Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    edited January 2017
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm eating before I leave- after eating today at lunch. My boss is shocked I'm eating again.

I'm totally amused at her shock- I told them I'm bulking- it's just so comical because they hear me- but when they actually see it happen- it's always something like "omg AGAIN"

Funny. My co-worker brought in tons of treats from Greece and was told by another co-worker how happy I was going to be because I still have three more weeks to eat all the food!

ETA: I think people have a lot of trouble understanding why a woman would want to gain weight.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    @RoxieDawn - calories are king in a bulk- you don't get bonus points for perfect macros.

Almost everything is backwards from a cut- where people go protein/fats/carbs.... reality is carbs are the way to go to fill it out.

Generally speaking anything over 100 grams of protein is good for us wee women.

thanks.. I am so glad I came here and posted my question. I was a bit miserable to say the least. I felt like a huge Chicken breast walking around so full of myself! lol

girl please- my go to is ice cream and full fat milk- I have no shame. You can only eat so much chicken breast and broccoli florets.

Think the exact opposite about dieting- like "avoid empty calories- look for nutritional dense food that is low calorie"

Do the opposite- drink more calories- eat more calorie heavy and not filling foods.

I'm surprised I'm only up to 2200 and already wondering how 600 calories more than my regular meals seems like so much more food.

I am at 2000 now.. I have never reached 2000 and have no idea what the heck has happened to me!!! LOL

I was trying to eat protein breakfast, post, lunch and dinner and when short (according to ??) a shake. I am tired of eating a boat load of egg whites, Canadian bacon, turkey sandwiches, and yeah chicken at dinner.

I am going to do things like waffles, etc.. for breakfast and ice cream sundaes at night..and chocolate whole milk.. I love chocolate milk..

I can get that 100 grams of protein through lunch and dinner and maybe a light snack. Anything past 110 grams I am like ick.. This sounds much more fun!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »
    I'm eating before I leave- after eating today at lunch. My boss is shocked I'm eating again.

I'm totally amused at her shock- I told them I'm bulking- it's just so comical because they hear me- but when they actually see it happen- it's always something like "omg AGAIN"

Funny. My co-worker brought in tons of treats from Greece and was told by another co-worker how happy I was going to be because I still have three more weeks to eat all the food!

ETA: I think people have a lot of trouble understanding why a woman would want to gain weight.

The girl at TJmaxx looked at me like I had 3 heads when I told her I wanted bigger shoulders- her look of disgust was absolute- they do- they just don't get it.
    Fortunately everyone here KNOWS I'm doing it- this is the 3rd or 4th year to do this- so it's not new- but they still always are surprised when I actually start EATING for real.
    @RoxieDawn - calories are king in a bulk- you don't get bonus points for perfect macros.

Almost everything is backwards from a cut- where people go protein/fats/carbs.... reality is carbs are the way to go to fill it out.

thanks.. I am so glad I came here and posted my question. I was a bit miserable to say the least. I felt like a huge Chicken breast walking around so full of myself! lol

girl please- my go to is ice cream and full fat milk- I have no shame. You can only eat so much chicken breast and broccoli florets.

Think the exact opposite about dieting- like "avoid empty calories- look for nutritional dense food that is low calorie"

Do the opposite- drink more calories- eat more calorie heavy and not filling foods.

I'm surprised I'm only up to 2200 and already wondering how 600 calories more than my regular meals seems like so much more food.

I am at 2000 now.. I have never reached 2000 and have no idea what the heck has happened to me!!! LOL

I was trying to eat protein breakfast, post, lunch and dinner and when short (according to ??) a shake. I am tired of eating a boat load of egg whites, Canadian bacon, turkey sandwiches, and yeah chicken at dinner.

I am going to do things like waffles, etc.. for breakfast and ice cream sundaes at night..and chocolate whole milk.. I love chocolate milk..

I can get that 100 grams of protein through lunch and dinner and maybe a light snack. Anything past 110 grams I am like ick.. This sounds much more fun!
    Excellent- you'll still struggle- it's a lot of food for us wee folk- but it's MUCH easier- and much more enjoyable when you aren't completely stuffed to the point of discomfort.

I am currently eating 5 eggs and 5 egg whites for dinner with bacon. And then I have a glass of milk and polish it off with some ice cream.

So yeah- the egg life continues- but it's not nearly as egregious when you can float in some filler foods that are high calorie.

I think I'll finish around 3k by the time I'm done- 3-3500. It's SO much- but funny- the guys at my gym are like "I'm miserable- I'm cutting- and I'm at 2800"

oh Fk off and die mate. LOL
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017

The girl at TJmaxx looked at me like I had 3 heads when I told her I wanted bigger shoulders- her look of disgust was absolute- they do- they just don't get it.
    Fortunately everyone here KNOWS I'm doing it- this is the 3rd or 4th year to do this- so it's not new- but they still always are surprised when I actually start EATING for real.

Excellent- you'll still struggle- it's a lot of food for us wee folk- but it's MUCH easier- and much more enjoyable when you aren't completely stuffed to the point of discomfort.

I am currently eating 5 eggs and 5 egg whites for dinner with bacon. And then I have a glass of milk and polish it off with some ice cream.

So yeah- the egg life continues- but it's not nearly as egregious when you can float in some filler foods that are high calorie.

I think I'll finish around 3k by the time I'm done- 3-3500. It's SO much- but funny- the guys at my gym are like "I'm miserable- I'm cutting- and I'm at 2800"

oh Fk off and die mate. LOL

Holy batman the end of this is so freakin funny!

It was not so bad at Christmas time cause a lot of things were calorie dense, but they were carefully placed on my diet, and while I may be low in protein those days, I was able to eat the calories fine..

The past weeks since the holidays are over and back on point with diet, I found I am satisfied with 500 less. I know to grow I have to eat, but the "body" cannot flip out on me. lol

My head is back where it needs to be.. and thank you!!!

btw I asked hubs to stop at the store and get me full fat milk and some ben and jerry's... lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Holy crap- the name change... why?!?!?

WHY LOL
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

How long does it take you to get through this @JoRocka? This is my first bulk.

The panic for me was a 2-3 week process- after that in to month four I sort of accepted the fatness.

I still had bad days- but they weren't nearly as crippling. Like- my "bad" weeks - are like ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT- vs- "man I feel fat- where's my pizza"

Keep going. You got this- push through till at least month 4- usually once you get into month 4 you can make it another couple weeks- this is EXACTLY why I aim for 4-6- at a minimum I can make 4 months- and then usually push into month 5- but I can just push to month 4 I'll feel like I accomplished what I wanted- then feel better into month 4.
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I've been eating a gifted bag of reese's pieces for the last 3 days. I blame it on bulking. Sorry not even CLOSE to sorry.

It took you 3 days? That's one night.

I ate a whole bag (the big bag) of peanut m&m's on sunday.
    #noshame.

I still have one of those "share size" bags of coffee and nut m&ms that I picked up to try. Even in a bulk, I can't seem to bring myself to eat them. They've been sitting on my desk for a month now, and every time I look at them, I just immediately "nope".

Yes, there is something wrong with me.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member

WHY LOL
    I think I am hitting that 3 month wall that @JoRocka has been talking about. I am starting to think wtf am I doing to myself. I feel fat. I know logically I am not fat. I know logically that a few more pounds and 7 more weeks won't make me enormous. Emotional I have been a little bit of a wreck. I keep arguing with myself to keep going. I set a goal and I should stick with it. Then I start thinking maybe I am just being stubborn and maybe it really is time to quit bulking - I might regret it if I don't stop.

The panic for me was a 2-3 week process- after that in to month four I sort of accepted the fatness.

I still had bad days- but they weren't nearly as crippling. Like- my "bad" weeks - are like ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT- vs- "man I feel fat- where's my pizza"

Keep going. You got this- push through till at least month 4- usually once you get into month 4 you can make it another couple weeks- this is EXACTLY why I aim for 4-6- at a minimum I can make 4 months- and then usually push into month 5- but I can just push to month 4 I'll feel like I accomplished what I wanted- then feel better into month 4.
    I've been eating a gifted bag of reese's pieces for the last 3 days. I blame it on bulking. Sorry not even CLOSE to sorry.

#noshame.

I still have one of those "share size" bags of coffee and nut m&ms that I picked up to try. Even in a bulk, I can't seem to bring myself to eat them. They've been sitting on my desk for a month now, and every time I look at them, I just immediately "nope".

OMG - I love the coffee & nut! I have not seen it around though. I think it was a limited edition. The last time I had it I ate the share size bag by myself. I was only going to eat half but...ya once it is open how can I just let it sit there! :wink:

Thanks @JoRocka! I have decided to adopt that mindset. Just get through this month...I am trying not to think of how long I have to go. It is kinda hard to ignore my thighs though! At least they make my calves look small!
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Mid-bulk and I just upped cals again. The higher I increase cals the tougher its getting to eat this much food. I never thought I would ever say that.. hubs is laughing at me all the way to the kitchen cause we never thought I would have this problem..

It really is getting to be an issue, I stabilized in weight for the past 14 days (+/- a couple of ounces) and with the increase its getting worse..

Ladies can anyone give me a pointer or two?

Lately I have had to add a high cal smoothie every other day or everyday if needed (bananas, berries, protein, almond butter, whole milk or yogurt etc). So it will be around 600-800 cals but of course you can modify it so suit your calorie needs.

I add extra nut butters and olive oil to stuff, I also eat a lot of pasta, rice and bagels. I tend to cut down a bit of fiber because it is very filling for me so that helps. Also I am now adding homemade whip cream to everything! YOM!

I am at 30% protein its 166 grams a day.. I am getting about 140 usually and I am stuffed to the gills after eating this much protein.. Do I need this much at 116 pounds?

Ya that is a lot of protein..I would aim for 0.8-1g per lb or even per lb lean body mass which is more than enough. I tend to up my protein when I am cutting A) Because it is more important during a cut vs. bulk and B ) because I find it very filling
    psuLemon wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Mid-bulk and I just upped cals again. The higher I increase cals the tougher its getting to eat this much food. I never thought I would ever say that.. hubs is laughing at me all the way to the kitchen cause we never thought I would have this problem..

It really is getting to be an issue, I stabilized in weight for the past 14 days (+/- a couple of ounces) and with the increase its getting worse..

Ladies can anyone give me a pointer or two?

Lately I have had to add a high cal smoothie every other day or everyday if needed (bananas, berries, protein, almond butter, whole milk or yogurt etc). So it will be around 600-800 cals but of course you can modify it so suit your calorie needs.

I add extra nut butters and olive oil to stuff, I also eat a lot of pasta, rice and bagels. I tend to cut down a bit of fiber because it is very filling for me so that helps. Also I am now adding homemade whip cream to everything! YOM!

I am at 30% protein its 166 grams a day.. I am getting about 140 usually and I am stuffed to the gills after eating this much protein.. Do I need this much at 116 pounds?

No. At most you would be fine with 1g per lb. But even that is a bit much for a bulk.

So I can cut back the protein to like 20% and hit about 120 to be fair?

Anywhere between 100 to 120g is more than enough.

OMG this is very good news LOL.. I need to cut the fat free stuff too.. Ok to go higher on my fats or not?

I would cut down on protein, and yes it's fine to increase the fat (I mean, as long as it doesn't crowd out your carbs or make you go over your surplus) Do you find fats particularly filling? For me they are not at all so I keep them high. I could drizzle fresh olive oil all over my veggies adding like 300 cals and not even notice, haha.

I made fireplace smores two nights in a row to meet my cals the past few days! Seriously after all the daily protein, etc.. I felt horribe.

I use the stove. I have occasionally bought mini marshmallows and used them on toothpicks with a lighter lol
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Found the advanced strong curves spreadsheet. IDK about Turkish get ups and kneeling cable anti-rot press(what the heck is that?) Also, no equipment for back ext, side bend, and no cables. I was thinking of throwing Jillian's 6 wek six pack abs in the mix to cover some of that stuff. Also, is doing regular bench ok instead of incline dumbbell? I could subst. Good mornings for back ext and romanians or sumo deadlifts for cable pull throughs?
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member

For me, generally it helps them to understand that I feel gross because I look like a skeleton. When it's put so bluntly people get it
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Found the advanced strong curves spreadsheet. IDK about Turkish get ups and kneeling cable anti-rot press(what the heck is that?) Also, no equipment for back ext, side bend, and no cables. I was thinking of throwing Jillian's 6 wek six pack abs in the mix to cover some of that stuff. Also, is doing regular bench ok instead of incline dumbbell? I could subst. Good mornings for back ext and romanians or sumo deadlifts for cable pull throughs?

Do you have a band you could use for the pull throughs instead of cables? I just tie it to something sturdy and walk away far enough that I get a good amount of resistance.
    I have always done side bends with a dumbbell in one hand, or a plate/kettle bell/etc.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I have a latex band. I could stand on it and pull? I also have a small loop I could use for leg lifts and clams. Would 6 week six pack abs cover the core work?
  • ishmallow
    ishmallow Posts: 23 Member
    In a few weeks I'm on track to weigh the most I ever have in my life :# goal cal is 3700~ and I'm breaking through every day. After a few screw ups (about a 15 days wasted at deficit + not lifting or logging), I've gained 15 lbs in the past 3.5 months.

Feels insanely good watching the scale rise and the lifts go up. Only helps to hold myself even more accountable.

My short term goal, hitting 185. Long term... being 200+ meat boy ... Someday :)

Things that helped me was buying easy eats to down if I'm at a deficit past dinner and mixing up my shakes.

Peanut butter, trail mix, whey, milk, eggs (boiled or raw), and raisins are my consistent heavy hitters besides my lunch & dinner meals. What other stuff are you all throwing in for easy eat big digits??
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

WHY LOL

#noshame.

OMG - I love the coffee & nut! I have not seen it around though. I think it was a limited edition. The last time I had it I ate the share size bag by myself. I was only going to eat half but...ya once it is open how can I just let it sit there! :wink:

Thanks @JoRocka! I have decided to adopt that mindset. Just get through this month...I am trying not to think of how long I have to go. It is kinda hard to ignore my thighs though! At least they make my calves look small!

It was a limited flavor, but it was part of one of those "vote for the best flavor" things, and it won. As such, it's being stocked again. I've seen them in Sheetz, Wawa, and Walmart even in the last week.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited January 2017
    ishmallow wrote: »
    In a few weeks I'm on track to weigh the most I ever have in my life :# goal cal is 3700~ and I'm breaking through every day. After a few screw ups (about a 15 days wasted at deficit + not lifting or logging), I've gained 15 lbs in the past 3.5 months.

Feels insanely good watching the scale rise and the lifts go up. Only helps to hold myself even more accountable.

My short term goal, hitting 185. Long term... being 200+ meat boy ... Someday :)

Things that helped me was buying easy eats to down if I'm at a deficit past dinner and mixing up my shakes.

Peanut butter, trail mix, whey, milk, eggs (boiled or raw), and raisins are my consistent heavy hitters besides my lunch & dinner meals. What other stuff are you all throwing in for easy eat big digits??

What is a "meat boy"?
  • leajas1

WHY LOL

#noshame.

Wait...coffee and nut M&M's?? Must find. My daughter also spoke to me of mocha pop tarts but I think she just likes to play mean tricks on me.
  • leajas1
    ishmallow wrote: »

What is a "meat boy"?

And does it come on a stick? Things taste better when they come on a stick. Sometimes.
  • leajas1

Yes, I would think regular bench press, being one of the main compound moves would be absolutely fine instead of incline dumbbell.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Ooooooooo!!!!!! A bulking thread!!! Woohoo!!!

I'm going the Alan Thrall route.....eat a lot of whole foods (eggs, chicken, beef, pork, rice, peanut butter, ice cream, whole milk, and so on....) and just not track for awhile.

I get so caught up in the numbers that I just go in circles and can never mentally get over 170lbs.... So far so good!

Goal weight: 180-185 for now.
    Program: 3-day/wk Main Lift auto regulated and then hitting full body with accessory work.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    edited January 2017
    Not bulking, but I want to chime in about Strong Curves for @DancingMoosie . Bret has a clear method to how he lays out his programs, and IMO as long as you go with along with his template, you'll get somewhere. His programs are laid out like this:
    -Glute-focused movement
    -Pull (back)
    -Quad-focused
    -Push (chest/shoulders)
    -Hamstring-focused
    -Glute accessory
    -Linear Core
    -Lateral Core

Stick to that template and pick exercises you can do with the equipment on hand.

Even though he has an A, B, and C day, the C day is a variant on the A day. A is a "primary" day, B is an "accessory" day, and C is a "primary-ish but with variants to make sure we've covered all our bases" day. If you're only lifting two days a week, you have some options:
    -Mash A and C together one day and do B the other day (That should make A the day you're using barbells and B the day you're using cables, IIRC.)
    -Alternate between A and C so you're barbell-focused, then add in a couple of accessory exercises (OHP, step-ups, clams, perhaps). I think I'd lean toward this option.

Specifically about the incline press: since upper body takes a back seat to lower body in this program, he's trying to hit your chest and shoulders at the same time with incline press. If you're going to drop this for bench press, it would be a good idea to add in a shoulder accessory.

Specifically about the ab work: Bret loves RKC planks because you engage your glutes while doing them. Beyond that, do whatever ab work gets your whole core and call it a day.

Back to lurking now... I love this thread.
  • ishmallow
    ishmallow Posts: 23 Member
    What is a "meat boy"?

A boy, made entirely of meat.