Food help please

So in general what kind of dinner is everyone having? I'm trying to get healthier and leaner but it gets so boring! Any advise from the pros or older members on here ?

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Tonight I had salad (spinach, romaine lettuce, sliced mushrooms, ranch dressing) topped with roasted chicken (I roasted a whole chicken in the oven at 400 Fahrenheit for 1 hour 12 minutes).
    Might seem a little boring- just salad and chicken- but it tasted great!
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2017
    Prawn (or shrimp if u like) stirfry..lots of fresh veggies.. with a curry sauce homemade . Can have it with 1/4 to 1/3 cup rice if I have enough calories left for today
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Tonight we had home made chicken fajitas :) I cooked the chicken breasts in olive oil and salt free spices, then threw in bell peppers and onions. They were served on whole grain flour tortillas with a little fresh salsa, romaine, and shredded cheese. It took 30 minutes to complete the meal and it was delicious!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    You can eat what you like.... As long as it fits your goals.

Today I haven't eaten, and dinner is in a couple of hours. I have a massive frittata with loads of vegies, cheese and a bit of bacon, along with a salad, then Yoghurt (natural yoghurt made chocolatey with cacao and sweetened with stevia) with frozen berries, pineapple and nuts.

During the week it's a lean protein and vegies or salad and roast sweet potato - sounds boring but there's a million combos, so many different ways to prep and combos of spices/herbs to use.
  • eddierichardson73
    eddierichardson73 Posts: 41 Member
    My wife made tacos with ground turkey. I seen a article on making cauliflower shells for the tacos I am excited to try. Also made my first spaghetti squash the other day. You can add ground turkey or grilled chicken to sauce to go with it. Really good and low calories. Hope this helps if you would like to add me as a friend please do so.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'm going out, had a look at the menu and probably going to have seafood risotto and chocolate brownie :smiley:
  • broddy90
    broddy90 Posts: 7 Member
    Looking at the menu before I go out may be something I should try. I think I did pretty good yesterday at my parents when they ordered out . I'm glad I am still maintaining my diet . Combos and variation I'm seeing is key . I just deff need to work oh being creative with the food .
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    I like skinnytaste online for recipes
  • Fififox9
    Fififox9 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2017
    The other day I made up a tray of roasted vegetables with spices , a tray of roasted butternut squash with herbs and some spiced tomatoes to give me a few starting points for meals. Day 1 I had some spiced basmati with a little of those 3 things on top and a homemade curry sauce on top. I try to not always mix all the veggies into one dish as then every day tastes the same. It was fab! The next day for lunch I made roasted vegetable and butternut squash soup. The next day I fried basmati rice with spring onion, egg and lots of mushrooms and chopped butternut and roast veg. Today I finished off the spiced tomatoes with passata and stock to make a lovely tomato soup. So for an hours prep I got great mileage and varied meals over about 3 days. I mixed it up around those meals with a bit of chicken, homemade baked fries, etc so I wouldn't get bored.
  • kathykrupa297
    kathykrupa297 Posts: 29 Member
    Those are some great ideas. For lunch I am lazy so I just take a salad and a can of lemon pepper tuna. For dinner usually chicken with some veggies. If I have carbs I try to have them in the am
  • broddy90
    broddy90 Posts: 7 Member
    I am trying to limit my carbs but omg I love carbs . Today for dinner I am having chicken teriyaki I made but only a cup for the rice . It's hard cooking everyday . Like getting creative and doing stuff that's still affordable and not so time consuming .
  • FunkJunkie394
    FunkJunkie394 Posts: 5 Member
    broddy90 wrote: »
    Looking at the menu before I go out may be something I should try... .

Yeah keep on doing that! They did a study and people who decide what they want ahead of time make healthier choices. I look at the menu before I go out so I have time to weigh out my healthy options BEFORE I am hungry and smelling all the delicious things in the restaurant.

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Tonight I had a PB&J and Fritos.
    Other nights recently I've had:
    *Turkey club from Steak n' Shake
    *1/2 double cheeseburger from Culver's
    *kids size meat lasagna from Fazoli's
    *homemade chili made with ground turkey
    *homemade spaghetti made with ground turkey
    *smothered burrito from Taco Bell (no rice or chipotle sauce)
    *grilled chicken
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Tonight I had pulled pork, mac & cheese, and baked beans. Planning ahead, prelogging for the day, and managing your portion sizes for the day can help a lot. I had veggie soup for lunch, so I was able to splurge a bit at dinner.

I eat a lot of stir fry, soups, chili, taco bowls, and things like that. Sites like Pinterest or Skinnytaste have great recipes to try. But mostly I've just learned through trial & error which of my usual meals pre-weight loss still work for me.
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    I try and cook a few days worth of meals at a time to help keep myself on track. I look at Pinterest a lot for ideas because I'm a visual person and need to see pictures. This week I'm having lemon, garlic and rosemary chicken breasts with steamed green beans and roasted baby potatoes. Last week I did chicken fajita burrito bowls with black beans and cilantro lime brown rice. I might do those again next week!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    I try and make enough for at least 2 meals at a time too. Chicken and veggies is always a staple. One of my favorite and most delicious meals is a turkey burger (just the patty) with one oz of blue cheese on it and a TON of sautéed mushrooms. It is delicious!

Stuffed peppers are always good....lasagna stuffed peppers, (ricotta on the bottom, chunky spaghetti sauce, then mozzarella on top) Spanish rice stuffed peppers (brown rice, black beans, salsa, peppers, topped with cheddar) are family favorites

Tomorrow night we are having pork tenderloin, cauliflower "rice" and mushroom gravy to smother it all in!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Tonight was stir-fry. It's nothing fancy, just a bunch of various vegetables with a small piece of meat with a little piece of buttered bread, some beans for fiber and some pasta for starch.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    edited January 2017
    Over the last week or so I've had:

Chicken and crispy veg stirfry with chilli, ginger and lime with brown rice
    Marinated tandoori chicken with brown rice, yoghurt and mint dip and rocket salad
    Salmon, brown rice with red pesto, spinach and grilled veg
    Salmon with roasted sweet potato and med veg with greek yoghurt dip
    Steak, grilled tomato and salad
    Peppers stuffed with moroccan spiced brown rice, tomatoes and sultanas with spinach

All coming in at under 500 calories :smile: My diary is set to public so feel free to have a look!

Em x
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Hutspot - Carrots diced, onion potato mash. With slow cooked meat
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    I had a chicken caeser salad.