Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Let's talk about scalloped potatoes for a minute. Glorious scalloped potatoes.

I totally eat them and they are full of carbs and cheese and milk and all the yummy things.

I love those!!!!

• Verity1111
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    Food is joy. I can't see it as straight sustenance, I like it too much. Particularly fatty salty food (hey there cheese).

I'm eating healthy to lose weight for my health.

But try to take this pizza away from. Just try. I dare you.

And I recently discovered ranch (not a huge thing where I live) and I may be ruined for life.

Life is about balance. All things in moderation.
    Ken's original ranch dressing....buy it. IDC if its $10 buy it lol
  • Verity1111
    OP, I really think you need to friend the guy who started the Easy Mac Diet thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10497347/easy-mac-diet/p1

I have nothing against this except that kraft is not vegetarian.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    And I see the Bid O is on tv commercials again promoting WW. Why do people listen to her when she has proven that what she does is yo-yo and she can't keep the weight off?

It boggles the mind.

I noticed her magazine on the rack at the supermarket checkout today - the headline was something like "I've finally made my peace with food". I couldn't help thinking, "Oh really? We'll see..."

I wonder if she keeps all her fat clothes for when she puts the weight back on? Although I doubt it - she could afford a brand new wardrobe every season if she wanted it! ;)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    edited January 2017
    I live for the local family owned restaurant's fried pork tenderloin sandwich. SO good... Probably like 9000 calories (seriously, the thing is the size of a plate), but worth it on occasion. It's a midwest thing. ;)

I also eat fruits and veggies and yogurt and cheese and fast food and hot dogs. :P
    K3rB3ar89 wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed by this thread.
    I settled down with a plate of cheesecake to read some comments about how you're all going to die from sugar cancer unless you eat 100% clean and haven't seen a single one. Not even a mention of kale. Where's the broscience?
    Hmphhh.

Ugh i love cheese cake! Strawberry cheesecake blizzards are amazeballs!

I also currently have 4 leftover slices of a strawberry cheesecake blizzard cake in my freezer from a family thing I had at the house.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    everher wrote: »
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    And I recently discovered ranch (not a huge thing where I live) and I may be ruined for life.

Put it on everything. Everything.

Including rice. My hubby often loves to mix it into his rice, no matter what else we're having with the rice! I did try it myself and it was pretty good, but that was before I started counting my calories - I'd want too much of the stuff on the rice... ;)

• chasii88
    chasii88 Posts: 2 Member
    Yea I pretty much do a lil of both.. I do drink protein shakes because I have to get alot of protein ( i started IIFYM) but so happy I can throw in some Oreos!! Oh an I ate greek yogurt/with a scoop of protein powder toped with a Reeses pb heart
  • tlynch6708
    tlynch6708 Posts: 1 Member
    I totally don't. I stay under my calorie goal for the day. Today I had popcorn and wine after dinner. I make cookies and am learning how to limit my eating to one or two a day. Saturday I had lots of pizza and beer after a 2 hour workout.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Oh, and I will never eat poutine, even though I am Canadian.

Traitor!
    No, poutine isn't for everyone, or for all the time.

But when you're craving it (usually wee morning hours after a bit of drinking) and you get good poutine it's the best. Salty fatty crunchy saucy squeaky melty goodness.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    (I tried to like kale chips. I really did. Figured they might be a good low-cal snack, but no. Those things are disgusting!)

Those pea chip things are pretty good though.

But the worst is seaweed. It's like fishy cellophane. I could barely get it to my mouth the smell was so strong.

Also, can we talk about movie theatre popcorn for a second? With butter.

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    What is deemed healthy today is tomorrows evil. I just eat to live and don't worry about what other people say.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    4theking wrote: »
    What is deemed healthy today is tomorrows evil. I just eat to live and don't worry about what other people say.

Likewise, I eat whatever fits my macronutrient requirements for the day. The bulk of my diet is lean meats, vegetables. egg whites and rice but I don't restrict myself to these things.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    I eat whatever I want as long as fits my calorie goal. Today was mostly Buffalo Wild Wings and shots of 151 rum. I don't judge, unless it's something really delicious ;)

Well I don't really drink much alcohol but I totally agree with this sentiment. If it fits within calorie goal it's good with me. I eat chips, soda, pasta, sti-fry, takeout, healthy and unhealthy.