Kristen's journey (secret despair 30)

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Joe talks about the sense of wellbeing that comes when fasting and getting through the adjustment period. Is this what you mean about "hunger high"?

Or do you get a high after being hungry and eating sweets? These would be two entirely different things.

Some people talk about "runners' high". But I have not gotten to that level of fitness where I've experienced that.
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    the hunger high is where u feel hungry during the fasting state, so u feel like u can get alot done during the times u dont eat. The hunger pangs are a sign of strength and they say u can have more energy to be more productive.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    the hunger high is where u feel hungry during the fasting state, so u feel like u can get alot done during the times u dont eat. The hunger pangs are a sign of strength and they say u can have more energy to be more productive.

Ok thanks, I do like not having to worry about eating and having the free time to do things and I can have good mental clarity while fasting also so that is my high by that definition. If I get too hungry though (hunger pangs), I might view that as a sign of strength in will power to not eat but I also recognize that as making me weak concentration-wise because if I'm having hunger pangs, I can't concentrate at work and I will need to eat or take some coconut oil so I can get back to work. I can't let it effect my work.
  • secret_despair30
    Hey guys, just a tiny little update, I just bought a new treadmill and it will be delivered sometime today. I wanted to share because im so excited!! Now I can keep increasing my exercise routine, because before the only way I could walk was by making my boyfriend drive all over town and maybe I can do laps around the local mall, which is stressful enough because I dont like to be around people! its been raining alot more than usual here, so going outside has not been an option and the "gym" which is a tiny closet that consists of a bowflex and a broken treadmill, and is never open!
    So im hoping getting one of my very own will eliminate most of the stress and hassle I have to go through every single day, and put him through just to burn off my daily meal.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    That's awesome :) you can walk regardless of weather and your mood!
  • secret_despair30
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    That's awesome :) you can walk regardless of weather and your mood!

Yes exactly!!

• blambo61
    Nice! Listen to some music, watch TV, or just think while walking!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm happy for you, that's great! I had one too, a long time ago, and watching tv while walking makes the time just fly by. Also, if you get too warm, you can wear (or not wear) what ever you want, that's the best part of exercising at home... ;)
  • secret_despair30
    edited January 2017
    id actually like to document my first time using it, but im not sure how to log exercise on the site
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Have you got a heart rate monitor? That would be the best way to determine how much you burn, if that's what you'd like to know?
  • secret_despair30
    Have you got a heart rate monitor? That would be the best way to determine how much you burn, if that's what you'd like to know?

actually no, I was talking about logging it here in mfp

• secret_despair30

actually no, I was talking about logging it here in mfp

Actually I just figured it out, never mind.

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Nice! Listen to some music, watch TV, or just think while walking!

I like listening to a good audiobook as well... might be something you'd like to try if you like reading
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Hey guys, just a tiny little update, I just bought a new treadmill and it will be delivered sometime today. I wanted to share because im so excited!! Now I can keep increasing my exercise routine, because before the only way I could walk was by making my boyfriend drive all over town and maybe I can do laps around the local mall, which is stressful enough because I dont like to be around people! its been raining alot more than usual here, so going outside has not been an option and the "gym" which is a tiny closet that consists of a bowflex and a broken treadmill, and is never open!
    So im hoping getting one of my very own will eliminate most of the stress and hassle I have to go through every single day, and put him through just to burn off my daily meal.

Awesome news! Congrats!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    I have some Leslie Sansone DVD which are basically indoor walking. There are usually some YouTube videos of her to check out.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I use Leslie DVD's too....I have to turn the volumn down because she talks a little too much for me but other than that they are easy to do and it's a good workout.
  • secret_despair30
    Sort of an update:

Ive been trying to log and update on mfp more. I dont exactly log everything especially food, because I always eat out, but but I log what I can, so I do now have a few "diary" entries and status updates. Read them if u dare though, because they aren't exactly that positive, but who says positive is the only way to go? Id rather be thin than happy!
  • blambo61
    Sort of an update:

Ive been trying to log and update on mfp more. I dont exactly log everything especially food, because I always eat out, but but I log what I can, so I do now have a few "diary" entries and status updates. Read them if u dare though, because they aren't exactly that positive, but who says positive is the only way to go? Id rather be thin than happy!

Please don't be negative! Being positive can be a choice. We all have issues to deal with but we choose how to deal with them. I think you, and me, will be more happy when we deal with issues positively. Not saying the issues don't exist, just that we need to learn how to deal with them in a positive way. Take care.
  • secret_despair30
    blambo61 wrote: »

Please don't be negative! Being positive can be a choice. We all have issues to deal with but we choose how to deal with them. I think you, and me, will be more happy when we deal with issues positively. Not saying the issues don't exist, just that we need to learn how to deal with them in a positive way. Take care.

I dont deserve to be happy! :'(

• secret_despair30
    edited January 2017

Besides, I feel like im eating too much, even in my one meal! It doesn't even feel like im fasting. I consume on average 400-800 cals a day.