Lose 30 pounds by June 15th

Replies

• looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    Good morning! Happy weekend! There's supposed to be heavy rain all weekend, so we are staying inside where it's warm and dry. It feels like a good day to make chicken vegetable soup-- anyone have a tasty and healthy recipe they want to share?
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Hi, I am in the UK, I have between 5 and 6 stones to lose and hope to lose 52 pounds (close to 4 stones) this year. I am aiming at slow and steady but would love to follow this thread.
  • tgtaylor530
    tgtaylor530 Posts: 1 Member
    Would like to join the group too. I am new to this so we will see how this goes! Guess we could all use the support though. Here we go!
  • schris42
    schris42 Posts: 5 Member
    Okay, this week wasn't so good.

Sunday 12/25/16: 166.2 lbs (starting weight)
    Sunday 1/1/17: 163.0 lbs
    Sunday 1/8/17: 162.6 lbs

Diet not going so well. I hate being hungry! What is odd, is last week, after weighing myself at 163, I went on to have a bad day diet wise under the excuse of having a "day off". So I went to Olive Garden with friends and that day ended up eating more than 3000 calories! Needless to say, Monday morning my weight was more then 167lbs. And all this week I have been fighting to bring it back down. Each day it was a little lower and a little lower until I got it to what it is today. But by Thursday I was so hungry I sad "F- it, I am finished!" and raised my calories from 1200 to 1800 per day. I still exercise one hour per day, but I am sick of going hungry, being constantly hungry. And now instead of weight loss, I simply focus on eating healthy. Lots of fruits and veggies. My new strategy right now is to focus more on exercising, and eating right. I am not going hungry anymore, but at the same time I won't go back to eating chocolate and cookies. I am going to exercise, focus on eating a more "Mediterranean" style diet, but I am through measuring and counting calories.
  • looklucklove
    SW: 239 lbs 1/2/17
    CW: 232.5
    GW : 209 lbs by 6/15

It was a good week! 6.5 pounds gone, can't complain about that! It's amazing how much you can lose once you get really focused! :)

Now, don't get TOO excited. This is the first week, and I always pull big numbers the first week. I expect next week to be a much more reasonable number-- I'm guessing 2 pounds. Still, it's encouraging to be off to such a great start!

My food diary says I'm not eating enough, but I haven't been hungry, so I'm afraid that my calorie counts are wrong. I would hate to eat more just because it says i should and then not lose as much weight. I'm going to just keep on eating small meals when I'm hungry, cut out as much sugar as I can, and then I'll add in exercise once I hit a plateau. Maybe. I don't love to exercise, so I usually put it off as long as I can. Still waiting to find an athletic activity that I love!
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    It's a good day, loss only .4 lbs. today. More to come. Weight now 177.8
  • Amandae2017
    Amandae2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Starting weight: 199 current weight: 196

I'll take it!
  • AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    I'd like to lose 25 pounds by July 1st but, having done this before, I know that I'll hit plateaus and stay there for weeks at a time so, even if I stick to this faithfully, I'll be watching all of you pull ahead of me and, hopefully, reaching your 30 lbs. goal way before I reach my 20.
    scranney2 - can you make this into the kind of group where we can somehow have it pop up for us so we can see each other's comments and respond, without having to scroll around looking for the group comments? I did that once but I can't remember how. B)
    Good luck everybody!
    I'm a 64 year old yoga and meditation teacher. Been dieting basically all my life off and on.
    CW: 163
    GW: 140

<3
  • looklucklove
    Good evening! I'm sitting here, eating carrots and watching the nasty girls on The Bachelor. I used to eat a can of Pringles while watching, and eating carrots is a poor substitute! What do you do when you're in a situation where you would ALWAYS eat junk in the past?
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Good evening!

Can you portion out the pringles and only have one serving? I also try to have a food curfew of 6pm, I don't always manage it but it does stop a lot of mindless eating in the evening.
  • looklucklove
    LoraineGB wrote: »

Can you portion out the pringles and only have one serving?

Hahahaha.... That is what someone with willpower would do! Me... not so much! I was strong, no pringles for this girl, and my reward was I lost another pound and a half!

It's not my weigh in day, but I do weigh myself every day. I think most experts say you're only supposed to weigh yourself once a week, but that doesn't work for me. I HAVE to weigh in every day, just to see my results. I don't lose weight every day, but I want to make sure I'm not gaining. It's like I'm addicted to the scale. Does anyone else have a love affair with their scale?
  • WickedMotivated
    WickedMotivated Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2017
    Is it too late to join this? 30 lbs by my birthday (May 27) was my goal so this correlates perfectly. And I desperately need some motivational friends!! I am a 33 year old SAHM to a 4 year old, living in Maine. I go to school online and I used to be in the military but ever since I got out, I keep putting myself and my health on the back-burner. I am so unhappy with how I look now. Everyone, feel free to add me! I'm motivated and we can inspire each other!

LOSE 30# BY 6/15/2017
    CW 1/2/17: 202.8
    GW 6/12/17: 172.8
    UGW#1: 160

1/2: 202.8
    1/9: 201.2 (-1.6)
    1/16:
  • gobbgo110
    gobbgo110 Posts: 1 Member
    Would love to join - is it too late? I'm 49 and wanting to loose 35 pounds. This looks like a great group for me!
  • looklucklove
    It's never too late! Good luck!
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    I'm 50 years old and need to lose a great deal more than 30, but that will be a good start. :-)

SW: 218.9 lbs 1/8/17
    CW: 217.2
    GW : 189 lbs by 6/15
  • AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    Every other week I go to my daughter's house, spend the afternoon with her kids, spend the night and have the morning with my daughter on her day off before heading home. I don't get to plan the meals and the morning always includes treating her to a pampering brunch.
    I managed to stay within my 1200 calories a day this week with her but it sure wasn't easy!!
    Having 25 pounds to lose means learning how to manage my calorie intake away from home including restaurants and being a guest at other people's homes. TOUGH! Seems like it's the absolute most fun to eat at someone else's table.
    I know which choices to make but my question is - does anyone have any tips for doing it gracefully and without SO MUCH difficulty?
  • looklucklove
    That's a super success story! I think we all have that problem-- I'm going to my stepmother's house next week for her birthday. There's going to be a cake, a ton of awesome (and fattening) food, and absolutely no vegetables. But part of the reason I'm working so hard now is so I can enjoy a bit of indulgence later. I think it's perfectly acceptable to enjoy SMALL portions of everything when at someone's house, maybe say no thank you to the cake and the alcohol. Please and thank you are very graceful qualities.

Eating out is a little different, because even if you order a "healthy" entree, the portion sizes are huge! This is something I still struggle with. I TRY to divide my meal in half right away, and ask for a box immediately, so it's packed away and out of sight. Sometimes that doesn't work-- like I have a business trip next month, and it's super awkward to box up your steak right away when you're having dinner with clients! :)