing.

I know plenty of submissives who also find it icky. (Not dissing you for your choice; just want to make a point that there is no consensus on this term in the D/s community.)

Every Dom and sub can make their own names. Its typically Sir or Master, but it can be whatever each couple likes. To each their own!

Actually, my experience of other in D/s relationships IRL (as opposed to online) is that no pet name is just as common as Sir or Master.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    That's effing bizarre. I never ever liked the whole daddy *kitten*. It's not funny. Very paedo...

Just cause its not your thing doesn't mean you should criticize it. I find it highly erotic!

To each their own. I would feel like a pervert calling someone my daddy. Granted my dad is deceased, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

We're in a Dominate/submissive relationship. For me, its very natural. I've never called my own father "Daddy" before, so it isn't weird to me.

I know plenty of submissives who also find it icky. (Not dissing you for your choice; just want to make a point that there is no consensus on this term in the D/s community.)

Every Dom and sub can make their own names. Its typically Sir or Master, but it can be whatever each couple likes. To each their own!

Actually, my experience of other in D/s relationships IRL (as opposed to online) is that no pet name is just as common as Sir or Master.

Yeah its really each couple's preference. That's the case in any type of relationship, D/s or not.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member

Wow, lots of doms/subs on this board. Crawls under his table.

is there room for me too?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited December 2016
    I happen to like terms of endearment. I don't think it's creepy or weird at all. I use the term "baby" and "babe" often, I hope I don't offend or creep anyone out and if I do, you must be anasshole. LOL. I'm kidding. :p
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    elka67 wrote: »
    Spent Boxing Day with my husbands family inc my sister-in-law and her new ( almost a year) man.
    Every other sentence between them was finished of with "baby". It was verging on the silly in my opinion, esp in a room full of family.
    But maybe it's just me? I've been with my husband 25 years and have never called him anything but his name, if my memory serves me right. And if he's called me anything, I can't remember it.
    It's quite possible we've done it randomly here and there mid cuddle when alone but it's not a habit.

Do you use pet names? Which? Why? In public? And are we unusual if we don't?

I guess that's cute if they're new but like how long have they been together?
  • carolinagirlcnc
    carolinagirlcnc Posts: 12 Member
    I call my husband by his name, "babe" or "honey." He always calls me "sexy" or "hot tamale." :smile:
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    I do a lot just by habit. I'm southern, so everyone is darling, sweetheart, dear, etc.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Maybe they don't remember each other names and at this point they're too afraid to ask...

It's Delores!!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    My husband is sweetie or honey. :*