John's OMAD journey

leveejohn
leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
The holidays are officially out of the way, and starting OMAD on my last day off, Jan 2. It's morning, and sipping on black coffee. Not much to this post, just figuring out how to start a discussion thread.

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Howdy John!

Welcome aboard. It may or not take some time to adjust. Just keep plugging away and drink a lot of water when your fasting. Good luck!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome! :) Hope you enjoy the process with us!
  • leveejohn
    First day back at work yesterday was surprisingly bearable. Had a good day. Today I had to disappear for a while when lunches were brought in, I don't think I'm quite ready to be around that sort of thing. Fortunately my workplace has a gym and I spent 30 mins on the elliptical at a moderate pace. This afternoon was a bit tougher, but still bearable until my meal time (just finished - yay!). To be expected, or is this the first step on the path to overdoing it? I certainly hope it's just to be expected, and another part of the adjustment.
  • pauleta1000
    pauleta1000 Posts: 14 Member
    leveejohn wrote: »
    First day back at work yesterday was surprisingly bearable. Had a good day. Today I had to disappear for a while when lunches were brought in, I don't think I'm quite ready to be around that sort of thing. Fortunately my workplace has a gym and I spent 30 mins on the elliptical at a moderate pace. This afternoon was a bit tougher, but still bearable until my meal time (just finished - yay!). To be expected, or is this the first step on the path to overdoing it? I certainly hope it's just to be expected, and another part of the adjustment.

In my experience it's going to be hard at the beginning. Just keep in mind that this is the hardest part. I can promise you that OMAD gets easier as time goes. Once you become fat adapted, your body can seamlessly give you energy during the fast and appetite is naturally suppressed. You actually get to a stage where you don't even think about it. When your body makes this shift, you will know what I'm talking about straight away.
  • blambo61
    I had a tough day today. I think it depends on what you ate the night before. I try to make sure I get adequate protein in the evening to try to control hunger the next day. I ate a little bit of coconut oil at 2:00 p.m. and at 3:30 p.m because I was really hungry. I don't have to do that many days but occasionally I will do that when I'm really hungry and it gets me through (doesn't make me more hungry).
  • leveejohn
    Thank you both. It's actually been much easier than I thought this would have been. Anxious to see what the scale shows this weekend, and if I can make this past the 45 day mark (my previous record for these sort of things). I've been looking for something that can be a lifestyle, not a diet, and so far this looks like it might be it.
  • blambo61
    Thank you both. It's actually been much easier than I thought this would have been. Anxious to see what the scale shows this weekend, and if I can make this past the 45 day mark (my previous record for these sort of things). I've been looking for something that can be a lifestyle, not a diet, and so far this looks like it might be it.

When you hit maintenance, you will be able to open up your eating window more so that your just maintaining.
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    The first week is the hardest. Really the first 2 weeks, but I think week 2 wasn't so bad. After those first 2 weeks it's not so bad and then really you don't have the hunger so much at all. I drink a lot of water, but if you do feel hungry tea and coffee help a lot. In the beginning I drank coffee in the morning and tea at lunch and that helped me not feel hungry almost all day and by the time it was almost dinner time is when I started feeling hungry. Good luck. Best and easiest diet I've ever done. I've lost 35 pounds and I love this! I've got more to go and I'm gonna do it! We can do it!
  • leveejohn
    kabrigail wrote: »
    The first week is the hardest. Really the first 2 weeks, but I think week 2 wasn't so bad. After those first 2 weeks it's not so bad and then really you don't have the hunger so much at all. I drink a lot of water, but if you do feel hungry tea and coffee help a lot. In the beginning I drank coffee in the morning and tea at lunch and that helped me not feel hungry almost all day and by the time it was almost dinner time is when I started feeling hungry. Good luck. Best and easiest diet I've ever done. I've lost 35 pounds and I love this! I've got more to go and I'm gonna do it! We can do it!

Awesome! Actually it's pretty easy already. I just have to go do something else when they bring in food or start heating up lunches. But I was in a 3 hour meeting this afternoon with cookies in the room and it didn't bother me a bit.

I love the way all of y'all are so supportive!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    You are doing great and I know after a week or so you won't even be tempted by food because you will feel so good.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member

Awesome! Actually it's pretty easy already. I just have to go do something else when they bring in food or start heating up lunches. But I was in a 3 hour meeting this afternoon with cookies in the room and it didn't bother me a bit.

I love the way all of y'all are so supportive!

Super! You are adjusting quickly!
  • blambo61
    @leveejohn

Sometimes I'll grab a cookie from those meetings and wrap it up to have with my one meal later. Just saying. I hate missing out. This way I don't have to. Lol

I do that too!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Great, congratulations! :)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Nice loss!
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Very good! I think I lost 7 in my first week. It will slow down though because a lot of the 1st weeks loss is water/food weight so don't get disappointed but you should still lose a couple lbs/week. Good luck.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Welcome, John and great start!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Amazing loss John: Isn't it great that you get to eat what you want for dinner and still have the added bonus of losing weight. Love OMAD!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Great job, man!