Please wear underwear.....

julz1177
julz1177 Posts: 25 Member
I really don't care much what people wear to the gym. I see jeans shorts, pjs, and people hiding under hoodies, if they're comfortable that's great. However there is a guy at the gym that wears baggie thin work out shorts and you can see everything cause he doesn't wear underwear. I try not to look but when I'm on a machine and he's right in front of me I kinda have no choice.

Replies

• julz1177
    julz1177 Posts: 25 Member
    Yeah, I'm thinking about doing that.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    That is sexual harrassment/abuse. You need to report him to the management. Not kidding. You need to report at the front desk.

This
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Once at work. A customer came in for a rental being unaware his pants were not zipped up. Then I called our equipment checkout tech into the office, to help the customer with the checkout, and said coworkers pants were also unzipped. I had two smart hardworking dudes in my office, both unaware their pants were unzipped. I was always a bold upfront person at work. But something about that day I guess. I just didn't feel like saying, "Excuse me. Pants shall always be zipped up in my office. No matter who you are. Now both of you zip up, or get out."
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    My mom always told me to "keep it zipped"
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    That is sexual harrassment/abuse. You need to report him to the management. Not kidding. You need to report at the front desk.

Report him. Cutaway is right. Speak to a manager who has HR training and understands the delicacy/severity of the situation. At best the guy is clueless and needs to know; at worst he wants strangers to see his business -- textbook sexual harassment/abuse.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    Really? How does that qualify for abuse @Cutaway_Collar ?
    Wouldn't that make her look like the weirdo going to the mgr... "Excuse me. That man is sexually harrassing me because I can clearly see, when I stare at his crotch, that hes not wearing underware. " How would that complaint be taken? I don't know. I could be wrong.
    It comes under the indecent exposure category and the guy bloody well knows what he is doing.

He might be exposing his junk in front of other men, women and even minors - children under 18. I don't think this should even be up for debate ;)

exactly! she's most likely not the only one that he's flashing his junk too.

thin baggy gym shorts... he knows if his junk is showing. There is probably mirrors all around the gym like most gyms.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    gross :s
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Maybe he was just saying "Hi !" ?
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2017
    Indecent exposure is indecent exposure no matter the genitalia one has. Not only that but minors probably visit the gym as well and even if that's not the case that stuff should still be reported.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

You never hear of any woman soliciting a guy and sending a pic of her junk in the third or fourth text.

Dang. So that's what I'm doing wrong. I send my junk in the first text.

So how you doin? :D:*
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    @jtegirl1 wrote: »

You never hear of any woman soliciting a guy and sending a pic of her junk in the third or fourth text.

Yes you should. That would be legend because I have never heard of the V pic. Time to be edgy ;)

I've gotten one of those from a lesbian. Even when I told her I wasn't also a lesbian.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    You must not go out a lot. You know why some guys are asssholes? Coz some girl just wont get the hint and as far as exposing? Ever heard of the plumbers cleavage? Yeah when dude shows it they get this kind of response hey crack kills pull your pants up but you wont hear that if a girl was doing the mooning

99 % You are not in Live Audio without having Butt-Crack syndrome. Or your not really in Live Audio. Just look away. Its not intensional. Its almost a requirement. If you can't handle butt-crack. Get out of the business. When I had lost my 36 lbs, and needed a belt, they brought me some rope from the shop. Pants falling down syndrome. Not intensional. Soon after that, belt inventory was done.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,084 Member
    edited January 2017

I think calling it sexual harassment/abuse demeans real sexual harassment and abuse. It is, however, inappropriate and likely borderline if not outright considered indecent exposure. It is possible the person may not even realize how exposed he is. Either way, I think speaking to gym staff would be an appropriate way to deal with it since as a gym user the OP is not responsible to enforce things like this. Assuming he knows what is showing forgets how clueless people can be. Could it be intentional? Sure it could, but assuming it is is a dangerous road to go down, one which so many people do go down today always assuming the worst of people. Assume the best, report to the staff, and let them handle it. If the same user does it again after that find out if the staff warned him and if they didn't it is likely time to find a new gym. If they did, time to complain again because then the intent is obvious since he continues to do what he was warned about so if he was unaware before, he is aware now.
  • Motorsheen
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

Dang, I really, really like you.
  • Motorsheen
    angelxsss wrote: »
    @jtegirl1 wrote: »

Yes you should. That would be legend because I have never heard of the V pic. Time to be edgy ;)

I've gotten one of those from a lesbian. Even when I told her I wasn't also a lesbian.

Lol. That happened to me once too. She sent me pics of her boobs like that was going to do anything for me. I sent her a pic of mine back and told her I had a better rack than her. Awkward for all involved.

Some call that awkward.

I call it a win - win.