Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

mytime6630
mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
I started a Daily Commitment thread a couple of years ago. But I have been slacking the past few months, so I am starting fresh again today. My weight is at a all-time high. I know I have a lot of old habits that I need to get rid of, and replace these old habits with good, healthy habits.
So I decided rather that keep posting on the old thread, I would start a new thread. A new, fresh start. to take this one day at a time.
Would anyone like to join me daily, in posting our goals for each day? And then come back the next day, and report how we have met those goals, along with goals for that day? That way we are accountable to each other in meeting these goals, changing old habits, one day at a time.

My hope is that if I try and stick with goals, one day at a time, these new goals can become new, healthy, habits.

So since today is January 1st, 2017, here are my goals, Just for Today.
Starting weight: 217.4
Goal weight for Feb 1: 210
Ultimate goal weight: 175

Just for Today:
1. log all food - no matter what I eat. Be accountable.
2. Drink water. Shoot for 6 glasses of water, just for today.
3. Exercise. If only 30 minutes, do something! :) Already accomplished this at the gym this morning :)
4. Get back on here tomorrow, to let you guys know how I did.

Anyone want to join me??

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    I totally get it! I have felt that way all day. New Year, New Start! We sure won't get there if we just give up, right? I'm excited to be on this journey with you. :smile:
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Great idea. Bookmarked.
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    edited January 2017
    I want to join too.. my short term goal is to start getting some form of physical activity in everyday. Long term goal is to lose 15 KGs from my current 85 to a 70.

Goal for today:
    1. drink plenty of water
    2. try to get at least 10k steps in
    3. be below calorie goal
    4. actually achieve the set goal...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Is the original thread no longer active? I need to update my goals from a couple of days ago...
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Hi all,

All the best for 2017!
    Goal for January: exercise at least 4x per week, drop to 13% body fat.

After a month-long hiatus (due to a fantastic holiday), it's time to get going.
    Just for today:
    1. Exercise
    2. Set up exercise plan for first 3 months
    3. Catch up on work
    4. Log all my food

• PackerFanInGB
    Is the original thread no longer active? I need to update my goals from a couple of days ago...

@axulvioleta6
    Yes, it is still active!
  • mytime6630
    Yesterday, 1/1
    1. log all food - no matter what I eat. Be accountable. :):/ I logged ALL my food - even the apple pie. A neighbor brought it over, and unfortunately I ate some. But ..... I logged it all!
    2. Drink water. Shoot for 6 glasses of water, just for today. :/ My biggest struggle.
    3. Exercise. If only 30 minutes, do something! :) Already accomplished this at the gym this morning :)
    4. Get back on here tomorrow, to let you guys know how I did. :)

Monday, 1/2
    I did OK yesterday, except for apple pie :/ / But I am proud of myself in the fact that I only had 1 piece, and, I logged it. Eating healthy is a lifestyle that I want to change, and the biggest thing, is to get right back on track.

so JFT, 1/2
    1. Exercise at least 30 minutes. :) Did this already! Trying to make this a daily habit.
    2. drink water - 2 glasses with each meal.
    3. log ALL food
    4. get back on here tomorrow
    5. lay out clothes for working out tomorrow morning.

So glad you are all joining me. So much easier to do with support and help from others, and I hope I can help you all as well!
  • Lynfitforlife
    Lynfitforlife Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, this sounds like fun. My goal for Monday is to eat four fruits or vegetables. Two already so I am hopeful!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I like this idea. :)

My goals for today:

- 10k steps
    - Stay within 100 of my calorie goal (plus or minus)
    - 4 tumblers of water (it's a 28oz tumbler)

I need to shed all the water weight that came with over indulging on snacks for the last week... Trying to fight through whatever illness has taken my sinuses and throat hostage.
  • I would like to join also....however, I am new to this message board stuff and need some hints & tips about it also. My goals in getting started are: #1 To START #2 To Log what I eat #3 Start some form of exercise
  • mytime6630

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That bookmarks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Jumping in:

For today:
    log food
    gym
    two 5 min breathing sessions

1/2 stats:
    weight 197.6
    bust 44.5
    waist 38
    hip 47.65
    thigh 26.75

goal 194 by 2/1
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    nehaad88 wrote: »
    I want to join too.. my short term goal is to start getting some form of physical activity in everyday. Long term goal is to lose 15 KGs from my current 85 to a 70.

Goal for today:
    1. drink plenty of water
    2. try to get at least 10k steps in
    3. be below calorie goal
    4. actually achieve the set goal...

Failed on each and every goal mentioned above.. except the water thing. so the goals for today remain the same. they will remain the same till I actually achieve them
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Today - (Monday, 1/2/17):
    1. Wake up early and GET UP :/ Slept late! Must've needed the rest. Had the day off, so it was all good.
    2. Eat only foods allowed on my plan and journal every bite :) Done
    2. Stop drinking coffee by 10:00 am and switch to water. HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE! ;) I got my water in, but didn't stop the coffee by 10 am, since I slept until 9:00!
    3. 30 minutes of activity :) Leslie Sansone DVD
    4. Meal Plan for the week and post on fridge :) Done
    5. Budget for 2017 with new goals in mind :/ Maybe tonight?
    6. Read or sew for a little bit today :) I read yesterday, a lot!
    7. Prepare for Tuesday's work day, on Monday tonight. :) Done
    8. Bedtime one hour early, unplug, read and journal :/
    9. One random act of kindness :)

Well, I did accomplish a lot of these, and the ones I didn't I actually did something else instead that was just as important to me, so all in all a good day! I've been doing this thread for awhile, so don't mind me if I put ALL my goals for today on here and not just MFP goals! :smile: It helps me focus.

Just for Today - 1/3
    1. Stick to meal plan and journal every bite
    2. Weigh in today and hope for the best
    3. HYDRATE with water
    4. Complete items on white board for work and check them off my list!
    5. Remove myself from gossip or drama seekers. I don't need it.
    6. Prepare for work tomorrow, tonight
    7. Work on 2017 budget
    8. 30 minutes of activity
    9. Unplug at 7:00 except for completing journal on MFP
    10. Bed one hour early to unplug, read and write in Gratitude Journal
    11. Perform one random act of kindness

One day at a time, one step at a time...we can do this!
    Tracie in WI
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Just For Today Tuesday January 3, 2017
    1. Log
    2. Jazzercise
    3. Putter in Garage
    4. Start Organizing Tax Stuff
    5. Movie & Dinner with Partner
    6. Random Act of Kindness
    7. Practice Mindfulness