Brides 2017

Hi everyone!
I am getting married in May and would like to know if there is a group of brides getting married this year to motivate each other!!

Cheers!!!

Replies

• mckenzers87
    mckenzers87 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm getting married in October and determined to be a much slimmer than I am now bride. This is a great idea, I could definitely do with some motivation and support.
  • LulaicaLoses
    LulaicaLoses Posts: 36 Member
    Yo. ;) I'm getting married at the end of September (9/23/17). I'm looking to lose around 25 pounds, look slimmer, and be in overall better health by then. I plan to start dress hunting next month or March so I'd like to be down a little by then so alterations can be limited.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Congrats everyone! I'm getting married next month and wouldn't mind the extra support. Feel free to add me :)
  • mikayduhhh
    mikayduhhh Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding in October 2017! Although I'm not the center of attention like you lovely ladies, I would still like to look good in my dress! :)
  • samweathers17
    samweathers17 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm getting married in October 2017 and want to loose at least 20lbs by summer and keep it off
  • samweathers17
    samweathers17 Posts: 7 Member
    Please add me if you like
  • alavocat92
    alavocat92 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm getting married July 15!!:)
  • KA0010
    KA0010 Posts: 8 Member
    Yay brides!!!
  • Shellyyy7928
    Shellyyy7928 Posts: 78 Member
    I've been engaged since 1/9/15. Our date is 7/29/17. Last year around April/May I found some inner strength and have been going slow and steady since (I've been on mfp since 2012, but it's been a major battle up and done). I'd say starting point last year was 170, done to 145 now. I'm hoping for 135/130 by the big day. Somewhat worried because I already have my dress and have lost 15 since buying it but the tailor said they can most likely go down 3 sizes with the dress lol. Slow and steady ladies and don't get discouraged!
  • lucyee
    lucyee Posts: 32 Member
    Hello, I'm getting married in September. I don't use mfp for food tracking regularly any more, as I have been around my current healthy weight for a couple of years without tracking, but have returned to lose the last 10-15lbs over the next six months or so - agree that slow and steady is the way to go!
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    I hope to see pics of everyone in their wedding dresses. You'll all look lovely. What colors will everyone wear, or will it just be white?
  • LulaicaLoses
    LulaicaLoses Posts: 36 Member
    We did honeymoon and wedding talk with friends of ours last night (over canasta and mulled wine). Which sort of surprised me this morning to see a good drop on the scale for the week overall (probs mostly early journey woosh).
    incisron wrote: »
    I hope to see pics of everyone in their wedding dresses. You'll all look lovely. What colors will everyone wear, or will it just be white?

I'm planning to wear slightly off white, though I haven't started dress hunting yet. But to save on costs and because there's a high potential for warm weather, I'm looking at shorter dresses (probably close to knee length, maybe a couple inches shorter). I'd like to incorporate the sage color into my wedding dress, but it depends on what my bouquet and accessories look like).
  • Fayeworth
    Fayeworth Posts: 60 Member
    I'm getting married in March so really not long. I lost 2 stone in 2015 and preceded to put half of that back on in 2016 but that's because I stopped MFP and got lazy. Been back on it for a week and had a whoosh of 6lbs so I know all that's water weight! Would love to join the group x
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Ahhh! Don't do it! It's a trap!

Haha! Nah, good luck!
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    I am getting married in March. Feel free to add me, could use the support!!
  • ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    Hello! I am getting married in April, have had my dress since last May. I lost 70 lbs in 2014/15, but put a bit back on after my engagement last year! I want to lost about a stone before my first dress fitting in mid-Feb so I am back on it, tracking, walking, running and lifting. After that, maybe a few more pounds, but that's mainly vanity. To be honest, I am much more focused on my honeymoon straight after my wedding. I want to look good on the beach and be comfortable exploring Vietnam with my new husband!

Good luck everyone, happy to chat and cheer each other on.
  • mmmkayk
    mmmkayk Posts: 3 Member
    alavocat92 wrote: »
    I'm getting married July 15!!:)

Me too! <3
  • mmmkayk
    mmmkayk Posts: 3 Member
    Getting married 15 July :) I have a hell of a lot to lose but as long as I look lovely I'll be happy :) my goal weight is down from 107kg to 70kg :) Also, it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one without a dress yet! Haha
  • vespin
    vespin Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having a destination wedding in June and want to lose 25lbs. Do you think it's possible or am I being too ambitious? I want to do it in a healthy way, no crash diets.