Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    I consider myself to be "diet agnostic". I don't follow any plan or specified pattern of eating, but respect others' rights to do so. As long as they aren't diet evangelists. They're the worst.

I do make an effort to eat mostly plants because they're tasty, cheap af and good for you. I also like to eat a small bit of chocolate because it's tasty.

Ugh I love plant foods but I find my foods go bad quicker than I can eat all of it so theyre expensive for me. I get full easily on things like fresh spinach but I love it as a meal addition.
  • Verity1111
    Actually, I would argue that it is healthIER to eat processed foods (etc) as a part of your diet if doing so keeps you on track. The least healthy thing would be to cut out and eliminate any food that isn't deemed "clean" or "good for you" and then give up. I don't think anyone here is getting the majority of their calories from Twinkies or ice cream multiple times a week.

So yeah, I eat all the foods. Yum! Nothing is off-limits as long as it fits into my goals. And you know what? Lots of times me working my "treats" into my day means I strive to be EXTRA active.

So tell me again how eating within your macro and calorie goals while also fitting in treats ruins my health. I'll wait...

This is exactly how I feel! I can't do it all fresh. Life is so stressful daily for me... I can barely keep up as it is and I am lucky to get 5 minutes to sit down and eat without being interrupted. I don't have time to cook 5 separate meals so my kids come first. I'm sure some people get their calories from ice cream lol Im not one to judge!!! I don't eat twinkies because of the beef fat (not vegetarian) but I do eat Otis Spunkmeyer creme cakes (the chocolate ones are amazing) every now and then!
  • Verity1111
    All so many good points!!! I cant even quote them all but I agree! Lol.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    ashycrew wrote: »
    Well so much for health !!!!!

This cracks me up. I don't understand why the quoted has to be mentioned. No one stated that they eat "junk food" all day every day. What OP was getting at is nutritious plus treats, or all foods in moderation. Nothing wrong with that. I find the quoted quite amusing and dramatic. Once still can be physically (and mentally) healthy including all foods in their diet. For some, including treats in their WOE actually helps them adhere to a deficit.

It is of a healthy mindset to eat foods without labeling them "good" or "bad". Demonizing foods can lead to orthorexia.

I eat processed meat substitutes and I eat fresh spinach arugala broccoli tomato celery carrots etc...and I eat chocolate covered fruit and frozen fruit smoothies...and I eat cheesecake fiber one (processed GASP) snackbars....and I eat lots of stuff. lol.

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

To be honest I just started trying them. I bought the strawberry cheesecake ones and I like them after putting them in the freezer for 30-60 minutes! IDK why they taste better to me that way. I always had super low fiber like 10-15grams per day was my high so I decided I needed to supplement somehow. This seemed as simple and useful of a way as any.

GUYS NO!! Nooooo!!!!!

I've tried the fiber one bars and hate them. They are so dry!! Try the special K brownies (80 calories) they are so delicious!!!!! So moist and amazing.

Lol. I love how dramatic you are. But yeah, I tried a fiber one bar once and it was disgusting. I didn't even finish it. Was definitely up there for the most tasteless food I've ever eaten
  • Verity1111
    If you try to eat perfect and exercise like crazy you set yourself yourself up for failure. Everybody has to take the step that is best for them. I found that sugar makes me hungry and is a trigger food for me. That means I can't eat 2 Hersey's kisses without eating the whole bag! I can, however, eat Buffalo Wild Wings with no problem! My philosophy is eat, pay attention how you feel, record everything, study your results, and don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Now, I am off to go eat some potato chips. B)

HA! I'm the opposite. Whenever I go to buffalo wild wings I literally PLAN to eat like 4000calories (or more?) Lol. But if its 1 day in longer than a month of time it will not kill me or even ruin my weight loss! I have proven that by losing 25lbs in less than 10 weeks. So obviously I'm doing fine pigging out once in a while. My usual calorie goal is 1200.

What even is a cheat meal if you don't go big or go home??? Lmao

Edit: idk why that quoted weird
    [/quote]

It sure dd but thats true lmso its always like $80 on the bill and we are so poor... my boyfriend cries inside every time Im sure. BUT that is why it's a very rare outing lol
  • Verity1111
    edited January 2017
    everher wrote: »

This cracks me up. I don't understand why the quoted has to be mentioned. No one stated that they eat "junk food" all day every day. What OP was getting at is nutritious plus treats, or all foods in moderation. Nothing wrong with that. I find the quoted quite amusing and dramatic. Once still can be physically (and mentally) healthy including all foods in their diet. For some, including treats in their WOE actually helps them adhere to a deficit.

It is of a healthy mindset to eat foods without labeling them "good" or "bad". Demonizing foods can lead to orthorexia.

I eat processed meat substitutes and I eat fresh spinach arugala broccoli tomato celery carrots etc...and I eat chocolate covered fruit and frozen fruit smoothies...and I eat cheesecake fiber one (processed GASP) snackbars....and I eat lots of stuff. lol.

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

To be honest I just started trying them. I bought the strawberry cheesecake ones and I like them after putting them in the freezer for 30-60 minutes! IDK why they taste better to me that way. I always had super low fiber like 10-15grams per day was my high so I decided I needed to supplement somehow. This seemed as simple and useful of a way as any.

GUYS NO!! Nooooo!!!!!

I've tried the fiber one bars and hate them. They are so dry!! Try the special K brownies (80 calories) they are so delicious!!!!! So moist and amazing.

Lol. I love how dramatic you are. But yeah, I tried a fiber one bar once and it was disgusting. I didn't even finish it. Was definitely up there for the most tasteless food I've ever eaten

I disagree! :P DOES NOT COMPUTE. The fiber one strawberry cheesecake bars I have here are delicious... o_o I am very picky about sweet treats/foods... I'm more of a salty, savory and spicy food person.
  • Verity1111

GUYS NO!! Nooooo!!!!!

NOOOOO gross! I can't stand those lol I am going to say the opposite of everything you just said Lol!

That does it. We can never be friends. HOW DARE YOU.

Totally kidding but girl you got to be tripping they are so good but so expensive :s

I have this thing about prepackaged brownies... after having fresh I just can't do it. lol. I love brownies too much to settle!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member

I'm normally not into the bars/etc but the Oats & Chocolate one is super yummy. My favorite way to get fiber in, and it tastes almost like a chocolate treat! Well worth the calories if fiber is what you're looking for