WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Replies

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Lenora: Darth Vader is a good description if he came in pink :)

Sharon: You'll have to keep us updated on the year with no sugar activities. You can do it!

Sarah-Ontario: I find that routine helps with the sleep I get.

Congrats to all of those with the scale moving in the correct direction!

Thinking of all. Wishing you a wonderful successful day.

Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Jan:
    - Increase walking to 7500 per day by end of month
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    I'm glad to find this group. I am 64 and want to lose about 60 pounds initially. I have been retired for five years, have become very sedentary, and love both to cook and to eat. I am trying to find creative ways to maintain my food pleasure and still lose weight. This is my third try over the last ten years. Hopefully this will be the one that sticks. It helps being able to read about the experiences of others.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Happy Birthday Cheri :flowerforyou:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    B)
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Happy Birthday Cheri!
    uyjyvuc5akla.gif

Animal Kingdom was our favorite part of Disney when we went. We even stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and seeing a giraffe lay their head on the rail and staring at you through the sliding glass door on the 2nd story was surprising. Enjoy you time together, it is magical.

Charleen in Colorado
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Happy Birthday, Cheri. What a terrific way to spend your day.

Janetr okc
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Agree Marcelyn. I agree with those who say at this point only speak to him through a third party i.e. a lawyer. They will help you get what you are legally entitled to.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    katla I am ONLY here to put a smile on your mug :0)
    Floyd taken after we got him weighed, proud boy, gained 8 lbs
    84sswp1babmh.jpg
  • MeredithDeVoe1
    MeredithDeVoe1 Posts: 67 Member
    Just checking in. I am down 4 lbs and feeling pretty on top of things! I am getting by on 1200 calories, but I admit that most days I eat exercise calories back... Well I'm only on 1200 as a kickstart, I can't maintain that long term.

Reading about all the snow... my husband and I moved to Nigeria as missionaries 10 years ago so we only see snow every 4 years.

One of my motivators to get in better shape is chronic pain. Right now I feel the best I have in years! It's not about a beach body for me. Although that would be a bonus. Haha!!

Blessings to all!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    cheri Happy Birthday, January baby! I just know you're gonna keep getting those steps in, I'll bet you maintain weight eventhough the food is excellent at Disney.

I've logged my self working extra hard at the gym today so I have no excuses ;) I think it's kind of like some of you who log their food ahead of time, that way you have to live up to what you logged, I think this will work. o:)

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi girls!
    Just checking in with you.
    The journey to the airport was easy, with the sun shining the whole way. :D Past the places where I lived as a teenager.
    Found the Long Stay parking ok and the bus turned up immediately. :D
    Feeling a lot less stressed now that we are here. We're in a lovely hotel with a view of the runway. Very quiet. We have booked into their Brasserie restaurant, so we will enjoy a relaxed "date" meal. :D With wine. :D Not too much as I don't want to feel off tomorrow.
    It was a bit of a hassle having to leave the house fit for viewing, but we managed. We have another viewing on Friday.
    The best thing about this airport is that we have already checked in and dropped off our bags for tomorrow morning's flight. We won't have to leave the hotel early, but will be able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast before security. My back already feels a lot better. B)
    KJ - I think my back is like other people's migraines or irritable bowel. It starts to seize up when I'm stressed. One holiday in Madrid I was crippled with it, but it usually goes away once I'm off. I did take Ibuprofen.
    This morning I managed 300 calories of machines (not rowing, as I didn't want to aggravate my back) and a bit of yoga stretching. Lugging suitcases around burns up calories, right? :laugh:

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2017
    Went to Patriot's Day last night. Not for the faint of heart. I cried through a good portion of it. I'm glad I saw it, but probably will not see it a second time. On the other hand, Hidden Figures also made me cry but I could see it a dozen times and still want to see it again.

Heataher Have a great time! Glad you are on your way, now you can relax and enjoy the trip!
    Sharon Going through boxes of stuff to shred has also opened old wounds for me. There is something about shredding and recycling that old stuff that helps bring me closure, though, I find it difficult but cathartic. I hope the same is true for you...
    Pip That fracture was a doozy! Looks like your surgeon did a great job!
    Cheri Happy Birthday in the Magic Kingdom! How fantastic!
    t3313.gif

Katie Congrats!
    Penny and Katla Can't wait to see where the bouncing of the dime will take us next, LOL!!!s0438.gifs0415.gifs0401.gif
    Penny Exciting photos of the bear tracks. Oh Golly! what a place you live in! On a more mundane note, we share a love of rutabaga and parsnips. Adore both of them. Yum!
    Allie I second what NYKAREN said about Lisa's post. Also KJ's advice about flipping the fear. Go forward with a fierce heart, woman!

Thanks for all the sweet compliments about my granddaughter. She is such a force of nature. It's fun watching her evolve. Ditto for her older brother, who couldn't be more different from her, except in appearance.

Karen in Virginia
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    ;)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :star:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Happy Birthday, Cheri!!