How do you measure food amount?

galovesongs
galovesongs Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Hi, there's a question that's nagging in my mind since joining myfitness pal and that is, how do I measure the amount of food I eat?

For food that comes in a package, I read the package, but what about those I buy from eateries? How do I know how much it weighs (e.g. 100g, 3 oz, etc)?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid. =X But hope someone will help me here.

Replies

• Hi, there's a question that's nagging in my mind since joining myfitness pal and that is, how do I measure the amount of food I eat?

For food that comes in a package, I read the package, but what about those I buy from eateries? How do I know how much it weighs (e.g. 100g, 3 oz, etc)?

Sorry if this question sounds stupid. =X But hope someone will help me here.
  • kimber
    kimber Posts: 7 Member
    if you are eating in a restaurant ask if they have a nutrition guide some do i am a cook at an italian restaurant and if you really want mesurments ask the server to find out there should be reciipies for them to look at or they can ask the cooks how much chicken is in a dish they usualy know the weight because everything is a portion size. but remember if your server goes out of thier way to get you the numbers you need please make it worth thier while. they will and can get you the information you need all you have to do is ask. oh and if the portion is too big for what you were looking for ask your server to give you a to-go box with the meal and pack up half of it before you eat that way you dont overdo just because it is in front of you that is what i do. best of luck
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    You can either get a food scale or go to this website:

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/conversion_tables.htm
This discussion has been closed.