Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I grew an inch after losing 80 lbs.

I love it! Legs for days. :smile:

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited January 2017
    Since I was 22, I've been 5'6" exactly, or so I thought. After the birth of my last child (age 33, 7 years ago), I measured 5'6.5" (solidly between 5.6 and 5.7). For curiosity I measured myself today; 5'7". :o I don't know why, late growth spurt? Nah, probably posture improvement.

FTR, the same Stanley tape measure took all these measurements. It's part of the tool box that was my 18th birthday gift (first grownup gift, lol).
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    I grew almost an inch from all the Taekwondo I do. I'm 48, I'm not supposed to grow!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Gosh, I wish. I'm 4' 11.75." The 0.75 is important when you're short. I was half an inch taller when I went to the doctor, but it was because I was wearing different shoes :) I don't think losing 90 lb. had anything to do with it.

I agree with the other folks that I think it's probably a result of better posture. You may unconsciously carry yourself differently now if you have more self-confidence, or you might have developed muscle that helps support good posture.
  • aperfectscale
    aperfectscale Posts: 1 Member
    After losing weight you can not increase your height. But, the efficient workout will help you to increase your height. If you are improving your posture and spinal disc then you will increase by some inches.