Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    (I tried to like kale chips. I really did. Figured they might be a good low-cal snack, but no. Those things are disgusting!)

Those pea chip things are pretty good though.

But the worst is seaweed. It's like fishy cellophane. I could barely get it to my mouth the smell was so strong.

Also, can we talk about movie theatre popcorn for a second? With butter.

I haven't tried the pea chips yet, but someone else recommended them too so perhaps I'll give them a go! (I didn't mind "crispy seaweed", but I haven't tried that stuff you're supposed to wrap around rice in bentos - nori, is it? That looks like a piece of seaweed-paper...)

As for popcorn - our tiny local cinema makes buttered popcorn so good that people will go there just to buy a bag of it, not to see a movie!

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    Oh, and I will never eat poutine, even though I am Canadian.

Traitor!
    No, poutine isn't for everyone, or for all the time.

But when you're craving it (usually wee morning hours after a bit of drinking) and you get good poutine it's the best. Salty fatty crunchy saucy squeaky melty goodness.

It sounds delicious to me. lol
  • lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Hi ! Can you add me ? I eat cheese everday and chocolate and ice cream as often a I can fit it in my calories
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    edited January 2017
    I definitely don't eat clean. I do watch what I eat but I don't care how many calories are in things. I have pizza once a week and eat as much as I want. Chase it down with garlic knots and a house salad. As long as things are in moderation I see no harm in it. I mean right now is Girl Scout Cookie season, you telling me you're gonna resist thin mints?
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    I love to eat dirty ;)
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Because it's nice when I can eat junk sometimes and no one will judge me. :P lol

I fit a couple of beers over the weekend in my diary.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    I also like to eat a small bit of chocolate because it's tasty.

My favorite vegetable ~ it is a bean, right?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Pooshka2 wrote: »
    I also like to eat a small bit of chocolate because it's tasty.

My favorite vegetable ~ it is a bean, right?

Absolutely! And wine is made from grapes, therefore it's a serving of fruit... :)

I've had 30 servings of Easy Mac in 15 days. And don't care what anyone eats.

Yes... I've seen your thread...!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Because it's nice when I can eat junk sometimes and no one will judge me. :P lol
    Why would anyone need to judge you?? It is your journey, and you are the only one capable of judgement on how you are doing
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm going through the drive-thru at Chick Fil A tonight. Just like I do every week.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

omg the fiber one mint chocolate brownie is heaven in 90 calories <3
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    I've tried to "eat healthy" more times than I can count over the last couple of years. Eating "healthy alternatives" etc. Every time, I've lasted a week, maybe, MAYBE lost some weight, but have gone so crazy that I've jumped off that train and gobbled up everything I could. And that's why I'm 20 lb heavier than I was when I decided to lose weight two years ago!

I've lost 6 lbs in about two weeks and I haven't cut anything out.
  • ConnieT1030
    GUYS NO!! Nooooo!!!!!

I've tried the fiber one bars and hate them. They are so dry!! Try the special K brownies (80 calories) they are so delicious!!!!! So moist and amazing.

LOL different strokes. I have some of the Special K ones, you can have them =P One they are ridiculously tiny- like the size of a cracker. Two, it tastes mediocre at best. For 10 more calories, I'll take the fiber one brownie 100 times out of 100.
    I just have the rest of the box of special K to finish, because I hate having to throw out food =/ I admit i dont eat the other varieties of fiber one, occasionally the other brownie (not the mint chocolate) and it's not as good, and I dont care for cheesecake, and well, there's just no competing with chocolate mint, so i don't bother. Sometimes I will warm it for like 10 seconds in the microwave (unwrapped of course!)
  • ConnieT1030

My labs are improving,

I laughed when I saw that....looking at your profile picture, that is a lab right? :D