Just for today --- daily commitment thread

1405406407408409411»

Replies

• margaritayniguez
    margaritayniguez Posts: 38 Member
    I can say that this week hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I have had a few times where I was tempted but God was with me. I am participating in a church fast, it is getting easier with the Lord's help.

Tomorrow's commitment
    1. Continue to leave something on my plate.
    2. Drink 48oz of water.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    trying to get back on track after gaining 5 lbs so I am drinking more water, if I get hungry at night eating hard boiled eggs or piece of ham, or tuna, turning my head when I see those food advertisements or turning tv channel!
  • margaritayniguez
    I didn't succeed in my goals but I am not going to give up! I am a fighter. I will try again tomorrow.

1). Leave something on my plate.
    2). Drink more water.
    3). Walk 5000 steps.
  • margaritayniguez
    I didn't succeed in my goals but I am not going to give up! I am a fighter. I will try again tomorrow.

1). Leave something on my plate.
    2). Drink more water.
    3). Walk 5000 steps.

"With God we are able to do ALL things!"

-The Bible
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I started a new thread for the new year. I hoe you will join us there! And .. we always succeed if we keep trying!
    Here is the link to the new thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10494228/daily-commitment-thread-start-of-a-new-year#latest
  • mytime6630
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    trying to get back on track after gaining 5 lbs so I am drinking more water, if I get hungry at night eating hard boiled eggs or piece of ham, or tuna, turning my head when I see those food advertisements or turning tv channel!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10494228/daily-commitment-thread-start-of-a-new-year#latest

I hope you will join us there!
  • margaritayniguez
    I walked for an hour today. I didn't leave anything on my plate but I didn't eat as much. I am going to give it another try tomorrow.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Just for today.. I will not drink the Baileys. I didn't like it. Was given some at Christmas, tried it in milk, then hot chocolate. I have been driving king one day h day whilst I do dinner. Yesterday I had one early and one late. I eat too much to keep drinking these calories!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    I have a huge self care day planned. Then night out at bar with hubby before he goes back on his afternoon shift :(

Laundry
    I have a few white hairs and roots that MUST be colored
    Doing my nails (myself!!....but what colour)
    Walk doggies
    Do card challenge
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Hi. This is my first post in any community forum. I'm committed to do the following today: 45min to an hour of brisk walking, one upper body's free weights session, complete 10000 steps.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    I will eat within my calorie limit
  • mytime6630
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    I will eat within my calorie limit

I have started a new thread for the year 2017 -- so I hope you guys will join us there!Lots of motivation and encouragement!
  • deborahpreston1113
    deborahpreston1113 Posts: 6 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

Go get it. Everyone needs a boost. Mine came from how lousey I was feeling. Everyday I practiced my "Tailored for me plan" I felt like I was successfully on my way to my very last weight struggle. Excited about my effortless 8 lb loss due to a simple process that worked for me. Implementing do's and don't that are easy for me to follow; made me believe that weight control IS possible.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Finally back & it has been months since I've posted.
    Today

I'm tracking.
    Eating 90 grams of protein.
    Already worked out.
    Drinking 64 oz of water.
    Early to bed.

Have a great afternoon all.
  • Saragirl2

Weighed myself this am.
    Gym again today.
    15 mins on elliptical.
    Weights & some floor exercises.
    Catching up on my fave podcast Half Size Me for some support.
    Tracked most of my food choices for the day so that takes the guess work out & allows me to make better choices.
    Throwing out some Easter chocolate. I just can't have it in the house right now.
    Remind myself "there is no quick fix".

I'm going to try hard to get to bed earlier. It'll definitely help with my overall health.

Great day to all!

• mytime6630
    Hi Saragirl2!! So happy to see you again.
    In January I started a new thread (A new year!). I hope you will join us there. There are so many motivating people on that link - love to have you join us again!

• Saragirl2
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Hi Saragirl2!! So happy to see you again.
    In January I started a new thread (A new year!). I hope you will join us there. There are so many motivating people on that link - love to have you join us again!

Thank you Joan. I'll check it right away. Hope all's well with you