Dodgy things that "help you lose weight" in 2016

13»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    My generation's version of that song was a title of an Allman Brother's album.

"Hitting the Note?"

"Eat A Peach"

Ya, smartypants fail. :laugh:
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm glad raw has gone out of favor. There is nothing worse than raw kale salad. But has nobody mentioned how all health problems including obesity are caused by gluten? Also, that vegans never get fat.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    The Taco Cleanse. I think it started out as a joke and went viral.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    bogdan5844 wrote: »
    This might be a dumb question, but doesn't regular water drinking help with digestion ? Ergo, help with weight loss somehow ?

Anything that makes your digestion more efficient will make you more likely to gain weight, not lose it!

But water doesn't affect it in that way. It makes it work more smoothly and comfortably, but doesn't cause you to get more or less energy from your food.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Yay, my thread is back from the cleaners!

Just in time for new year. :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    Orphia wrote: »
    Yay, my thread is back from the cleaners!

Just in time for new year. :smile:

Yay! Thank goodness, because I really wanted to add green tea to the list!

Actually, this last year has been good for me. There was some white knuckling at times, but I learned a lot, and gave up on so many of my asinine beliefs.
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Some stuff I've seen around would be:
    - Cold vests
    - All hailing the 'alkaline foods' (and water)
  • Orphia
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Who cares? This is chit chat. Here it's about cheating husbands, ungrateful children, atheists versus Christians, designer shoes, legal marriages versus shacking up, dead celebrities, sexual topics and what sort of moisturizer to buy your mother for Christmas. Take your boring detox obsessions and never ending calorie lectures to the appropriate venue to go over. Over and over and over again.

Hey, my thread got moved here from "the appropriate venue". Happy New Year!
  • nutmegoreo
    Who cares? This is chit chat. Here it's about cheating husbands, ungrateful children, atheists versus Christians, designer shoes, legal marriages versus shacking up, dead celebrities, sexual topics and what sort of moisturizer to buy your mother for Christmas. Take your boring detox obsessions and never ending calorie lectures to the appropriate venue to go over. Over and over and over again.

In fairness, some of those could be related to weight loss :bigsmile:
  • Orphia
    Hmmm, what to do with husbands and children who won't follow your kale & green tea diet;

http://unitedchurchofbacon.org/our-beliefs/

for starters.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

In fairness, some of those could be related to weight loss :bigsmile:

Do elaborate - and spare none of the potentially filthy details.

Sword fighting is cardio, right?

Cheating husbands need to out run the bullets.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination :wink:
  • Orphia
    Oops, forgot the filth.