Issues with SO

2»

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    nesa98 wrote: »
    Yes... married with 4 kids ... it's getting to the point of me wanting to ditch him but he's very manipulative and will use the kids against me... it sucks

Use reverse physiology, against him instead!

What's reverse psychology against a manipulitive controlling assdick?

When people react the opposite way, in which they expect/desire you to; they either don't bother and/or change, how they; treat you!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Yes... married with 4 kids ... it's getting to the point of me wanting to ditch him but he's very manipulative and will use the kids against me... it sucks

sorry to hear that.

if there was an easy answer, you would have figured it out by now.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Stand up for yourself! You are in control of you and people that try to control you shouldn't be in your life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Karb_Kween wrote: »

Use reverse physiology, against him instead!

What's reverse psychology against a manipulitive controlling assdick?

When people react the opposite way, in which they expect/desire you to; they either don't bother and/or change, how they; treat you!

I'm mostly D on what I want so that wouldn't work for me ha
  • nesa98
    nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks everyone :)
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2017
    Children or not, unless talking really changes things completely and permanently I think you should try and find support to get out of the relationship, and get as much custody of the kids as you can too. Whatever he says it's far less healthy or safe for them to have to grow up with that kind of influence and it's not good for you either.

I do know it can be hard though, but there seem to be plenty of people here to support you if you need it and I wish you the best of luck.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Sounds like he's trying to hinder you. Does he have an insecurity issues?

I honestly believe he does ... no friends ... no nothing ... he has taken me away from all of mine plus my family ... hates me on social media, hates that I'm not up his *kitten* 24/7 ... if I'm in the bathroom he comes to check on me... if I'm helping our daughter with hw he checks up on me... like wtf am I doing that's so wrong? Nothing ... I'm a housewife with bad ptsd

Just curious, do you actually answer him when he does these things?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    I'd give advice but I'd probably be yelled at for not being married so I couldn't possibly be qualified to give advice.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    edited January 2017
    Before I started MFP in 2012, I use to eat nothing but junk food. My wife on the other hand ate healthy. I never forced her to eat the way I did and I was always impressed by her willpower to avoid the fried, fatty foods. She also never forced me to eat healthy. None of us fully knows your situation, but maybe have a heart to heart with your SO. Let him know EXACTLY how you feel. Remember, guys are not good at catching hints or reading in between the lines.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member

I honestly believe he does ... no friends ... no nothing ... he has taken me away from all of mine plus my family ... hates me on social media, hates that I'm not up his *kitten* 24/7 ... if I'm in the bathroom he comes to check on me... if I'm helping our daughter with hw he checks up on me... like wtf am I doing that's so wrong? Nothing ... I'm a housewife with bad ptsd

Sounds like you've got a whole lot more issues than just the not being supportive with eating healthy thing.

You need to get out.

I mean, checking up on you during bathroom time?! Hell no. No. Just no.
  • lavachickie
    lavachickie Posts: 18 Member

• JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member

I'm no expert but in most cases when someone is like that, not trusting no matter what you are doing they are usually doing something they shouldn't be.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member

I'm no expert but in most cases when someone is like that, not trusting no matter what you are doing they are usually doing something they shouldn't be.

Pretty much the 1st thought that came into my head....
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Playing devils advocate here:
    Maybe him being overbearing and continually checking up in her is due to some past issues of his. He sees her making life changes and it is making his insecurities run haywire.

Disclaimer:
    Dont take his *kitten* lightly. Take it as seriously as you would some random person constantly checking up on your kids. Having a controlling spouse is dangerous. Not being able to see how dangerous is the reason for many people no longer being able to be here today.