Am I the only one that finds it difficult to eat more?

Replies

• scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    We laid my cousin's 21 year old son to rest on Thursday night. My Mom passed away 22 years ago on the 10th. My Aunt Rosie passed away December 27, 2009.

I despise the month of December. :cry:

With the holidays, and everything I just need to get away from everything for a few days. I'm still keeping track of food most days (not today though, Christmas eve is my families day to get together)
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Enjoy this time with your loved ones. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Tracking can wait, being with those we love can't. You have your priorities spot on.
    Much love to you.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Im sorry for your loss :(
    Know that it is ok to take breaks and walk away for a bit if it becomes too much during stressful times. Especially at this time of year, enjoy the time with family and put other things like tracking aside.

Kelly
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 292.4
    Down
    Last week = 295

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1919
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2399
    Average calories = 2141
    Last weeks Average = ? Don't know, didn't track Christmas eve day or Christmas day. :smiley:

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 295 pounds /Today 292.4
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19.5 inches/Today 19 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 27.5 inches/Today 26.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 55.75 inches/Today 55.75 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 44 inches/ Today 43 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 45 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 11.5 inches

I'm back! Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and has a Happy New Year!

My Christmas was pretty good considering the funeral and all other stressors of the holiday season. I sure needed that break.

Currently working out a new bead pattern. I think I finally got it to turn out consistently using 6/0 beads (larger beads and wire) . Now if I could just get it to turn out with the 11/0 beads (smaller beads and nylon filament. I think I like the one without the arrow the best.
    zurxidr7d3pc.jpg
    krn76xdfvcql.jpg

• scaryann1
    4rmwhdvd17kw.jpg

This is going to take some practice!!!

We'll see if I have the patience to get it the way I want it. LOL
    ui98drm9f2cf.jpg
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 292
    Down .4
    Last week = 292.4

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1919
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2399
    Average calories = 2210
    Last weeks Average = 2141

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 292.4 pounds /Today 292
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 26.5 inches/Today 26.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 55.75 inches/Today 55.5 inches
    Abdomen - April 51 inches / Last week 43 inches/ Today 43 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 45 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 11.25 inches

Maybe I finally got past that barrier where I couldn't get over 1900 calories for more than two weeks in a row! LOL
    Going to sit in this area for a while just to see what happens.

The weather is nasty today in WNY. A high of 17 degrees F windy and snowing. I don't think we have to go anywhere today, but if Rick gets the new navigation radio installed in the Jeep we might go for a ride just to check out the mapping system.

Trying my hand with 3d beaded animals. The dragon was my first attempt.
  • empressichel
    Stay warm and safe inside!
    Good job on getting those calories up consistently! Really excellent!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 292
    Same
    Last week = 292

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1923
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2411
    Average calories = 2156
    Last weeks Average = 2210

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 292 pounds /Today 292
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 18.75 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 26.5 inches/Today 26 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 55.5 inches/Today 55 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.5 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.25 inches/Today 11.5 inches

Not much going on this week. We went shopping yesterday, so I think the slight increase in my forearm is swelling from using the forearm crutches, after all most of my measurements were either the same or smaller. And I may not have measured in the same place or several other things may factor in, but I'll take the other slightly smaller measurements!

Working with the beads and wire, I have noticed that my fingers are starting to get stronger! My bead work is getting much tighter.

Dragons, bees, and hearts invaded my house this week!
    6dfzpjffdyj6.jpg
    b5pah3633d3u.jpg
    qzlex024hy52.jpg

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You are going to be ready to sell some merchandise once the big spring craft sales start. Cool work.
    Good head about your progress too, hope the joints start calming down more.
  • empressichel
    Love the bead work, very cool!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 293
    Up 1
    Last week = 292

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) = 1927
    Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2417
    Average calories = 2249
    Last weeks Average = 2156

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 292 pounds /Today 293
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 18.75 inches/Today 18.5 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 26 inches/Today 25.75 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 55 inches/Today 54.5 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.5 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 12 inches

We did a lot of window shopping this week. It's nice to just sit home today. Got some more things made, now if only I could sell them. LOL I'm getting over run by dragons, bees, and other stuff. ;)
  • scaryann1
    Just a few of this week's creations.
    g0xhsbj6eu8i.jpg
    hizpu2thxe6u.jpg
    3l4gtqdmni4v.jpg
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 292
    Down 1
    Last week = 293

Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2417
    Average calories = 2344
    Last weeks Average = 2249

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 293 pounds /Today 292
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 18.5 inches/Today 19 inches (knee injury on Friday)
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 25.75 inches/Today 25.5 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 54.5 inches/Today 54.5 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.5 inches/Today 44 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 12 inches/Today 11.5 inches

Who in the world sprains a knee and a shoulder while walking across the floor? I do! Fun times this week. LOL Rick is (after starting it ten years ago) finally making my microwave shelf so I can have kitchen counter space. I stood up off the loveseat so that I could go out to the kitchen and look at something he wanted me to look at. I somehow managed to sprain my knee doing so. He brought me my forearm crutches so that I could walk, not three steps in I felt something in my shoulder area pop. We then went downtown to get his meds and something else. (I forget what we went after other than his meds) I get out of the Jeep at the pharmacy and the pain is so bad in my shoulder that I couldn't breath! We ended up going to Urgent Care after we picked up his meds. I managed to sprain my knee and my shoulder. :cry:

I spent yesterday sitting on my bum on the loveseat. Today the pain is back to almost normal levels. I may actually get to do some beading, yea!

Hope you all have a great week!
  • empressichel
    Oh MaryAnn that's awful!
    I can't even imagine the pain!
    I hope you're getting some relief now?
    Take care of yourself.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Gosh MaryAnn, What a crappy day! I'm amazed at how upbeat you are about it - maybe one positive outcome from your condition is that you have high resilience? I'm glad the pain is decreasing and hope you can get back into the beading today. It sounds like it's a form of therapy for you. Maybe you should open an Etsy page and see if you can sell them?

Cheers
    Annette
  • scaryann1
    I also decided today that since I no longer live on the couch, I have upped my activity level up a notch from "not very active" to "lightly active". Now I get to work on getting the calorie intake up to 2700+. I didn't end up beading today, but that's okay. I washed dishes 2xs, made homemade vanilla pudding, and homemade taco pasta. It was a good day. :-)
  • scaryann1
    I forgot, I've been thinking about the esty thing and I may look into it. I'm just debating on if I really want to deal with people or not. LOL I know people aren't all bad, but there are some pretty awful ones.
  • scaryann1
    I amaze my doctor quite often with my attitude. But really, when there's nothing you can do about it, why wallow in self pity. It just makes you miserable. I believe life is what you make of it and what ever life throws at me I'll deal with it the best I can and try to have fun while I'm at it. :-) Night all.
  • scaryann1
    Sorry I forgot to post Sunday. So much has happened this week it's a wonder I remembered to eat. Actually I haven't had any problem with that part this week. It has felt like a free for all with calories this week.

After Friday's fun "Aunt Flow" showed up. So it was an invalid weigh in week and with all the swelling from the knee and shulder fun, I decided not to do any measurements. Then the "fun" continued from there. I was opening a box of Cheerios and somehow managed to bend my fingernail back so far that it bled all over me. Then on Monday, I was getting out of the shower and slipped. My toe managed to get wedged under the drain plug. I got my toe out, but left half of my toe skin on the drain plug. What skin is left on my toe is black and blue! Another day of blood all over and wouldn't you know it not a band aid in the house. Lots of gauze pads, but very little tape. LOL

But I have had no problems with getting those calories in this week! I feel almost like it's been a free for all eat it all kind of week. Gee wasn't I one of those people who cried when I couldn't get all those calories in? I even had one day that was just over 3000 calories! It helped that lots of them were the liquid pain reliever, aka beer. But seriously I'm almost afraid to step on the scale this week. :-)
  • scaryann1
    Weight = 296.4
    Up 4.4
    Week before Last = 292

Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) = 2700 (Jumped my activity level up one notch since I no longer live on the loveseat)
    Average calories = 2633
    Last weeks Average = 2344

Weight - Starting weight 305 pounds / Last week 292 pounds /Today 296.4
    Calf- April 20.5 inches / Last week 19 inches/Today 19 inches
    Thigh- April 30 inches / Last week 25.5 inches/Today 26 inches
    Hips - April 58 inches /Last week 54.5 inches/Today 55 inches
    Waist - April 48 inches / Last week 44.4 inches/Today 44.5 inches
    Forearm - April 13 inches / Last week 11.5 inches/Today 11.5 inches

Dropped my calorie goal back down to 2600 for this week. I really felt like last week was an all you can eat, eat it all kind of week. I think we had junk food every day last week and I'm hoping this week is better. It has started out better so far. We'll see how this week goes.