Cookie Recipie Please

Hi All,

I am an avid baker, (understatement of the year), anyways my kids love to help, and my daughter favors cookies. I am tired of making chocolate chip, and oatmeal raisin or choc chip..............anyone have any yummy recipie's to share?

Thanks in advance......

Replies

• cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Very kid friendly snack - not necessarily a cookie:

Waffle pretzel squares
    Hershey Kisses
    M & Ms

Heat oven to 170 degrees. On a baking sheet, place pretzel waffle squares, add UNWRAPPED hershey kiss on top of each. Base for 4-6 minutes until chocolate softens when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove from oven and add an M & M on top of each hershey kiss and press down slightly. Allow treats to cool then place in fridge to set, about 10 minutes. Delish, fun for the kids to do and a "little" snack at that time of the month - sweet & salty.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Lisa Lillien aka Hungry Girl has a ton of yummy cookie recipe's that are nutritious and fun for the whole family!! I love her sense of humor and style when it comes to cooking... She is awesome!! Have fun and enjoy! :)
  • Sounds fun,, but I have to ask What are waffle pretzels? lol I am in Newfoundland Canada and I have to say I dont recall every seing them! I am assuming they are like the waffle fries only pretzels!

Thanks for the recipie!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chewy-low-fat-banana-nut-oatmeal.html

I made these and they are sooo good!!
  • cedarhurst2006
    Check your chip/snack aisle. They are pretzels which are shaped like pretzel squares. Afterthought: maybe not the healthiest recipe in the world.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Very kid friendly snack - not necessarily a cookie:

Waffle pretzel squares
    Hershey Kisses
    M & Ms

Heat oven to 170 degrees. On a baking sheet, place pretzel waffle squares, add UNWRAPPED hershey kiss on top of each. Base for 4-6 minutes until chocolate softens when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove from oven and add an M & M on top of each hershey kiss and press down slightly. Allow treats to cool then place in fridge to set, about 10 minutes. Delish, fun for the kids to do and a "little" snack at that time of the month - sweet & salty.

Instead of a hershey kiss you can use a rolo. These are very easy and very good.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    How about peanut butter cookies? You can also make peanut butter or sugar cookies and then dip them in melted chocolate then let dry. Go to betty crocker or pillsbury.com and you will find so many different recipes you could make.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    I messaged you one. Very good.
  • cedarhurst2006
    Ooops - bake at 170 degrees for 4-6 minutes and you can also use a Hersey Hug, which I think is with white chocolate.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Meringues are low cal and use only a few ingredients, egg whites, cream of tarter, sugar, and whatever you want to flavor it with, cocoa powder, extracts etc.
  • Samij11
    Samij11 Posts: 2
    Once you have added a recipe to the database is there a way you can share it with your friends so they can add it to their diary??

And they dont have to add it all over again?
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    These look really good if you like chocolate and peanut butter

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/double_peanut_butter_chocolate_cookies.html
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    I'm not sure how healthy this is but it's really easy and takes only 3 ingredients:

1 cup of PB
    1 cup of sugar
    1 beaten egg

Mix ingredients together well and roll like regular pb cookies with fork marks and all. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until they start to brown!!!! DELICIOUS :)
  • laura843
    laura843 Posts: 1 Member
    Sounds like the perfect treat...easy & yummy. I'll be giving these a try. Thanks for sharing.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    make a sugar cookie mix and add chocolate chips white or milk. put it in like a cookie sheet an spead out even. bake then top when cool with cake icing and add nuts cocount or any other topping you like
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Hey I love cookies too...please check the below link for my blog...please let me know how you like them :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/deborahmorris

Enjoy!!